If you're using an older version of the addon (0.7beta6 or lower) and want to update it to version 0.5 or higher then please follow these steps before installing it:
- Close World of Warcraft, if it is still running.
- Delete the old ArenaLiveUnitFrames and ArenaLiveCore directories inside your "World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons" directory.
- Open your World of Warcraft root directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft").
- Open the "WTF" folder inside the World of Warcraft directory. (e.g. "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF").
- Open the "Account" folder and then open the folder that is named like your account name (e.g. "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Your Account Name>").
- Now open the "SavedVariables" folder inside your account's directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Your Account Name>\SavedVariables").
- There delete the two files "ArenaLiveCore.lua" and "ArenaLiveCore.lua.bak".
- Now install the addon via the curse client or manually.
ArenaLive [UnitFrames] is an unit frame set that is based on the ArenaLive Spectator UI.
Help localising the addon:
If you want to help making the addon available in your mother tongue, then take a look at the localisation page on curseforge.
- You can either show the unit's 3D portrait or the class icon.
- Every unit frame has a portrait overlay that shows current CC on the unit or particular CDs the unit uses.
There are currently 2 dynamic icons per frame that can be set to the following:
- Unit's class: Will show the class icon.
- Unit's race: Will show a race and gender specific icon.
- Unit's specialisation (only for player and arena targets): Will show the current talent specialisation.
- Unit's Trinket: Will track the cooldown of the unit's pvp-trinket.
- Unit's Racial: Will track the cooldown of the unit's racial ability.
- Unit's interrupt or dispel: Depending on the class it will either show the cooldown of the defensive dispel or the unit's interrupt ability.
- Unit's reaction: Colours the icon in the reaction specific color that the unit has towards the player (friendly, hostile, neutral).
The healthbar can be coloured by:
- Class colour.
- The remaining amount of HP (smooth).
- The unit's reaction towards the player (friendly, hostile, neutral).
- simple green.
Furthermore heal prediction and absorb bars are also shown.
It is possible to set the status bar text yourself using certain aliases for the following things:
- Full Max Value: %MAX%
- Abbreviated Max Value: %MAX_SHORT%
- Full Current Value: %CURR%
- Abbreviated Max Value: %CURR_SHORT%
- Health Percentage with 2 decimal digits: %PERCENT%
- Health Percantage without decimal digits: %PERCENT_SHORT%
- (Absorb display is currently disabled)
The cast history shows the last spells/attacks a unit used. Up to 9 icons can be shown simultaneously. This is especially useful if you are streaming and want to give your audience an easy way to see what is going on.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that could cause a lua error whenver a successful interrupt was cast.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that would cause the UI reload popup to show up when the PetFrame was disabled.
- BUGFIX: Readjusted position of Deathknight's runebar.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that caused a lua error when an enemy unit is shown for frames with the "Show only Player's Debuffs" feature active.
- NEW: Diminishing return trackers do now have test values and will be visible when frames are unlocked.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that prevented buff and debuff filters from working correctly.
- BUGFIX: Adjusted all alternative power bars' position.
- OTHER: Changed default position and size values for Arena and Party frames' DR Trackers.
- OTHER: Changed default position of the pet frame.
- IMPORTANT: Please reset your old ArenaLiveUnitFrames Settings as explained in the addon's description in order to prevent errors.
- NEW: Unit frame positions can now be changed in the option menu to allow more accurate placement.
- NEW: Frame constituents like cast bar, cast history and aura frames can now be positioned more dynamically.
- NEW: Frame borders can now be hidden. The frame design was changed a bit to account for this new feature. It is, therefore, possible that some frame borders do not align perfectly.
- NEW: Added a Grid consisting of a horizontal and a vertical line to improve frame placement.
- NEW: Unit frame tooltips can now be enabled/disabled.
- NEW: All unit frames except for target-of-target and target-of-focus do now have a diminishing return tracker.
- NEW: Dynamic Icons do now have a fallback option that will be used if the first choice isn't available for a specific unit.
