IHYTM or I Hate You This Much
... is a simple aggro meter that uses a hidden chat channel to broadcast updates to other group members with IHYTM on how much aggro they have built over the course of the fight with a monster.
Currently, the mod is in beta and the number value displayed for aggro is a close approximation to what it's true aggro is. This mod is never going to be 100% accurate as there are certain limitations in place, such as:
- Guard aggro is funneled from the guarded target to the guarder. There is no way to figure out the distance (to my knowledge) so IHYTM assumes the guard target is ALWAYS in the guard range of 30ft.
- IHYTM does not take item hate decreases or increases but it does detect tactics and certain skills that lower threat generated.
- IHYTM will not work well unless your entire group has the mod. Some buffs, like guard, transfer hate and it requires the person being guarded to have IHYTM for accuracy.
- Aggro is tracked by monster name so in the case of multiple monsters with the same name it will treat them all as a "group" and when one dies the aggro resets again.
- AOE abilities, like Challenge, are considered hitting everything in the aggro tables. This means if you challenge a group of monsters that are not yet on the aggro tables it will only count for the one you are targeting. If you only hit one monster out of all the ones in the aggro table, IHYTM will still assume you hit them all as this cannot be tracked client side through the UI (to the best of my knowledge, at this state of the game).
- Slash command /ihytm to bring up valid commands.
- When you join a party with IHYTM enabled you will send the [IHYTM: JOIN] message and if the leader has IHYTM, he/she will send the [IHYTM: SYNC] message and all group members with the mod enabled will join the same IHYTM channel for the group.
- When you leave a group or someone else sends the sync command you will automatically leave the old channel and join the new one.
- You can manually leave, join, or sync channels through slash commands.
- The IHYTM window will only display for your enemy target's aggro and will only pop up if there is aggro being tracked
- The window is moveable through the layout editor and by default, placed right next to the default enemy target window.
- There is a 'reset' command for boss fights that reset aggro, this must be manually pressed at such events for an accurate reading. It can be bound inside a macro for ease of use.
- Special thanks to:
Thanks for your interest and let me know if you encounter problems or have a suggestion.
Currently, IHYTM only works on the English version of the game.
- Should be 1.3.6 ready.
- Buffs & Debuffs, Unit Frames, Combat, and PvP
- 391 Monthly Downloads
- Development Tools
- 328 Monthly Downloads
- Unit Frames
- 249 Monthly Downloads
- Action Bars, Combat, Class, and Buffs & Debuffs
- 243 Monthly Downloads
- PvP, Combat, and Buffs & Debuffs
- 203 Monthly Downloads