This module flashes suggested spells for all three Warlock specs. You can find *lots* more information on its website.
Bitten's SpellFlash modules replace Blizzard's default proc highlighting to flash the button you should press next to achieve maximum dps on a boss fight. Or if you are a tank, to maximize your survivability. For healers, they are just slightly smarter proc highlighters. Dps modules follow or are similar to priority schemes found in SimulationCraft, Icy Veins, and/or Elitist Jerks. Sometimes you have to be smarter than SpellFlash, e.g. when saving a cooldown for a specific boss mechanic, but in general following the recommendations will improve most people's performance.
The descriptions of each rotation moved to the website for Bitten's SpellFlash.
- Demonology: Now accounts for Mannoroth's Fury when deciding which spells to flash in AoE mode (which only affects Hellfire and Immolation Aura).
- Demonology: Now flashes Spell Lock and Optical Blast if for some reason you are using your Felhunter / Observer.
- All: Now flashes Devour Magic when you can dispel your target, and Clone Magic when you can steal your target's buff.
- All: Now flashes food buffs.
- All: Soulstone no longer flashes out of combat until you target an enemy.
Update for patch 5.3.
- Destruction: Updated Fire and Brimstone flashing to match its behavior in 5.3.
- Destruction: Bumped Rain of Fire up in the AoE priority list.
- Demonology & Destruction: Demonic Fury Burning Ember calculations now account for T15 set bonuses.
- Destruction: Bugfix - There was a situation when Chaos Bolt could flash when you would not have enough Burning Embers to cast it.
- Update to the latest Bitten's SpellFlash Library, to fix a bug when Metamorphosis should flash to be canceled.
- Affliction: Bugfix for a Lua error.
NOTE: This version includes a new version of Bitten's SpellFlash Library that I tried to test well, but if you find any issues please let me know right away.
- Destruction: small adjustment to Rain of Fire. This release is mostly about the update to the library.
NOTE: Your options will be reset when you upgrade to this version.
- Upgraded to the latest Bitten's SpellFlash Library.
- Several other internal changes.
- Destruction: Factors in the new Glyph of Ember Tap when deciding whether it should flash.
- All: Now flashes Dark Intent if anyone in your raid needs the stamina buff (or the spell power buff, as always).
- All: No longer flashes Soulstone if you are queued for a dungeon/raid.
- Bear with me - I'm learning this new packaging system. I think this time the debug output should be removed.
- No change, just releasing out of beta (see last version for the real changes).
Version 3.6.0 beta
- Repackaging so that Bitten's SpellFlash Library is included with the addon, instead of downloaded separately.
- Destruction: Added Rain of Fire to the single target rotation, which sims as small dps increase.
- Destruction: Added fancy, colored Immolate flashing for Pandemic, like Affliction dots.
- Affliction & Demonology: Life Tap flashes a little less aggressively when solo.
- Demonology: Bugfix - Shadow Bolt was not flashing if glyphed.
- All: Added Soulshatter flashing, in red, if you pull aggro.
- Affliction & Demonology: Life Tap now flashes out of combat when you can use the mana.
- Demonology: Added an AoE rotation.
- Demonology: Researched and updated the single target rotation for slightly higher dps.
- Demonology: Doom now flashes pretty colors like DoTs for Affliction.
- Demonology: The next priority after Doom now also flashes, in case your target will not live long enough to be worth casting Doom.
- Demonology: Closer tracking of Demonic Fury.
- Demonology: Made Felstorm and Wrathstorm flashing behave a little better (they were flashing early at times).
- Demonology: Bugfix - Grimoire: Felhunter was not flashing.
- Demonology: Bugfix - Aura of the Elements was flashing even when it was on cooldown.
- Affliction: DoT dps is now tracked per-target, so the pretty colors now work when multi-dotting.
- Affliction: Bugfix (I hope) - Corruption was sometimes never flashing because of a bug in Soulburn + Seed of Corruption detection.
- Affliction: Super-cool green/yellow/red flashing for DoTs now. Check the description page for what they mean and how you should respond.
- Affliction: Traded the priority of Corruption and Unstable Affliction unless corruption will expire otherwise.
- Affliction: Tweaked the rotation according to more research in Simulationcraft. DoT logic is more sophisticated, and should produces slightly higher dps.
- Affliction: Made better use of yellow flashes and small flashes for DoTs. Consult the description page for more info on what they mean.
- Affliction: No longer flashes Corruption if you have an empowered Seed of Corruption pending. (Warning: it will get confused if chain cast Seed of Corruption.)
- All: Now flashes Underwater Breathing.
- Demonology: Bugfix - Touch of Chaos did not always flash when it should.
- Affliction: Bugfix - The cast time for Unstable Affliction was not being factored in correctly, causing it to flash later than it should.
- All: Bugfix - Dark Regeneration flashing was broken when your pet wasn't out.
- Affliction: Workaround for a bug in WoW to make Soulburn/Soul Swap macros work.
- Destruction: Added an AoE rotation.
- All: Added Dark Regeneration.
- Affliction: DoTs will now flash with higher priority when on their last tick, so, e.g. it does not suggest you refresh Agony pandemic-style when Unable Affliction has already fallen off.
- Affliction: Pandemic-style refreshes are now shown as optional flashes, so you can decide to put off the refresh if a proc will be coming up soon.
- Affliction: Pandemic-style refreshes will now have small flashes if Dark Soul will be off cooldown before they expire, so if you plan you use Dark Soul right away you know to wait to refresh DoTs until then.
- Affliction: Haunt will no longer flash if casting it would cause Agony to fall off.
- Affliction: Optional Haunt flashes will now be full size, to match optional DoT flashes.
- Affliction: I think Soulburn flashing under Dark Soul might have been broken? Either way, it works correctly now.
- Demonology: Added a Demonology rotation.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,586,655 Monthly Downloads
- 1,080,253 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 692,050 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 550,804 Monthly Downloads
- Tidy Plates
- Artwork, Combat, Tank, and Unit Frames
- 466,118 Monthly Downloads