Object Inspector is a simple little mod that enables you to view the structure and values of a specified variable, table or return value from a function call.
Type /obj to open the Object Inspector window and then type the name of the variable, table or return value from a function call into the edit box at the bottom of the window (i.e. PartyUtils.GetPartyData() or GameData.Player.Pet) and either press enter or click the Inspect button.
Object Inspector will then traverse through the structure of the object and display both the structure and the the values at all of the leaf nodes.
A handy little addon for developers who are either trying to get a better understanding of the Warhammer API or who are trying to debug their addons.
Note: There is a 79000 character limit to the display and if the object name is too long (greater than 15 characters), the object name will be replaced with the letter "O", in order to save characters and show more of the details.
Further Note: This addon has a dependency on the Libslash addon in order to run.
Version 1.1 Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where Object Inspector would crash the client if the object being inspected contained an endless loop. Object Inspector now inserts a message ( "Endless Loop detected on object [Object Name]" ) in place of the looping object and continues to traverse the rest of the objects.
Version 1.2 Enhancement:
- Added additional functionality so the user can specify the number levels that Object Inspector can traverse. Default value of 0 will traverse the entire object. A value of 1 means that only the immediate children of the object will be shown. A handy feature if you are inspecting a large object and it doesn't fit inside the 79,000 character limit (i.e. GameData).
Version 1.3 fixes:
- Fixed channel communications to cater for changes in the Warhammer 1.3.6 patch
Fixed channel communications to cater for changes in the Warhammer 1.3.6 patch
- Buffs & Debuffs, Unit Frames, Combat, and PvP
- 375 Monthly Downloads
- Development Tools
- 342 Monthly Downloads
- Unit Frames
- 255 Monthly Downloads
- Action Bars, Combat, Class, and Buffs & Debuffs
- 240 Monthly Downloads
- PvP, Combat, and Buffs & Debuffs
- 214 Monthly Downloads