- NEW: Added tooltips to most option menu items.
- NEW: A tooltip showing the remaining time flagged for pvp will now be shown when scrolling over the PvP-status icon.
- BUGFIX: In combat icon for target frame should now be displayed according to target's combat state.
- BUGFIX: Display of Mage's Counter Spell interrupt will now be reduced by 4 seconds to reflect the 2-piece PvP-Set-Bonus.
- OTHER: Completely redesigned the option menu to be more intuitive.
- OTHER: Rewrote the profile system to be more dynamic.
- OTHER: Updated some spell-IDs in spell database.
- OTHER: Updated .toc file.
- OTHER: Redesigned the SavedVariables structure.
- OTHER: Switched from lua-based font swaps to xml-alternatives for non-latin characters. This should enable European players to see names with non-latin characters correctly.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that would set the fonttype to a Taiwanese font for German clients.
- BUGFIX: Player tooltips should finally show up again, when entering an unit frame.
- OTHER: Updated CC and DR lists. These should now both be complete.
- OTHER: Added Taiwanese localisation
- OTHER: Added German localisation
- BUGFIX: Fear should now be shown correctly in the cc indicator again.
- BUGFIX: Tweaked option sliders to fix the strange slider behaviour in 5.4
- OTHER: Updated .toc file.
- OTHER: Added many offensive cooldowns to the spell library.
- OTHER: Updated ArenaLive [Core] to fit the version of the new Arena Live [Spectator].
- NEW FEATURE: Added the possibility to change border colours for all unit frames.
- OTHER: Added a range and phase indication for party frames.
- BUGFIX: Auras should finally grow upwards when positioned above a unit frame.
- BUGFIX: Fixed an issue were the castbar would disappear during channeled spells.
- BUGFIX: Healthbar colours are now updating correctly again, when set to "Current Health".
- NEW FEATURE: Added Korean localisation (thanks to curse user "jungwan2" for the new localisation and "kennethshin" for the old one).
- NEW FEATURE: Added a small profile menu to copy settings from one character to another. (Log on every character once to copy their frame positions).
- OTHER: Frame positions are now stored in the addon's saved variables instead of Blizzard's layout cache.
- OTHER: Added a function to reset target of target's and target of focus' anchors in order to reattach them to their parent frames after moving them separately.
- OTHER: Further updated the spell database.
- BUGFIX: The Korean client should now display all fonts with an outline.
- BUGFIX: Fixed an issue where the faction symbols weren't displayed on arena enemy target frames inside battlegrounds for non english clients.
- BUGFIX: The unit frames should work with addons like clique once again.
- BUGFIX: Auras should now grow upwards when positioned above a unit frame.
- BUGFIX: Blizzard's ComboFrame should now be hidden correctly if the ALUF_TargetFrame is enabled.
- NEW FEATURE: Player names will now indicate if a unit is AFK/DND.
- NEW FEATURE: Added party frames.
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to set the number of shown buffs and debuffs for every frame type (0 disables duffs and/or debuffs).
- NEW FEATURE: The target frame now shows if your target is in combat or not. (Not completely implemented yet).
- NEW FEATURE: Added two new categories for portrait overlays: Useful buffs and useful debuffs. The first will only show Fear ward for the moment, whereas the second one currently only shows Unstable Affliction and Vampiric Touch.
- OTHER: Changes in the option menu are now applied instantly, instead of after hitting the OKAY button.
- OTHER: Level, in combat and resting display were moved from inside the portrait to the other icons on top of the frame.
- OTHER: Spec icon for arena frames was moved next to the name of the arena target.
- OTHER: When a cast is not interruptible, the according cast bar's colour will now switch to blue in addition to the glowing border effect.
- OTHER: Completely recoded the whole addon's core to be more efficient.
- OTHER: Lock Frame option was moved to the ArenaLive [Core] Menu tab.
- OTHER: Added some missing spells to the spell DB.
- BUGFIX: Names etc. should no show up correctly when playing on korean client.
