This module flashes suggested spells for all three Mage specs. You can find *lots* more information on its website.
Important note: Fire Mages must set the "Minimum Combustion Total Damage" option to achieve good results. More information is available here.
Bitten's SpellFlash modules replace Blizzard's default proc highlighting to flash the button you should press next to achieve maximum dps on a boss fight. Or if you are a tank, to maximize your survivability. For healers, they are just slightly smarter proc highlighters. Dps modules follow or are similar to priority schemes found in SimulationCraft, Icy Veins, and/or Elitist Jerks. Sometimes you have to be smarter than SpellFlash, e.g. when saving a cooldown for a specific boss mechanic, but in general following the recommendations will improve most people's performance.
The descriptions of each rotation moved to the website for Bitten's SpellFlash.
- Arcane: Don't flash Presence of Mind if Arcane Blast's cast time is below 1.2 seconds (instead you should save it until the haste buff(s) wear off).
- Arcane: Delay Presence of Mind until immediately before Alter Time if the cooldowns are close.
- Arcane: Adjusted the small/yellow/green flashing of Presence of Mind and Arcane Missiles that indicate what to do if solo and/or not using Arcane Power immediately.
- Arcane: Only flash Evocation when at zero stacks of Arcane Charge (sims at higher dps).
- Arcane: Added movement fallthrough flashing.
- Arcane: Now flashes for you to apply either Frost or Mage armor.
- Fire: Updated the fire rotation w/ new research, including adding Alter Time.
- Fire: Scorch is now flashed Orange when you are moving, to be consistent w/ the other specs.
- Frost: Played with the conditions for Freeze and Deep Freeze when solo.
- Frost: Bugfix in the conditions for the higher priority Rune of Power and Invocation.
- All: Bugfix - the duration of Rune of Power was not calculated correctly, causing it to flash much more than it should.
- Fire & Frost: No longer flash Conjure Mana Gem unless you take Invocation.
- Frost: Now flash Mana Gem before resorting to Evocation when under 10% mana.
- Frost: Bugfix - Rune of Power was broken.
- All: Bugfix - Nether Tempest was broken.
- Frost: Updating the rotation, including the addition of Alter Time.
- All: Added flashing for the heal from Cold Snap.
- Frost: Added flashing for Deep Freeze.
- Frost: Ice Lance now flashes at its highest priority when the target has Deep Freeze.
- Frost: Frostbolt no longer flashes at a higher priority to stacks its debuff when solo.
NOTE: This version includes a new version of Bitten's SpellFlash Library that I tried to test well, but if you find any issues please let me know right away.
- Frost: No longer flashes Freeze when targeting a boss.
- Frost: Improved the timing of Freeze so it never flashes before its cooldown is ready.
NOTE: Your options will be reset when you upgrade to this version.
- Repackaging so that Bitten's SpellFlash Library is included with the addon, instead of downloaded separately.
- Several other internal changes.
- Arcane: Updated rotations (both single target and AoE) for 5.2.
- Arcane: Arcane Power no longer flashes if you have the talent Incanter's Ward, but none of its benefits.
- Arcane: Bugfix - Arcane Power was never flashing if you had the talent Rune of Power.
- Arcane: Bugfix - minor fix in the AoE rotation.
- All: Bugfix - Frost Bomb was broken in the last release. Sorry!
- Arcane: By popular demand, Arcane Blast now stays at its higher priority until you have 4 stacks of Arcane Charge (simulations showed no difference in dps).
- All: There is now a "Solo Mode" option that adjusts things when you are not in a group. See the (new) website for more details.
- Arcane: now flashes Arcane Barrage if Arcane Charge would fall off otherwise.
Version 3.0.1 beta
- Arcane: added an AoE rotation.
- Arcane: no longer prioritize Arcane Blast based on number of Arcane Charges.
Version 3.0.0 beta
- Arcane: pretty much reworked the whole rotation.
- All: Living Bomb will refresh within the last tick (instead of waiting until it expires).
- All: Presence of Mind will not flashes during Alter Time.
- Fire: Lowered the priority of Nether Tempest / Living Bomb. Simulations showed a dps improvement.
- Fire: Worked a bit on the Heating Up / Pyroblast! detection, including adjusting some lag tolerances. I believe it is an improvement.
- Fire: Removed the 3rd line from the combustion monitor.
- Fire: Fixed the combustion monitor to reflect changes in 5.1.0.
- Frost: Icy Veins was flashing even when on cooldown if it was glyphed.
- Fire: Bugfix - The visibility of the combustion monitor would sometimes get out-of-sync.
- Frost: Adjust the priority of Freeze down to just above ice-lance, to avoid using Freeze only to end up capping FoF and wasting a proc. Simulations show this to be a dps increase.
Sorry about the double-release. I simply forgot to add this one in earlier.
- Frost: Frozen Orb is now prioritized just below the bomb spells (which shows a dps gain in simulations).
- Fire: Bugfix - Inferno Blast misses were not being handled correctly (causing Pyroblast to continue flashing as if it crit).
- Frost: Ice Lance is now always prioritized above Frostfire Bolt (which shows a dps gain in simulations).
- Frost: Freeze no longer flashes until 3 stacks of Frostbolt (which shows a dps gain in simulations).
- Frost: Add a frost rotation.
- All: Now flashes Rune of Power when you don't have the buff.
- All: Now flashes Evocation to keep up Invoker's Energy, if you have Invocation.
- Fire: Now flashes Frostfire Bolt if glyphed.
- Fire: Lowered the default value for "Minimum Combustion Total Damage" from 150K to 80K.
