AutoLootSpec lets you pick a loot specialization for each boss of a raid, and automatically changes the loot spec when you target that boss or when the encounter starts. It works with all raid bosses that have a dungeon journal entry (i.e. Cataclysm and up).
- Open dungeon journal to raid boss (e.g. Horridon).
- Select desired difficulty in dungeon journal. By default Auto Loot Spec will maintain different settings for each difficulty. (You can also use the same settings for all difficulties with the /als diff command, see below.)
- Click loot spec button on the right to cycle through the available loot specializations and pick the one to use for this boss.
- In the instance, target the boss or just start the encounter, and Auto Loot Spec will change your loot spec to the one selected above. It also works for world bosses like Nalak.
In addition to your character's normal specializations, there are two additional options:
- Default for instance: Selects whatever loot spec you've set as default spec for this instance and difficulty. This is the default.
- Active spec: This corresponds to Blizzard's "Current Specialization" setting, which means you will get loot for whatever spec you're in when the boss is engaged.
- /als [cmd] [arg]
- /autolootspec [cmd] [arg]
- diff / difficulties: set how Auto Loot Spec handles the difficulty setting
- 0: ignore difficulty, all difficulties have the same settings as LFR
- 1: different settings for every difficulty (however for pre-WoD instances, only LFR and normal/heroic raids have different settings) (default)
- 2: different settings for every difficulty (in all instances, old and new)
- enable: change loot spec when targeting bosses
- disable: do not change loot spec
- debug: debug info for current instance/target
- reload: if the current instance or difficulty wasn't detected correctly, reload the loot spec settings with this
Since version 5.4.4, AutoLootSpec not only reacts to targeting a boss, but also to boss frames that appear when an encounter is started. Therefore you do not have to target a boss beforehand. After you target a boss or start the encounter, AutoLootSpec will change your spec only once and not again until the end of the encounter, so if you change your mind and change loot specs manually, the addon will not interfere with that for the duration of the encounter.
The addon recognizes a boss by its name[*], and works for all creatures that are listed in the Dungeon Journal for a given encounter (for example, Iron Qon's quilen mounts). This may however cause problems in other localizations if the boss name is different in the Dungeon Journal entry (see the model tab for all names) and in the actual instance. Please report any such discrepancy, and include the game localization together with the actual and journal boss names.
The encounter detection may occasionally not work quite correctly, when one encounter has boss frames for NPCs that also appear in other encounters. This is the case for example in the healer's Test of Reliance of the Norushen encounter, where NPCs from the Protectors encounter appear. If the Norushen encounter does not have a loot spec setting, but the Protectors encounter does then the addon would incorrectly detect the start of the Protectors encounter that way. Therefore, as a healer, make sure you choose a loot spec for both encounters. They can be different, and they can be the "default for the instance" setting; as long as they are not "Do not change" the encounter will work correctly. For the Galakras encounter, if you do not target Galakras earlier the start of the encounter won't be detected until Galakras is shot down and becomes attackable, but the loot spec will still be set correctly at that point.
For world bosses, there is no actual difficulty setting, so the dungeon journal difficulty is ignored and the tooltip doesn't show one regardless of the "/als diff" setting. Furthermore world bosses have no boss frames, so you do need to target them even as a healer if you want AutoLootSpec to recognize them.
If the addon doesn't do what you expect it to do, please post the output of the command "/als debug" while targeting the boss.
[*] With some exceptions: in the Spoils of Pandaria encounter, none of the boss frames have names that appear in the dungeon journal, so these are recognized by their NPC ID.
- Switch to full NPC-ID based detection, to avoid potentially localization issues with varying boss names
- Localization support
- Update for patch 6.0.2
- Handle new difficulties for SoO and WoD raids
- Fix detection of Spoils of Pandaria encounter
v5.4.3 BETA, 2013-10-06
- Track encounters via boss frames, when a boss frame with a recognized name appears, set the loot spec and then will not touch it again until the end of the encounter.
- If you're a healer on the Norushen encounter, make sure to set both Norushen and Protectors loot spec to something other than "Do not change", or the NPCs in the Test of Reliance will be detected as Protectors encounter and the loot spec set for that encounter.
v5.4.2 BETA, 2013-10-03
- Support setting a default specialization for an instance, which applies to all encounters in the instance with an Auto Loot Spec set to "Do Not Change". Changes for individual boss settings will take precedence of course.
- Loot specialization can now be changed in combat too, so it's no longer required to target the boss before combat (thanks papsol)
- Encounter Journal difficulty IDs have changed, use the new values (also fixed flex difficulty)
- Update TOC for patch 5.4
- Fix recognition of Durumu encounter (he has a different in-game name than encounter journal)
- Show when a new encounter is detected even if the loot spec doesn't need changing
- /als dump command for debugging loot spec tables
v5.3.2 (BETA), 2013-08-27
- Preliminary support for 5.4 (flex difficulty), please report any bugs from PTR
- /als reload command to reload bosses for the current instance/difficulty if it fails somehow
- saved variables changed slightly, will be converted upon first loading
- fix loot spec setting on Nalak and Oondasta not working
v18.104.22.168 (BETA), 2013-06-02:
- remove some debug prints
- support different difficulty settings
- move button if Otis addon is loaded
- add slash commands /als /autolootspec
v22.214.171.124 (BETA), 2013-05-31:
- initial version
r37 | jdrexler75 | 2014-10-15 18:11:13 +0000 (Wed, 15 Oct 2014) | 1 line
A /tags/v6.0.0 (from /trunk:36)
Tagging as v6.0.0
r36 | jdrexler75 | 2014-10-15 18:09:44 +0000 (Wed, 15 Oct 2014) | 3 lines
- Update for patch 6.0.2
- Handle new difficulties in SoO and WoD
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 1,668,168 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 1,404,996 Monthly Downloads
- 953,354 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 588,639 Monthly Downloads
- Titan Panel
- Plugins and Titan Panel
- 525,527 Monthly Downloads