Notice: I've had to temporarily abandon all my projects as I no longer have a running subscription, and I have to make a living. I'm working a summer job in northwestern Ontario which has no internet access, so don't have the option to work on WoW-related things. Sorry. If you would like to pick up this project, send me a private message and I will try to get back to you ASAP. All you would really need to do is convert Simulationcraft APLs to table-object-oriented Lua, but it would be nice to see some code performance enhancements as well.
Versions 6.0.3-0 and up are based on patch 6.0:
• Rogue_Assassination_T17M.simc, SimulationCraft git commmit ra675bb241f5c (latest as of November 11, 2014)
• Rogue_Combat_T17M.simc, SimulationCraft git commmit r26b8b5f22099 (latest as of November 11, 2014)
• Rogue_Subtlety_T17M.simc, SimulationCraft git commmit r4216c7ed0c88 (latest as of November 11, 2014)
Basic Resources has a separate command from Assassin, it is /bres - not /assassin! (commands are separate incase people want to lock or scale one but not the other, or want to run just Basic Resources or just Assassin)
Assassin is an addon for rogues that simplifies gameplay and maximizes DPS by doing all the decision making for you.
Unlike some other addons, Assassin uses an advanced priority list developed by the people over at the SimulationCraft project and improved by myself for ease of use in actual gameplay.
It will calculate which ability would give you the highest DPS during the current combat situation.
The addon is comprised of three icons, left to right they are:
- The Previously Used Ability icon - Displays the last correct ability you used (to show you that you actually used it before the icon changed, can be disabled)
- The Best Choice Ability icon - Displays the best ability to use for maximum DPS during the current combat situation
- The Cooldown Ability icon - Displays when you should use an ability that is off the global cooldown or has a long cooldown (can be disabled)
Other features of Assassin includes:
- Glowing Ability Buttons - Your ability buttons glow when they become the best choice ability
- Multi-Target Modes - Use keybindings or clicks to switch between single target and 2, 3, 4, or 5+ target modes
- Know When You Miss - A red border will appear on the previously used icon when your attack misses or gets parried or dodged
- Moveable, Lockable, and Scalable - Each icon can separately be moved to wherever you like on the screen, then locked or scaled to any size
- Resource Bars AddOn - No dependencies! Must be enabled within the AddOns menu on the character selection screen
Slash command for Assassin user configurable options: /assassin
Basic Resources is an included optional addon that displays vital information such as your energy, combo points, anticipation, and global cooldown in a simple and elegant fashion.
It also works on other classes and has additional useful or annoying features.
Slash command for Basic Resources user configurable options: /bres and /cres
- Where is it? I don't see it!
Both addons hide themselves when you aren't targetting something you're able to attack. Try selecting a training dummy to move it around and such.
- How do I bind keys to change the amount of enemies?
Look in Game Menu -> Key Bindings -> Other for Assassin, you can set bindings there.
- Can I hide for a specific spec?
You can use /ass hidespec 1 to hide in primary or /ass hidespec 2 to hide in secondary spec.
- Is there a way to turn the rotation helper off? I only want the energy/combo points/anticipation/gcd bars.
As stated above, the resource addon is standalone (no dependencies). Just disable Assassin on the addons screen and keep Basic Resources on.
- Can I get this addon for other classes?
Look up Claw if you play a druid, Smash if you play a warrior.
- Removed check for Assassin.glow from glow update function...since that's gone (woops)
- Force glow creation if no glows found
- Added energy regen variable back to fix EnergyRegen function not found
- Code base update to latest of my addons
- Better performance
- Blizzard glow is now a separate option as well
- ElvUI and Bartender4 glow hopefully fixed
- Add alpha option to adjust icon transparency
- Separate button glow option from different icons (excuse my Engrish)
- Clean up code
- Fix Subtlety oh so broken I feel like I've let you guys down
- Hoping Instant Poison works for combat...
- Synchronize code with my other addons
- Interrupt icon feature added to let you know when it's okay to Kick
- Possible bug fixes
- Create glow frames using a proper non-interfering method rather than using Blizzard functions to solve UI taint completely
- Attempt to prevent UI taint by not placing it inside buttons but over them
- Maybe prevent a few Slice And Dice issues
- Oh jeeze this is gonna be so broken
- Code framework merged with other projects
- APLs updated to latest SimulationCraft APLs with tweaks
- AoE modes
- Cooldown and previous icon default sizes fixed (oops!)
- Dimmer stability fix
- Added requested feature: Dim main ability icon when you don't have enough energy to use it
- Updated combat priority list to latest SimulationCraft revision
- Subtlety and Assassination priority lists haven't changed at latest revision
- Improvements for handling tier 16 4-set proc in Subtlety
- Subtlety will now recommend Vanish > 3 cp if you have the Anticipation talent
- Fixed a typo that resulted in broken Combat specialization finishers
- Option to disable Rupture in Combat specialization as well as auto disable Rupture with Blade Flurry active
- Some variables have been renamed and scaling is now per icon
- GCD swipe feature added as requested
- Bug fix for previous ability icon (it didn't show anymore, oops)
- Did some actual Simulations with Assassination to improve upon what was provided, which should result in less Ruptures
- New versioning method that makes more sense because abilities change with new patches
- Rewrote quite a bit of code for efficiency, it should no longer trigger updates without a target
- Fixed a few bugs
- Performance optimizations!
- Rewrote all the priority lists with the latest SimulationCraft and small optimizations for actual gameplay
- Fixed check for combo points before saying you should Slice And Dice
- Fixed a small issue in Claw Resources for displaying Anticipation
- Combat priority list complete (and extremely optimized, I spent a night in Simulationcraft and gained at least 6000 dps over the current profiles!)
- Added Anticipation support
- Also included Anticipation support in Claw Resources, past 5 CP your combo points will start turning blue! It's like star power mode! (I should totally ninja the GH3 starpower effect wav for it, licenses, licenses...)
- A few minor adjustments to other specs
- Made manual cooldown management more manual (oopsies)
- Probably fixed a bug while I was asleep or something
- Updated for 5.0.4/5
- New rotations
- Combat is sort of not there, because you see...I don't have the gold to respec to such an inferior specialization. Yup.
- Blizzard's spell flash is now disabled when the addon loads in order to prevent its trickery!
- This is an alpha...erm, release - yeah, it's pretty stable. I just say it's alpha because I was too lazy to add combat priorities.
- Initial release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Master Plan
- 3,046,282 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 2,776,738 Monthly Downloads
- 2,236,167 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,229,965 Monthly Downloads
- 1,054,037 Monthly Downloads