ChatGuard No Spam v1.1
ChatGuard No Spam is a new take on an old problem. Gold seller spammers are every where. In game black list can only hold so much, not to mention its a manual process.
Other addons have tried, and come close, at stopping spammers. They typically rely on the user to keep the site list updated or to add the necessary key words.
Most anti-spam addons make use of blacklists to keep the spammers out. Either through managing the in-game black list for you, or through setting up their own system. Problem with that is for the first option, it limits your ability to use the black list for other reasons. Main issue with the second method is that if for some reason the custom data gets erased, the black list is lost. It also adds more data to the saved data file.
ChatGuard No Spam does not black list any one. It just stops the message from being displayed. ChatGuard No Spam is very lightweight, saving only configuration options and a running count of spam messages blocked. ChatGuard No Spam blocks 95+ gold seller and bot sites at install. No Spam also looks to block new sites that may arise, making use of key words, blocking the message if a certain number of key words is reached.
Currently, based on testing so far it has a 100% block rate for whispers and zone spammers, and as far as I can tell is not blocking normal messages.
Final release will (hopefully) include a config window to configure the options and get No Spam to block spam messages in say chat.
ChatGuard No Spam change log
- Added new sites to master site list
- Added ability to add sites or key words - /nospam addsite site
- Added ability to disable addon for specific toons - /nospam enable|disable toon
- Revamped the site list - list now takes into account single spaces between letters, also droped .com/.net/.cc from
sites - this allows for 1 site to cover all possible tld's, instead of having to add 1 domain 5 times
- Updated list with a couple new sites that have popped up
- Updated key word list with a new form of www (wvvw - that is w, two "v"s and w again)
- Added readme.txt
- Fixed (hopefully) small bug where whispered spam messages were still added to whisper window
- Updated cgnsLang_ENUS.lua with new texts
- Cleaned up code - removed unused functions, etc
- Detailed change log for a change
1.1 - 1.2
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|