Hi, my name is Thaoky, and I'm an Altoholic :)
Altoholic is an Ace 3 addon written for people who dedicate most of their time to leveling alts, and who want to have as much information as possible in one addon. The main feature of the addon is the search functionality which allows users to search their alts' bags or loot tables in an Auction-House-like frame (see screenshots). All this with multiple-realms/accounts support.
About the addon & the author
I've been playing WoW since the European release, and I used to rely on addons like character viewer to check my alts' inventory, but since it was more or less abandoned and not always stable for me, I decided to write an addon myself and to improve the search feature as much as I could. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do :)
The addon has been in development since December 2007 and was officially released in late March 2008. It's still not final, and although it has considerably evolved since the initial release, there are still a lot of things I haven't had time to implement yet.
Please note that this is my first addon, and that English is not my native language.
- Languages supported: enUS, frFR, deDE, esES, ruRU, zhCN & zhTW.
- Account-wide data summary:
- Characters' talents: Full talent trees & glyphs are supported for both specializations.
- Money, /played, rest xp for each character, subtotals by realm, and grandtotals for the account.
- Bag usage: see at a glance which characters should get bigger bags (bag size, free slots and types included)
- Characters' skills: skill summary on one screen, namely the 2 main professions + the 3 secondary skills as well as riding. I may add more if there's demand.
- Reputations: a list of all the reputations of the current realm's characters. You can see at a glance if all your alts are at least honored with Honor Hold if you want to get the new 2.4 blue PVP set. Suggestions on how to grind reputations will be available soon.
- View containers (bags, bank, keyring) of all alts, on all realms.
- Guild banks : You have 10 alts in 10 different guilds on the same server, all of them with access to a guild bank ? Not a problem, you can see them all here.
- E-mail: allows you to see which alts have mail without having to reconnect them. The addon will tell you when mail is about to expire on a character. Threshold configurable (up to 15 days). Multiple realm support as well. Mails sent to a known alt (one you've logged on at least once) will be visible in the addon without having to reconnect it.
- Equipment: See the equipment of the current realm's alts in one screen. Very useful when purchasing stuff for your alts at the AH. Multiple realms supported. Right-clicking any equipment piece will allow you to find an upgrade, this feature is similar to the official wow armory feature, and is quite performant, even though it doesn't match the accuracy of the official one.
- Search: the most important feature of the addon, it uses an AH-like frame to display search results. You can either search bags on the current realm, on all realms, or a loot table.
The loot table is a table based on AtlasLoot, but which contains only item id's, and therefore keeps memory usage minimal.
The Search menu allows you to find items based on their name (even partial), level, type or rarity, almost like at the AH. It is also possible to search known recipes.
- Quest Log: See the quest logs of all your alts, as well as an indication of which alts are on a specific quest. Clicking on a quest link in the chat log will tell you which alts are on that quest.
- Suggestions: Currently, only profession leveling suggestions are available when mousing over your current level in a specific profession. Suggestions are based on the leveling guides posted on the official US forums (credit goes to their respective authors). The addon also suggests you where to quest/grind xp depending on your character level.
Suggestions were also added for the most recent factions. More to come later.
- Auction house: You can see which auctions/bids you've placed with an alt without being logged in or being at the AH.
- Professions: You can browse all known recipes in a thotbot like frame (see screenshot).
- Mounts & Pets of all your alts.
- Achievements are tracked for all you alts (see screenshot).
- Guild Members: a list of your connected guildmates, along with their alts (if they're using Altoholic too), and their average item level. Clicking their AiL will also allow you to "remotely" inspect their equipment.
- Guild Skills: a list of altoholic users in your guild, along with their alts and direct profession links. All professions are available in one click.
- Guild Bank tabs: a list of altoholic users and the time at which they last visited the guild bank. If you haven't visited the guild bank for a few days, you can remotely update your local data without going to a capital city.
The FAQ has been moved here : http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=372&a=faq
- I'd like to thank my guild, Odysseüs on EU-Marécages de Zangar, for assisting me since the earliest phases, thanks guys for everything you've done :)
- Thanks to the wowace community, you've been very helpful and this addon would not be there without the technical answers you gave me (especially Xinhuan, author of BankItems)
- Thanks to all the guys who are behind AtlasLoot, keeping the loot table up-to-date is a tremendous work, and the search functionality of Altoholic would not be what it is without your hard work.
- Thanks to Ayindi (wowace) & sLiz3r (curse) for the German translation.
- Thanks to NightOwl (wowace) for the zhTW translation.
- Thanks to Wang (wowace) for the zhCN translation.
- Thanks to Hellbot for the ruRU translation.
- Thanks to Laumac for the frFR translation.
- Thanks to IrregularByte for the esES translation.
- Brykrys for the LinkWrangler support.
A massive code cleanup was performed, it should be mostly transparent for all of you, but code maintenance will be greatly improved for me.
