Continued after 3 years - update for ROM 6.1.0.
yGather - Gatherers Map is a resource stack mapper. It records resource stack locations as you walk by and shows them on the worldmap.
- records resource stack locations and shows them on worldmap
- shows previously recorded resource stacks on minimap if the resource is currently unavailable
- configurable icon shape, size, color and transparency for worldmap and minimap
- filter options
- highlight selected resources on minimap
- (WoWMap compatible - not a real feature, but people seem to be interested in the fact)
yGather - Gatherers Map ist ein Hilfsprogramm für Sammler. Es zeichnet alle Vorkommen von Rohstoffen an denen ihr vorbei kommt auf und zeigt sie auf der Weltkarte an.
- zeichnet alle Rohstoffvorkommen auf und zeigt sie in der Weltkarte
- zeigt aufgezeichnete Rohstoffe auch auf der Minimap an wenn diese gerade abgeerntet sind
- die Darstellung, wie Größe, Form und Farbe der Icons kann individuell für Weltkarte und Minimap angepasst werden
- bestimmte Rohstoffe können markiert werden und leuchten auf der Minimap auf, wenn sie in Reichweite kommen.
- kompatibel zu WOWmap
- über den Addonmanager
- über Parameteraufruf /yGather or /ygather im chat
- über den Rohstoff-Button oben links auf der Weltkarte
Frequently Asked Questions
How To ...
... enable new resources
When Runewaker adds new resources, they have to be added to the yGather/resources/spotnames.lua file.
The file has one line for each resource type.
The number before the equal sign is the yGather ID of the resource. It has to be unique in the file. If you add a new resource just pick the next free number in the corresponding block (Lumbering, Mining or Herblism). A once assign yGather ID must not be changed - this would mess up the yGather database.
The first value after the equal sign (for example Sys560038_name) is the RoM-internal identifier for the name of the resource in the minimap tooltip. These names can be found in the string...db files in the interface.fdb file. There are tools to extract these files - look or ask in the RoM forums.
The second value after the equal sign is the level required to gather the resource (it's not required, that the gathering levels are ordered in the file). The third value should be obviuos. ;)
Make sure that you follow the exact format of the other resource lines.
... enable new zones
When Runewaker adds new zones some scaling information has to be added to the yGather/resources/zonescaling.lua file.
yGather needs this information to calculate the exact position of the resource spots.
The value before the equal sign ist the zone id. You can print the id of your current zone to the chat by typing the following command into the chat edit field:
The first and second value after the equal sign are the horizontal and vertical scaling values. They are a bit more difficult to obtain.
First you need to find a location where there is only one icon of a kind (i.e. with the same tooltip name) on the minimap. Resource spots are well suited. NPCs are a bad choice because they tend to move (even the transporter dog moves a tiny bit) which leads to false scaling values.
If you choose a resource make sure there are no other resource spots with same name on the minimap and in the near surrounding. You have to move while measuring the scaling and there must not be any other icon with same name on the minimap during the whole measuring procedure.
Let's suppose you chose a "Moxa" spot ("Moxa" is the name in the minimap tooltip). Go to that spot. This is your reference spot. Make your chat window BIG. Type the following in the chat edit box:
/script yGather.minimap.scaleReference = "Moxa";
Now move diagonally (look at the minimap) from the spot (no mounts, no speed buffs, ...). You should see pairs of numbers rushing through your chat window. The farther you move from your reference spot (reference spot still on minimap) the more the numbers should converge to two values (one for horizontal and one for vertical). There are always a view values which are totally different to most of the others (don't know why) - just ignore them and focus on the majority. Round the values to full integers - these are your scaling parameters.
To get rid of the chat messages type the following:
/script yGather.minimap.scaleReference = "dummy";
The third value after the equal sign is just the name of the zone. It's mainly for better readability and not used for anything else.
If you have false scaling data resource spots on the worldmap occur in the wrong location. This gets worse the higher the worldmap coordinates are.
Use the localization feature at curseforge, if it supports your language. If it doesn't, you may either ask the people from curseforge to add it (prefered; click "Site issues" at the top of the page and file a ticket) or change the yGather files directly.
All files needed for localization are in the lang directory. If you change something (or add a new language), save the files as UTF8 without BOM (byte order mark) if your editor supports it. If not, save as ASCII, but then you have to escape non-ASCII characters.
