This module flashes suggested spells for Protection and Retribution Paladins. You can find *lots* more information on its website.
Bitten's SpellFlash modules replace Blizzard's default proc highlighting to flash the button you should press next to achieve maximum dps on a boss fight. Or if you are a tank, to maximize your survivability. For healers, they are just slightly smarter proc highlighters. Dps modules follow or are similar to priority schemes found in SimulationCraft, Icy Veins, and/or Elitist Jerks. Sometimes you have to be smarter than SpellFlash, e.g. when saving a cooldown for a specific boss mechanic, but in general following the recommendations will improve most people's performance.
The descriptions of each rotation moved to the website for Bitten's SpellFlash.
Update for patch 5.3.
- Holy: Holy Shock now flashes small at 1 stack of Daybreak, and normally at 2.
- Protection: Bugfix for Lua error.
- Protection: Added level 90 talents as survival cooldowns.
- Protection: Spells will now flash small and green if they will be next but are still on cooldown.
- Protection: Eternal Flame is now used just like Word of Glory, instead of as a HoT.
- Protection: Word of Glory's / Eternal Flame's flash color is now red if you are wearing 2pT15 and the buff has less than 3 seconds remaining.
- Protection: Damage-only abilities will no longer take priority if an HP generating ability is just about to come off cooldown.
- Protection & Retribution: Healing spells now consider your incoming heals (except Lay on Hands).
- Retribution: Added an extra priority for Templar's Verdict having to do with 4pT15.
- Retribution: Updated the priorities with new research, including a change when wearing 4pT15.
- Retribution: Small green flashes now always warn you which spell will be next during wait periods.
NOTE: This version includes a new version of Bitten's SpellFlash Library that I tried to test well, but if you find any issues please let me know right away.
- Protection: Bugfix - unglyphed Consecration flashing was broken. Sorry about that!
- A slight change was required for the newest version of Bitten's SpellFlash Library. You only need this update if you also update one of my other addons.
- Update to the latest Bitten's SpellFlash Library. If you choose to install it separately (which is no longer required), you only need to update one of them.
- Retribution: Bugfix - Exorcism flashing was not respecting its cooldown when glyphed.
NOTE: Your options will be reset when you upgrade to this version.
- Repackaging so that Bitten's SpellFlash Library is included with the addon, instead of downloaded separately.
- Several other internal changes.
- Protection: Added Hand of Purity as a mitigation cooldown (because it affects all damage in 5.2).
- Retribution: Templar's Verdict will no longer flash when it is out of range.
- Retribution: No longer flashes Sacred Shield if a damaging ability will be off cooldown within 1 gcd.
- Retribution: No longer insists you switch from Seal of Insight to Seal of Truth.
- Protection & Retribution: Added Lay on Hands.
- Retribution: Researched the rotation and updated accordingly for slightly better dps.
- Retribution: Added lvl 90 talents.
- Retribution: Added Sacred Shield, Flash of Light and Word of Glory.
- Retribution: Hammer of Wrath no longer flashes when you have no target, or when your target is out of range.
- Holy: Added a Holy rotation.
- Protection: Faster reaction to Holy Power being used.
- All: When solo, raid buffs refresh at 2 minutes (when in a group, still at 5).
- Protection: Generally smoothed out some flashing quirks.
- Protection: Removed code having to do with Cataclysm items & enchants.
- Protection: Improved detection of when you are about to overflow your Holy Power, to flash Shield of the Righteous at all those times.
- Protection: Shield of the Righteous will now flash if you are about to lose Holy Avenger.
- Protection: Increased the priority of Ardent Defender when you are wearing 2pT14.
- Protection: Bugfix - no longer counts Avenging Wrath as a mitigation buff when it isn't.
- Protection: Bugfix - Now properly caps Word of Glory at 3 Holy Power when calculating if you can use the full heal.
- All: Improved internal Holy Avenger handling.
- Making the "Out of Date" status go away. Please report any real issues w/ the new patch.
- Prot: Bugfix to Avenging Wrath, which will also remove the chat frame spam from the latest release of Bitten's SpellFlash Library.
- Ret: Exorcism was totally broken when you had Glyph of Mass Exorcism.
- Prot: Hammer of Wrath was misbehaving a bit.
- Added Prot.
- Now flashes a Ret rotation in the MoP beta.
- Protection: Added an AoE rotation. Visit your keybindings to activate it.
- Ret: The AoE rotation is now triggered by your keybindings, instead of Seal of Righteousness.
- Ret: Now prioritizes Judgement higher when wearing 2pT13.
- Ret: Now anticipates Holy Power gained from 2pT13 (for the second between casting Judgement and actually receiving the holy power).
- Protection/Retribution: Consecration and Holy Wrath now only flash when you are in melee range of your target.
- All: Bugfix - was not respecting when you use Resistance Aura.
- Ret: Now detects and reacts to Divine Purpose. That was a major oversight before!
- Ret: Now flashes Divine Storm in place of Crusader Strike if you are using Seal of Righteousness.
- Ret: Does not flash Zealotry when you are using Seal of Righteousness.
- Ret: Bugfix - Seal of Truth was still flashing when you put up Seal of Righteousness.
- All: Now anticipates holy power changes from your queued spell.
Version 2.1.1 beta
This beta release uses Bitten's SpellFlash Library version 3. If you update you will also need to update any of your other Bitten's SpellFlash modules, which may also be in beta.
- Prot: A couple of the tanking cooldowns were not working correctly on non-English clients.
- Holy: Holy Shock now only flashes when under Daybreak (as well as still having less than 3 holy power).
- Holy: Flash of Light now flashes when under Infusion of Light.
- Prot: Automatically detects 2pT13 (instead of using an option for it).
- Prot: Seal of Insight now stops flashing if you have Seal of Truth or Seal of Justice.
- Prot: Bugfix - Crusader Strike was not properly detecting Vindication, making it flash with highest priority at all times. Now it is prioritized as described.
- Ret: Seal of Truth now stops flashing if you have Seal of Justice or Seal of Righteousness.
- All: Now flashes Rebuke.
- Holy: anticipates holy power from Divine Light and Holy Radiance.
- Holy: flashes Holy Radiance when under Infusion of Light.
- Holy: flashes Light of Dawn when you are at 3 holy power.
- Holy: flashes Holy Shock whenever you are under 3 holy power, instead of only when you also have Daybreak.
- Prot: flashes Hand of Reckoning and Righteous Defense when your target aggros to a non-tank.
- Prot: flashes Shield of the Righteous slightly more often.
- All: now flashes raid buffs.
- All: flashes your auras if you are not in one.
- All: seals now flash at 5 minutes remaining out of combat, down from 15.
- All: added German localization (thanks Gucki!).
- Bugfix: apparently the last release broke everything. Sorry!
- Bugfix: error when the module was loaded, but all flashing was disabled in SpellFlash.
- Bugfix: non-gcd cooldowns were flashing white instead of yellow.
- Moved from priority flashing to flashing all buttons that indicate buffs/debuffs in Holy.
- Added Beacon of Light to the Holy rotation.
- Move to Bitten's SpellFlash Library 2.0.
- Should now work on non-English clients.
- Added localization support.
- Plays nicer with other addons.
- Fix null pointer.
- Initial Alpha Release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,172,613 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 491,839 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 393,478 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 350,761 Monthly Downloads
- 329,575 Monthly Downloads