Altometer is a tool to keep track of your alts. With the release of Rift 1.6, item information is now available. Along with character information, Altometer displays a list of all items possessed by all characters with information about who has it, how many, and where to find it.
/alt for detailed information on all the slash commands available. In particular,
/alt hide and
/alt show will hide and show the Altometer window, respectively.
What Altometer Cannot Do
At present, we cannot get information regarding mail or auctions, so items that are put into those systems will reflect as no longer being owned by any of your characters. This is a known limitation of the system, and that functionality will be added once those APIs are exposed. Also, we do not have currency information, so we cannot show character currencies.
This is only a rough listing of items...a lot of features will be added soon:
- Separating guild-owned items from personally-owned items
- Displaying equipped items per character
- Searching for particular items across all characters
- Adding filters to restrict what items are shown
- Cleaning up the display
- Displaying item tooltips from within Altometer
Also, we will soon be added in achievement data for characters, once we have gotten the item inventory to a reasonable facsimile of perfection.
- Changed the item window to break items into categories
- Removed the item update spam
- Added item information
- Added icons for character data and item information
- Changed appearance of window
- Shortened the name as it appears in the list
- Grouped names by shard, with appropriate title
- Detailed information appears as a tooltip on mouseover
- Removed much of the spam from the chatlog
- Now listing characters across shards
- Character shard is shown after calling in list
- Altometer now remembers if you had the window shown or hidden
- A reminder of how to show the window appears in the chatlog if the window is defaulted to hidden
- Removed the dependency on LibUnitChange