- BUGFIX: The PetFrame now shouldn't show up, if it was disabled in the option menu.
- BUGFIX: Debuffs should now only show the player's debuffs when "Show all enemy debuffs" is unchecked.
- BUGFIX: Few other Bug fixes were made.
- OTHER: The system to enable/disable unit frames was completely redone. It should now work as intended.
- OTHER: It is now possible to disable reverse fill for target, focus and arena enemy frames.
- OTHER: A new checkbutton was added to make it possible to enable/disable absorb bars without enabling/disabling predicted healing and vice versa.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that would cause a LUA error when "Show all enemy debuffs" was unchecked.
- BUGFIX: Dwarf Race icons should now show up correctly.
- BUGFIX: 3D Portraits of NPCs should now always update to the portrait position when PortraitType is set to "class" for the target frame.
- BUGFIX: Spell lock cooldown should now show correctly, if the "Dispel or Interrupt" Icon option is chosen.
- NEW FEATURE: A diminishing return tracker was added to arena enemy frames.
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to hide Blizzard's player cast bar.
- NEW FEATURE: Added Clique support.
- NEW FEATURE: Options menu can now be opened via slash commands: /aluf, /aliveuf, /arenaliveunitframes and /alive
- BUGFIX: Name colour should now reflect correctly if a NPC was tapped by another player, when set to reaction colour mode.
- BUGFIX: Arena enemy frames should now behave correctly (again).
- BUGFIX: Added several spells to the Spell Database for CC Overlay.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that prevented options from the "ArenaLiveUnitFrames" tab from being saved into the SavedVariables table.
- OTHER: Increased the size of the stealable debuff border to make it easier to spot dispellable debuffs.
- NEW FEATURE: Frames can now be enabled/disabled according to your wishes.
- BUGIFX: Arena enemy frames should now behave correctly inside of arenas and should no longer reset their healthbars randomly.
- NEW FEATURE: Added arena enemy frames.
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to size buff/debuff icons seperately from unit frame scale.
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to size cast history icons seperately from unit frame scale.
- NEW FEATURE: Added a frame mover to each frame that will show the x and y coordinates of the frame.
- NEW FEATURE: Focus and target frame icons can now show trinket, racial, dispel and interrupt cooldowns.
- BUGFIX: Player names should now be shown correctly while using the russian game client.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that would cause the frames to shrink to 0.1 scale.
- BUGFIX: Unit frames that are unlocked should now show up correctly, even if their unit type currently doesn't exist.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that prevented Set Focus from being used in the UnitPopup DropDownMenus. This should also solve the RaidFrame taint ArenaLiveUnitFrames was causing sometimes, but further testing is needed on this.
- NEW FEATURE: Added Target-of-Target frame
- NEW FEATURE: Added Focus frame
- NEW FEATURE: Added Target-of-Focus frame
- NEW FEATURE: Added Pet frame
- NEW FEATURE: Added Absorb bars
- NEW FEATURE: Frames are now scalable in the options menu
- BUGFIX: It is now possible to target units by clicking on their unitframe
- BUGFIX: Added several spells to the filter list for the castHistory
- Currently includes Player and Target frame
- First Beta release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|ArenaLive [UnitFrames] 0.7beta2||Beta||5.3.0||1,183||08/20/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.7beta||Beta||5.3.0||475||08/12/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.6beta||Beta||5.3.0||366||08/05/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.5beta||Beta||5.3.0||529||07/25/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.3beta4||Beta||5.2.0||1,954||05/14/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.3beta3||Beta||5.2.0||900||04/28/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.3beta2||Beta||5.2.0||186||04/26/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.3beta1||Beta||5.2.0||192||04/23/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.3beta||Beta||5.2.0||212||04/18/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.2beta1||Beta||5.2.0||236||04/11/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.2beta||Beta||5.2.0||37||04/10/2013|
|ArenaLive UnitFrames 0.1beta||Beta||5.2.0||127||03/06/2013|