This addon will quickly and easily give you information about the gear of the target player or yourself. Also tells you the item level of items.
The information on the gear is given as the average item level of the equipment, colored in a fitting color (red for bad gear, green for good gear).
If the avg ilvl doesn't mean anything to you, look at the color.
If the color isn't accurate enough for you, look at the avg ilvl:)
However, remember that the avg ilvl doesn't tell you that the player is properly geared. For all you know it might be a resto druid in epic feral gear;)
The coloring of the quality is scaled to the level of the player, so the addon is just as accurate for twinks and levelers as for lvl80's.
To make the quality of BoA items accurate, they will count as a green\blue of the same level as the player.
For those extra curious, the addon will also count and list how many items the player has of each rarity(green\blue\epic etc). Just remember, an epic item isn't always very good, it could be a lvl80 still wearing lvl 70 pvp epics. So don't use the item rarities to figure the gear quality of the player.
IMO this information is most useful for quickly figuring the reason of the avg ilvl, or checking if the player is geared with BoA.
The targeted player must be in range to be inspected. Once the gear information is aquired, the addon saves the information for later when the target is out of range.
You can also check the gear of players of the other faction, but only if you are allowed to inspect them (sanctuaries).
IMO the information given by the addon is most useful when you want to know if anyone in your party or raid has crap gear. It will be very, very easy to make sure noone in the raid is geared in lots of greens.
It could also be a way to see if your twink or low lvl char needs upgrades.
- /agc : gives you a list of possible commands.
- /agc lookup (playername) : gives you the saved info on that player.
- /agc report (playername) : reports your saved info on the player to raid/party.
- /agc report bad : reports to raid/party all players in raid/party that have an avg ilvl lower than blues (that means lower than 200 on lvl 80).
Additional features with Recount and AGC Recount plugin installed:
- List of the avg ilvl of everyone in the party/raid.
- Print the list of party/raid ilvls to whereever you want.
- Mouseover a player in Recount to see exactly what gear the player is wearing.
Additional features with Athenes Upgrade Estimator installed:
(This requires the Cataclysm version of AUE - not yet released as of 19.12.2010)
- Item tooltips tell you the stat budget of the item. This makes it slightly easier to evaluate possible upgrades.
- Player tooltips tell you the total stat budget of that player's equipment. This gives a better estimate of the quality of the player's equipment, compared to the avg item level. It will not tell you wether the player is properly geared to the class and specc, though.
- Player tooltips tell you how much resilience the player has. Now you will quickly notice wether the player is PVP geared!
- Fixed the slow loading time.
- Added automatic database clean, deleting all data older than 2 days.
- Added range check
- When combining AGC with AUE, the player tooltips will now tell you how much resilience the player has.
- Moved the info in the character screen, to the bottom just below the frame.
- Refit the addon for WoW 4.0.
- Updated gear quality coloring for Cata.
- Added fundament for some future features.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|