Imhothar's Bags is there to ease the management of your items accross multiple characters and adds some little "extras" to your UI. Due to current API limitations it does not do what it was originally intended for (namely replacing the default inventory windows) but rest assured that is to be added as soon as the Addon API allows it.
Until then you get the advantage of having all your items displayed in one window, so you get a nice overview of your belongings. You can look at the contents of your bank even while out in the wilderness, and inspect the items of your offline characters.
The nice little "extras" include:
- Display all backpack, bank, currency, equipped and wardrobe items each in a separate large window.
- View all your and your offline characters' items from anywhere you are.
- View the items of all guilds any of your characters is a member of.
- Items can grouped by category, bags or not at all ("all-in-one").
- Items can be sorted by name, icon, rarity or by slot.
- Empty slots are not displayed to save space. Instead the number in the top-right shows the number of empty slots.
- Access the inventory of all your characters on the shard anytime. You need to log into each character in order for their data to become available. Tracks all accounts.
- Condense multiple full stacks of the same item into one button for saving screen space.
- The windows can be moved anywhere you wish and resized.
- Adds a summary to item tooltips showing you whether any of your characters already own the displayed item.
- Displays the number of empty slots on the bags bar making it easier to know when visiting a merchant becomes necessary.
- Search the entire item database to find out whether your characters already own a specific item.
- /imhobags menu
- Open a little menu at your cursor from where you can open all the item windows of all your characters.
- This works great if put into a macro.
- German: Imhothar
- Russian: GwynBleidd
- French: AbysseDream
- Korean: Google Translate
- Chinese: Pandora
- Taiwanese: Pandora
If you wish to help in translating ImhoBags into your language, please let me know! Just drop me a PM.
There is a public API which can be used by other addons and might get extended in the future as required.
Details about it can be found on the Public API page.
What the Addon is not (yet)
The current Rift API imposes some limitations on what the Addon can do. Thus the followig features are unfortunately not possible at this time. But the code is largely prepared to support them as soon as the API becomes available!
- The ImhoBags windows cannot hide the default Trion windows.
- The highlights for newly acquired items are missing.
- The tooltip location, size, etc. is known bug with the addon API. There is nothing we can do to fix it at this time.
The complete list can now be viewed in-game in the Config Window.
0.21beta (March 2014)
* When sorting by rarity, if the items are "rare" or better AND are armor or weapons,
then the items will be first grouped/sorted by equip. location. (In other words,
all "helms" will be together, etc.)
* Artifacts will once again find themselves in the 'collectibles' category.
0.20beta (February 2014)
* Dream Weaving items now have their own category
* Transcendent item buttons should now have the proper "red" outline
* Fixed "Error: performance warning" (ImhoBags/ItemHandler.lua in function 'Drag')
* I have confirmed that the Rift addon API has a bug that is causing stackable items in
bank vaults not to update properly in the imhobags window. I've reported this directly
to Zorba (the addon dev) and hopefully he'll have a chance to fix it in the near future.
0.19beta2 (February 2014)
* Fixed a bug that was causing items not to appear when viewing the equipment window for
0.19beta (February 2014)
* When sorting by 'rarity' the items with the same 'bind' and 'rarity' will then be sorted by name.
* Added new configuration option in the config window under 'extras': "This setting allows you to
select the number of seconds the addon waits (after an inventory change) before updating the window.
When this value is greater than zero, the addon will update immediately on the first inventory change
and then will not update again until # seconds has elapsed without any other inventory changes.
(This setting is especially useful for players who move large amounts of items from one window to
another and are frustrated by categories shifting between moves.)" This is an advanced setting
and the default value is 0.
* Added ability to customize the sort order of categories within the inventory windows (currently,
categories are sorted alphabetically.) To utilize this feature, go to the configuration window,
click the 'behaivor' button, and then click the 'category sort' window photo. For a demonstration,
please see http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=GTL-E9hprGE&vq=hd1080
* Leatherworking materials (hides, bones, leather, etc.) should now once again be sorted into
their own category.
* Fixed a number of reported errors (primarily attempts at indexing nil or non-table variables)
* Fix for several 'performance warning' errors.
0.18beta (January 2014)
* When sorting items by "rarity", items will now sort first by rarity, then by 'bind' type, with
"bind on pickup" items first, then items that are "bind to account", followed by "bind on equip"
items, and finally the rest.
* The SearchWindow will now open in the center of the screen on first use. It will also properly
save its location for future use when the window is closed or you logout/exit game/reloadui.
* Fix for "attempt to call method ''MoveToGrid'' (a nil value)" error. It appears that the code
intended to reduce performance warnings was not 100% successful. "Performance warning" errors
should still be greatly reduced when NOT in combat. However, fixes for performance warning errors
while in combat (i.e., when the system is "secure") is forthcoming.
* Added code to reduce 'performance warning' errors when opening the Configuration Window.
0.17beta (December 2013)
* Added handling for the "performance warning" errors that some users may have
experienced. The methodology used will cause the imhothar bags animation
used to look a bit different when in combat (this is an addon API limitation.)
However, there is no functionality changes whatsoever with this feature.
* The search box in the title bar will now search in the same way that the
"search database" window has always worked: case-insensitive by item name.
* Item enchantments such as runes, whetstones, and insoles now have their
* Fixed Guild Vault labels when sorting by 'bags'
* Fixed a bug in which moving multiple stacks of items that have a "quantity"
might result in buttons not working (especially if the first stacks moved
were of lesser quantity.)
* Fixed a bug in which using the in-game "auto-sort bags" feature might result
in buttons not working properly.
0.16beta2 (December 2013)
* General updates for RIFT 2.5 compatibility (Big thanks to Ivnedar for his expertise!)
* The Addon will update the internal item storage database if ItemStorage.version < 0.16
(In other words, the addon should reset the "SavedVariables" file for you when upgrading
to this version.) If you have a lot of bank vaults, you may get a "performance warning"
the first time you open your full bank. This shouldn't happen again until the internal
item storage database requires another update. Please note that this update may reset
your window positions/configuration, sort options, etc.
* Fixed a typo involving "transcendant" items
* Fixed items currently placed in bank vault slots (caused by addon API changes in RIFT 2.4)
* Fixed the Texture:SetTexture() "Incorrect function usage" bug
* Fixed the display of bank vaults when grouped by 'bags'
0.15beta (June 2013)
* Requires RIFT 2.3
* New translations for Russian
* New translations for Simplified and Traditional Chinese
* The "autoOpen" configuration option is now enabled by default
* "player" is now an accepted as character name in the slash command
* Fixed credit-related errors in 2.3
* Fixed scrollbar errors in the configuration window
* Fixed an error related to guild items
* Adjusted the empty slot indicator for the new 2.3 bags bar
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|