Like with any other addon unzip in your RunesOfMagic program folder (not the one in your user directory) into the directory Interface/Addons.
- Recording only works when minimap is visible and displaying resources. It's not required to be on screen. It can be moved to not be visible but should not be hidden.
Bugs and Feedback
You can write a comment below or send me a PM or create a ticket Create a ticket (You can write in German or English)
(thanks to adisadicul for bringing the idea of yGather to RoM and creating the first versions)
- small fix to show Ygather in Ystra on Worldmap correctly
- update to chapter 6.1.0
- code improvements/updates
- localisation update
- ressources corrected
- Ress icons and non-Ress icons corrected (thx to Unknown3383)
- Ystra Worldmap corrected
thanks to arnefi for the following changes:
- added scaling data for Coast of Opportunity, Xaviera, Land of Malevolence, Redhill Mountains
- added level 61, 63 and 69 resources
thx to arnefi for the following changes:
- added Limo Desert scaling data - resources get recorded now
- added level 57 resource icons to "Resource icons" icon set
thx to flow0284 for the following changes:
- level 57 resource are recorded
- added Northern Janost Forest scaling data - resource get recorded now
- fixed incompatibility with WoWMap - changing zone on worldmap should work now
- quick fix for rom client 220.127.116.111
- fixed: NPCTrack feature caused false records if tracked NPC had the same name as user markers
- added Thunderhoof Hills and Southern Janost Forest scaling data - resource get recorded now
- russian localization (thx to SilverWF)
- universal resource db (big thanks to Yamabuki for finding out the key names)
- resource menu stays open, when adding resource to or removing resource from filtering
- new feature: highlight selected resources on minimap
- update: french localization (thx to Noreck111 and Agenusha)
- added vietnamese resource db (thx to vietales)
- fixed a few bugs that occured when yGather was installed for the first time
- lots of internal changes (almost completly rewritten)
- no resource clusters when moving while RoM client is minimized
- resource database cleans up itself; i.e. resource locations, that are not seen for a while are removed from the database;
- increased number of resource icons on worldmap to max 600
- new icon sets
- *minimap: the original minimap icons
- *minimap grey: the original minimap icons, but in grey (my favorit for the missing resources on the minimap)
- *minimap alternativ: three icons I found in the RoM files;
- *resource icons: as in the bag
- cleaned up filter menu
- *only resources currently visible on the worldmap are shown as options
- *options to hide ore, herbs and wood
- *option to hide everything, that is above the characters current gathering level
- *colored resource filters
- added quick switch on worldmap which easily hides or shows (according to the filters) icons on worldmap
- added option to change yGather interface language
- japanese localization update (thx to Yamabuki)
- traditional chinese localization update (thx to machihchung)
- added hungarian translation and resource DB (thx to Tuskone)
- updated chinese translation and resource DB (thx to flamejoker and antonyliaw)
- added chinese translation and resource DB (thx to antonyliaw)
- updated japanese resource db file (thx to Yamabuki)
- added ENUS resource DB file
- added Aotulia Vulcano scaling data - resources should be recorded now
- fixed "Mineral de hierro de brujo" in spanish resource db
- spanish translation for config dialog (thx to Intarcete)
- japanese translation and resource DB (thx to Yamabuki)
- fixed resource filters
- fixed "Clear Zone"
- added Savage Lands scaling data - resources should be recorded now
- added Elven Island scaling data - resources should be recorded now
- removed placeholders for non-existing resources (resources will be added as soon as they are in the game)
- fixed "Spiegelried" in german resource DB (thx to KingAnorak)
- fixed "Ambroise" in french resource DB (thx to ExTempus)
- fixed a bug that caused to many updates of the worldmap while moving - should increase perfomance
- fixed "Drachenbartholz" in german resource DB (thx to KingAnorak)
- fixed "Herbe d�moniaque des montagnes" in french resource DB (thx to ExTempus)
- added Weeping Coast scaling data - resource should get recorded now
- fixed "Drachenmalve" and "Drachenbaumholz" in german resource DB (thx to Medice)
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Map & Minimap
- 8,162 Monthly Downloads
- Quests & Leveling
- 7,179 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 6,182 Monthly Downloads
- yGather - Gatherers Map
- Auction & Economy, Crafting, and Map & Minimap
- 4,267 Monthly Downloads
- Tooltip and Quests & Leveling
- 4,063 Monthly Downloads