This module flashes suggested spells for all three Mage specs. You can find *lots* more information on its website.
Important note: Fire Mages must set the "Minimum Combustion Total Damage" option to achieve good results. More information is available here.
Bitten's SpellFlash modules replace Blizzard's default proc highlighting to flash the button you should press next to achieve maximum dps on a boss fight. Or if you are a tank, to maximize your survivability. For healers, they are just slightly smarter proc highlighters. Dps modules follow or are similar to priority schemes found in SimulationCraft and/or Icy Veins. Sometimes you have to be smarter than SpellFlash, e.g. when saving a cooldown for a specific boss mechanic, but in general following the recommendations will improve most people's performance.
Some modules have AoE modes. Check the descriptions of each rotation to see if one is available for the spec(s) you use.
- All: Flashes WoW's 9th Anniversary Celebration Package.
- Fire: Updated the combustion monitor to reflect the nerf from this patch. You should update your "Minumum Combustion total damage" accordingly.
- Fire & Frost: No longer tries to re-apply Rune of Power or Invoker's Energy early when solo. It always waits until it falls off before flashing, because you might just finish your enemy during that time.
- Frost: Remove the priority for stack Frostbolt's debuff, since that debuff was removed.
- Fire: Bugfix - update to the latest Bitten's SpellFlash Library to fix an issue w/ Presence of Mind.
- All: Added flashing for Ice Barrier when solo.
- Frost: When solo, Icy Veins no longer waits for 3 stacks of the Frostbolt debuff when glyphed.
- All: Added flashing for food buffs.
- All: Rune of Power and Evocation now flash before combat when an enemy is targeted for your level 90 talent buff.
- All: When solo, Rune of Power and Evocation no longer flash in combat until their buffs completely expire.
Updated for patch 5.3.
- Arcane: Updated the AoE rotation based on new research.
- Arcane: Don't flash Presence of Mind if Arcane Blast's cast time is below 1.2 seconds (instead you should save it until the haste buff(s) wear off).
- Arcane: Delay Presence of Mind until immediately before Alter Time if the cooldowns are close.
- Arcane: Adjusted the small/yellow/green flashing of Presence of Mind and Arcane Missiles that indicate what to do if solo and/or not using Arcane Power immediately.
- Arcane: Only flash Evocation when at zero stacks of Arcane Charge (sims at higher dps).
- Arcane: Added movement fallthrough flashing.
- Arcane: Now flashes for you to apply either Frost or Mage armor.
- Fire: Updated the fire rotation w/ new research, including adding Alter Time.
- Fire: Scorch is now flashed Orange when you are moving, to be consistent w/ the other specs.
- Frost: Played with the conditions for Freeze and Deep Freeze when solo.
- Frost: Bugfix in the conditions for the higher priority Rune of Power and Invocation.
- All: Bugfix - the duration of Rune of Power was not calculated correctly, causing it to flash much more than it should.
- Fire & Frost: No longer flash Conjure Mana Gem unless you take Invocation.
- Frost: Now flash Mana Gem before resorting to Evocation when under 10% mana.
- Frost: Bugfix - Rune of Power was broken.
- All: Bugfix - Nether Tempest was broken.
- Frost: Updating the rotation, including the addition of Alter Time.
- All: Added flashing for the heal from Cold Snap.
- Frost: Added flashing for Deep Freeze.
- Frost: Ice Lance now flashes at its highest priority when the target has Deep Freeze.
- Frost: Frostbolt no longer flashes at a higher priority to stacks its debuff when solo.
NOTE: This version includes a new version of Bitten's SpellFlash Library that I tried to test well, but if you find any issues please let me know right away.
- Frost: No longer flashes Freeze when targeting a boss.
- Frost: Improved the timing of Freeze so it never flashes before its cooldown is ready.
NOTE: Your options will be reset when you upgrade to this version.
- Repackaging so that Bitten's SpellFlash Library is included with the addon, instead of downloaded separately.
- Several other internal changes.
- Arcane: Updated rotations (both single target and AoE) for 5.2.
- Arcane: Arcane Power no longer flashes if you have the talent Incanter's Ward, but none of its benefits.
- Arcane: Bugfix - Arcane Power was never flashing if you had the talent Rune of Power.
- Arcane: Bugfix - minor fix in the AoE rotation.
- All: Bugfix - Frost Bomb was broken in the last release. Sorry!
- Arcane: By popular demand, Arcane Blast now stays at its higher priority until you have 4 stacks of Arcane Charge (simulations showed no difference in dps).
- All: There is now a "Solo Mode" option that adjusts things when you are not in a group. See the (new) website for more details.
- Arcane: now flashes Arcane Barrage if Arcane Charge would fall off otherwise.
Version 3.0.1 beta
- Arcane: added an AoE rotation.
- Arcane: no longer prioritize Arcane Blast based on number of Arcane Charges.
Version 3.0.0 beta
- Arcane: pretty much reworked the whole rotation.
- All: Living Bomb will refresh within the last tick (instead of waiting until it expires).
- All: Presence of Mind will not flashes during Alter Time.
- Fire: Lowered the priority of Nether Tempest / Living Bomb. Simulations showed a dps improvement.
- Fire: Worked a bit on the Heating Up / Pyroblast! detection, including adjusting some lag tolerances. I believe it is an improvement.
- Fire: Removed the 3rd line from the combustion monitor.
- Fire: Fixed the combustion monitor to reflect changes in 5.1.0.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,498,566 Monthly Downloads
- 1,335,368 Monthly Downloads
- 524,122 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 439,301 Monthly Downloads
- 415,944 Monthly Downloads