I also simplified a lot of XML frames with new conventions that Blizzard had activated certainly a while ago, but that I never had time to change.
It's not finished, but it's a step in the right direction :)
- Many options were not saved correctly, this has been fixed, as a result, these options have been reset (tooltip options, etc..)
This options bug had, among others, impact on the account sharing feature that couldn't be launched anymore, Thanks Elfana for helping me on this !
- DataStore_Garrisons: Fixed scanning collection of garrison cache resources. It could occasionally be wrongly reset when getting resources from other sources.
- DataStore_Garrisons: Followers are now stored based on their id's, instead of their names. You will have to check your missions' table again with your alts to update follower information.
- DataStore_Garrisons: added a slider to configure when the reporting for uncollected resources should happen (350 -> 475)
- Grids -> Garrison Followers: added a drop down list to filter followers on whether they are collected, not collected, and if they were recruited at the inn or not.
- Garrison blueprints now appear in red if already known, I applied the same rule as for BOP recipes from Garrison trainers, thus any BOP item with "Already known" will appear red in a merchant frame.
- DataStore_Agenda: fixed another Lua error at logon introduced with previous fix. (Thanks again SpareSimian!)
- DataStore_Mails: added an option to report mails about to expire to the chat frame, in addition to the already existing dialog box. This will allow you to see on which alt the mail can be found. Please keep me informed if you detect real bugs thanks to this.
- DataStore_Garrisons: fixed a bug where saved buildings are deleted from the DB.
- Added tracking of uncollected garrison resources. They can be seen in the currency pane of the account summary.
- Added a warning when uncollected garrison resources are >400 on a given alt. There is an option to disable this warning if you want to.
- Added Garrison-related achievements, now listed in a proper way in the achievements' tab.
- Checked recipes that kept appearing in green at garrison trainers.. there was no bug actually, recipes stayed green because they could be learned by other alts.
What I did instead is to check if a recipe is BOP. If it is BOP, and already known, it will appear in red.
- Removed mounts from the addon, as they have been account-wide for a while now. The icon is still there as a placeholder in the grids tab though.
- DataStore_Pets: removed all mount-related functions and data tables.
- DataStore_Mails: fixed a bug where the addon kept complaining about old mails about to expire. This one is long overdue, thanks to Wispor and Elfana for helping me on this one !
- Fixed "Player not found" message. (Bug 779 / Thanks Phinar !)
- DataStore_Achievements: fixed an error caused by achievements with invalid id (as returned by the game's API). (Bug 792 / Thanks SpareSimian)
- DataStore_Agenda: fixed a Lua error at logon. (Bug 792 also / Thanks SpareSimian)
Seven Year Anniversary Edition.
Today is the seventh birthday of Altoholic, and I wanted to take a moment to thank the community for its patience and support.
2013 was a difficult year on a personal level, and 2014 was extremely busy at work.
As you have all seen, the amount and the pace of releases was not the best in these last 2 years, nevertheless, I remain committed to keep the addon alive, even if it will sometimes be on a "best effort" basis.
I had originally planned to make a release a bit earlier, but life came in the way, and truth be told, it's not a bad thing that the release happens today, as the last time I actually made a release close to the addon's birthday was for the 2-year anniversary.
To celebrate this wonderful day, I am releasing the first garrison-related features, it's not much, but it's a step in the right direction. I hope you'll enjoy it.
I will be peacefully resting at home for the next 2-3 weeks with some spare time on my hands though, and I intend to work on garrison missions + resources, and also on several fixes that are long overdue.
Enough said.. let me finish by wishing you all the best for 2015, for you and your families, and of course for all your alts :)
.. on to the changelog !
- New DataStore module : DataStore_Garrisons !
Note: You have to visit the missions table to scan followers, it doesn't work otherwise.
- Grids tab: added a pane for Garrison followers.
- Grids tab: added a pane for Garrison buildings.
- DataStore_Containers: now scanning the reagent bank at logon.
- Account Summary : updated the "currency" pane to remove valor and justice tokens, and replace them with garrison resources, apexis crystals, and seals of tempered fate.
- Account Summary : added a pane for Garrison followers.
- Fixed a Lua error when talking to an enchanting follower in the garrison.
- Fixed professions not being scanned entirely since 6.0 (Thanks Myrrodin & CKaotic), I did revert the part about followers though, to use IsNPCCrafting() instead.
- A lot of minor fixes.
- Garrison missions/resource tracking are coming, no need to ask, it's high on the priority list :)
- I have a few weeks off, so I'll have time to work on the add-on, there will be releases in the coming 2-3 weeks, with several bug fixes (hell, the list has grown quite long..)
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 4,279,633 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,454,210 Monthly Downloads
- 2,370,157 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,095,694 Monthly Downloads
- Garrison Mission Manager
- 887,456 Monthly Downloads