This module flashes suggested spells for all three Rogue specs. You can find *lots* more information on its website.
Bitten's SpellFlash modules replace Blizzard's default proc highlighting to flash the button you should press next to achieve maximum dps on a boss fight. Or if you are a tank, to maximize your survivability. For healers, they are just slightly smarter proc highlighters. Dps modules follow or are similar to priority schemes found in SimulationCraft, Icy Veins, and/or Elitist Jerks. Sometimes you have to be smarter than SpellFlash, e.g. when saving a cooldown for a specific boss mechanic, but in general following the recommendations will improve most people's performance.
The descriptions of each rotation moved to the website for Bitten's SpellFlash.
- All: Now flashes food buffs.
- All: Now flashes Shiv to dispel enrage effects.
Update for patch 5.3:
- Combat & Subtlety: Shuriken Toss is now only used when out of melee range (its dps benefit came from its low energy cost).
- All: The "No Backsab List" now includes Qiang the Merciless.
- Assassination: Bugfix - the Mutilate-before-Rupture priority was broken.
- All: Improved energy calculations when wearing 4pT15.
- All: The "No Backstab List" now includes Azure Serpent.
- All: Revisited all three rotations, updating them with Shadow Blades and level 90 talents, along with other changes from new research.
- Combat: Now tracks Bandit's Guile correctly when you miss.
- Subtlety: Improved energy prediction (w/ Energetic Recovery).
NOTE: This version includes a new version of Bitten's SpellFlash Library that I tried to test well, but if you find any issues please let me know right away.
- Combat: Sinister Strike will no longer flash outside of melee range. This release is mostly about the update to the library.
- Assassination: No longer pause at 4 combo points to "refresh" Rupture if it is not up.
- Combat: Never suggests a finisher when Revealing Strike is down.
- Combat: Never tries to pool energy when solo.
- Combat: Never tries to apply Slice and Dice early to last through Deep Insight when solo.
- Combat & Subtlety: Don't flash Slice and Dice w/ less than 5 combo points when solo and you have Glyph of Deadly Momentum.
- All: Added Recuperate flashing when solo and you have Glyph of Deadly Momentum.
- All: Bugfix - Flashing Deadly Poison was broken.
- Missed Paralytic Poison in the last version.
NOTE: Your options will be reset when you upgrade to this version.
- Repackaging so that Bitten's SpellFlash Library is included with the addon, instead of downloaded separately.
- Several other internal changes.
- Combat & Subtlety: No longer flashes Ambush if you have Cloak and Dagger and the enemy is in the (resurrected) "No Shadowstep" list.
- All: Added Marked for Death.
- All: Added flashing for Non-Lethal Poisons.
- All: No longer insists that you switch from Wound to Deadly Poison.
- Combat: Added a Combat rotation.
- Subtlety: Bugfix - the energy from Relentless Strikes was not being anticipated for Eviscerate.
- Subtlety: Bugfix - Shadow Dance and Preparation should have been flashing yellow. Now they are.
- All: Added Expose Armor.
- Making the "Out of Date" status go away. Please report any real issues w/ the new patch.
- Subtlety: The detection of the glyph "Tricks of the Trade" and the talent "Subterfuge" were broken.
- All: Removed chat frame spam during combat associated with the latest Bitten's SpellFlash Library release (which is what led me to find the bugs listed above).
- Bugfix: The options were messed up. Should be straightened out now.
- Assassination: Added an Assassination rotation.
- Subtlety: Played with when Tricks of the Trade flashes.
- Subtlety: Added Proto-Drake Egg to the list of things not to backstab.
- Added a Subtlety rotation for the MoP beta.
- Added the 2nd Burning Tendon to the Shadowstep blacklist.
- Assassination/Subtlety: Improved flashing during Vanish.
- Assassination/Subtlety: There is now a blacklist of mobs on which to flash Backstab (like Ultraxion). Please see the description to see what they are, and leave comments to have it adjusted.
- Combat: There is now a blacklist of mobs on which to flash Killing Spree (like Deathwing's Head). Please see the description to see what they are, and leave comments to have it adjusted.
- Subtlety: There is now a blacklist of mobs on which to flash Shadowstep (like Ultraxion). Please see the description to see what they are, and leave comments to have it adjusted.
- Assassination: No longer suggests to cast a 4 cp Rupture during the last tick of a 5 cp Rupture. This does not completely eliminate "A more powerful spell is already active," but it helps.
- Assassination: Energy calculations now guestimate Venomous Wounds procs.
- Assassination/Subtlety: Smarter flashing during Vanish.
- Subtlety: Pools to 85 energy in preparation for cooldowns, down from 90.
- Subtlety: Dynamically calculates the time to start pooling energy for cooldowns, instead of always starting 7 seconds before.
- Subtlety: No longer waits for the 5th combo point during Shadow Dance.
- Subtlety: Stops waiting for the 5th combo point sooner, to better avoid energy capping.
- Subtlety: Now factors Energetic Recovery into future energy calculations.
- Subtlety: No longer pauses at 5 combo points to wait for a higher priority finisher.
- Subtlety: Vanish now only flashes when you have less than 3 combo points.
- Subtlety: Energy calculations now guestimate Energetic Recovery procs.
- All: Added Redirect.
- All: All CP and energy calculations now take into account queued spells.
- Taking out of beta.
This beta release uses Bitten's SpellFlash Library version 3. If you update you will also need to update any of your other Bitten's SpellFlash modules, which may also be in beta.
- All: It now checks for instant poison specifically on your main hand, and deadly on your off.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,586,655 Monthly Downloads
- 1,080,253 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 692,050 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 550,804 Monthly Downloads
- Tidy Plates
- Artwork, Combat, Tank, and Unit Frames
- 466,118 Monthly Downloads