Quickly and easily remove unwanted buffs by using keybindings.
Rápidamente cancelar los beneficios no deseados mediante las asignaciones de teclas.
Since most buff addons can’t cancel buffs on right-click anymore due to Blizzard’s annoying restrictions, Cancel My Buffs lets you bind keys to cancel buffs without hunting or clicking. You simply choose (ahead of time) which buffs you want to cancel, add them to a group, and bind a key to the group. When you press that key, all of the buffs in the group are cancelled. Dismounting, leaving vehicles, leaving shapeshift forms, and removing weapon buffs are also supported.
For example, if you’re a tank, you may find it useful to bind a key to cancel Hand of Protection. I have a key just for cancelling Slow Fall effects.
/cmb" for options, or find them in the Interface Options window.
Key bindings are saved on a per-profile basis. Buffs and buff groups are saved globally, so you don't have to set them up all over again for every different character you play.
Cancel My Buffs is slightly less flexible than simply clicking off a buff, since you have to set up a fixed list ahead of time of the buffs you want to cancel, but once you've done that, it is faster than hunting through buff icons to click off Hand of Protection. Plus, it works no matter which buff addon you use!
Due to Blizzard restrictions, it is not possible to remove a buff only if certain conditions are met. For example, you cannot remove Aspect of the Cheetah only if you’re Dazed. When you press your chosen key, all of the buffs on your list will be removeed if you have them, and the list cannot be edited while in combat.
If there’s a buff you think should be included in CancelMyBuffs’ preset buff groups, post a comment on WoWInterface with the exact buff name and spell ID. Hint: It’s the number in the URL if you look the buff up on Wowhead.
For other ideas and suggestions, submit a suggestion ticket.
Please fill in as much of the information requested in the ticket template as you can, and remember to check back on your ticket in case I need more information from you to find or fix the problem.
Questions & Comments
Comments on Curse are closed. If you have question about Cancel My Buffs, or general feedback, feel free to post a comment on WoWInterface.
Compatible with English, Deutsch (deDE), Español (esES & esMX), Français (frFR), Italiano (itIT), Português (ptBR & ptPT), Русский (ruRU), 한국어 (koKR), 简体中文 (zhCN), and 繁體中文 (zhTW) game clients.
Translated into English, Español, 简体中文, and 繁體中文.
To add or update translations for any locale, enter them on the Cancel My Buffs localization page on CurseForge, and then send me a PM or leave a comment to let me know you’ve made changes. Thanks!
- Added Spanish translations
- Added the LibAboutPanel library to the TOC file so it actually gets loaded
- Added Traditional Chinese translations from okaydud on CurseForge
- Added Simplified Chinese translations from okaydud on CurseForge
- Updated for WoW 5.0.4
- Compatible with both 4.3 live realms and Mists of Pandaria beta realms.
Use the “Load out of date addons” checkbox on beta realms — the TOC won’t be updated until Patch 5.0 goes live.
- This version has been completely rewritten from the ground up, with a focus on configurability.
- You can now create as many bindings as you want, add your own buffs and buff groups in-game, and remove any bindings, buffs, or buff groups you don't want. You can configure whether a buff should always be included in a group, only included when you know the spell, or only included on some classes.
- Bindings are saved on a per-profile basis. Buffs and buff groups are saved on a global basis, so they are available to all profiles.
- Updated for WoW 4.2
- Updated for WoW 4.1
- Added the Divine Plea buff for paladins
- Removed the Deathbringer's Will and Shadowmourne buffs from Wrath of the Lich King items
- Getting closer to multiple buff canceling groups!
- Fixed weapon buff cancelling with addons that hide the buff frames later in the loading sequence
- Added the Snowman buff from the Winter Veil Disguise Kit item
- Added the three possible buffs from the Flask of Enhancement consumable
- Possibly fixed the problem with the keybinding not working right away on login
- Added Fel-Infused, from killing Twilight’s Hammer adherents in Durotar and Desolace
- Added Herbouflage, from the item Lifegiving Seed
- Added Seeds of Discord, from the quest item Ogre Disguise
- Added PX-238 Winter Wondervolt, from the Winter Veil device
- Added Using MiniZep Controller, from the 2010 Winter Veil toy
- Added Turkey Feathers, Control Piece, and Arcano-Scorp Control
- Moved Skeleton Costume to the right category
- Changed some stuff internally to prepare for multiple bind groups in the future
- Added simple class/race/faction awareness for some self-cast buffs to remove the need to manually enable/disable them for different characters
- Added Invisibility, Stealth, Vanish, Shadowmeld, Murloc Costume
- Improved keybinding functionality
- Added missing LibAboutPanel embedded library
- Added Steam Tonk Controller and Rabbit Costume
- Moved Furbolg Form to the Shapeshift category
- Moved Deathbringer's Will procs to their own category
- First public release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,578,120 Monthly Downloads
- 1,073,354 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 688,848 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 548,392 Monthly Downloads
- Tidy Plates
- Artwork, Combat, Tank, and Unit Frames
- 466,499 Monthly Downloads