- Fire: Bugfix - now flashes Molten Armor instead of Mage Armor (oops).
- Fire: Bugfix - fighting in close combat, or when using Scorch, caused issues with proc tracking.
- Fire: Now has a Fire rotation.
- Arcane: Now flashes all 3 tier 5 talents.
- Arcane: Bugfix - stuff was messed up with mana gems, especially if glyphed. Hopefully it's all better now.
- Arcane: Bugfix - it was printing a error messages every time you cast a spell.
- Arcane: Bugfix - Arcane Power was not working correctly.
- Added an Arcane rotation for the MoP beta.
- All: Slight performance improvements.
- All: Bugfix - If using the "In Combat Only" option for SpellFlash, the combustion monitor would appear between logging in and entering combat, even if it shouldn't.
- Arcane: Focus Magic was broken.
- Arcane: Arcane Power was being a little wonky.
- Taking out of beta.
Version 2.5.1 beta
This beta release uses Bitten's SpellFlash Library version 3. If you update you will also need to update any of your other Bitten's SpellFlash modules, which may also be in beta.
- Fire: Workaround for a bug in the Blizzard UI that sometimes reports the wrong cast time for a spell.
- Fire: Bugfix - Living Bomb was flashing a little crazy. It has been stabilized.
- Fire & Frost: Bugfix - mirror images was flashing all crazy. It has been stabilized.
- Arcane: Continues flashing your mana gem for 5 seconds into Arcane Power.
- Fire: Stolen Time is no longer considered in the decision to cast Combustion (sims show it is a dps loss).
- Fire: The Combustion Monitor now hides itself out of combat if flashing is disabled out of combat.
- Fire: Scorch to Refresh Critical Mass now flashes to refresh with 3 seconds remaining, down from 5. Sims show this is a dps gain.
- Fire: No longer flashes Scorch when moving. I found it confusing because I didn't know if it was flashing because I was moving or because Critical Mass needed to be refreshed. The module now assumes you know to cast Scorch instead of Fireball when you are moving.
- Fire: Bugfix - no longer momentarily flashes Scorch between Pyroblast dealing damage and Critical Mass being refreshed.
- Fire: Bugfix - in the detection of whether a spell is in the air that could overwrite Hot Streak.
- Fire & Frost: Now flashes Evocation.
- Fire & Frost: No longer flash Mana Gem. It's too annoying on trash, and may not change the number of Evocations required on a boss anyway.
- All: Now flashes Spellsteal.
- Frost: No longer flashes Summon Water Elemental when mounted.
- All: Converted events to use the new framework in Bitten's SpellFlash Library. I believe this fixed a couple bugs.
- Arcane: Now flashes Focus Magic.
- Frost: Bugfix - Frost was completey broken by a Lua error when logging in :(.
- Fire: Now flashes Fire Blast a purple color when Impact is up.
- Fire: Very slight performance increase in the combustion monitor.
- Fire: Bugfix - sometimes the combustion monitor didn't show/hide itself when settings changed.
- Arcane: Mirror Images now flashes when you do NOT have Arcane Power if it is not glyphed. (With the glyph it still flashes when you DO have Arcane Power.)
- Arcane: Bugfix - now correctly calculates the cooldown of Arcane Power when deciding whether to flash it during the mana neutral phase.
- Fire: Now comes with a combustion monitor - like a simplified CombustionHelper. It can be shown or hidden from the options menu.
- Fire: Combustion now flashes when it will do more than X amount of total damage, according to the new combustion monitor. X is configurable in the options.
- Fire: Now waits for Critical Mass (or equivalent) to fall off completely before giving Scorch high priority, and prioritizes it just above Fireball when it will fall off within 5 seconds (up from 3).
- Fire: Bugfix - slightly improved detection of whether Hot Streak could be overwritten.
- All: Flashes Counterspell.
- All: Bugfix - now tracks cooldown reduction from Stolen Time more accurately.
- All: Bugfix - hopefully fixed a lua error reported by Zidomo.
- Arcane: Arcane Power is now delayed until its cooldown is fully shortened if wearing 4pT13.
- Fire: Added a fire rotation!
- Frost: Fingers of Frost consumption is now anticipated, so that spells flash as if the buff is gone even for the second between casting a spell and Blizzard actually removing the buff.
- Frost: Flashes Icy Veins.
- Frost: Flashes Cold Snap.
- Frost: Flashes your mana gem when low on mana.
- Frost: Freeze now flashes on your pet bar, in addition to your regular action bars.
- Frost: Now reminds you to Conjure Mana Gem out of combat.
- Frost: Bugfix - Mirror Images no longer flashes out of combat.
- All: Added German localization (thanks Gucki!)
- Bugfix: the arcane rotation was broken if spellflash was not set to flash out of combat.
- Now flashes Arcane Brilliance.
- Arcane code got a complete makeover.
- Arcane supports 4pT13.
- Now suggests you start your burn phase by flashing Arcane Blast yellow, instead of Arcane Power (I think this will be more intuitive).
- Flashes a mana neutral rotation around your evocation percentage if you reach it before evocation is available.
- Added options to tweak the Arcane rotation.
- Arcane mana pool calculations now handle all 3 versions of Will of Unbinding accurately, with and without Kings (or equivalent).
- Added Summon Water Elemental, Freeze, and Evocation to the frost rotation.
- Move to Bitten's SpellFlash Library 2.0.
- Should now work on non-English clients.
- Added localization support.
- Plays nicer with other addons.
- Initial Release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,063,327 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 472,647 Monthly Downloads
- 336,477 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 326,497 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 310,169 Monthly Downloads