Carbonite Maps is a google style map replacement for world of World of Warcraft.
Please visit Carbonite's official support forums for technical support, bug reports, comments, suggestions, etc.
Map - The Carbonite map gives you all the information you need in one easy to use and flexible Google like map. Move, size or zoom it the way you like.
Guide - Want to know where the nearest bank is? locate a mailbox? The entrance to the latest raid? Carbonite maps can pinpoint and show you the way.
Gather - Carbonite Maps has the ability to track and show your mining and herbalism nodes to allow fast and easy tracking of where they spawn. Includes the ability to import a special gathermate2 release which fully populates your list.
Where did the other parts of Carbonite go? Where is my Warehouse or Social Tracker?
One of the biggest complaints about Carbonite, both from a developer perspective and from a users has been that it was too large and tried to do too much. Now with this release, Carbonite itself is just the maps and nothing more. Each thing Carbonite did, can be picked and chosen as you wish by installing it separately. You can use as much or as little as you want.
- Carbonite Quests: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/carbonite-quests
- Carbonite Info: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/carbonite-info
- Carbonite Notes: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/carbonite-notes
- Carbonite Social: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/carbonite-social
- Carbonite Warehouse: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/carbonite-warehouse
- Carbonite Weekly: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/carbonite-weekly
The official Maps release for WoD
**** WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING ****
**** ALL OLD NOTES WILL BE DELETED UPON STARTUP AS INCOMPATABLE ****
**** UPDATE MARCH 7TH 2014: ALL NODES WILL BE DELETED ASWELL *****
**** WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING ****
5.4.2 Alpha 5
- Rewrote MapAddIcon, now accepts a name (must be unique) and Carbonite caches it, so you only need to make one call per login for each icon
MapAddIcon("unique name", area, x, y, "tooltip", "texture")
- New function MapRemoveIcon("unique name",area)
- New option under "Show" right click menu to show and hide these new Custom Icons on the map
5.4.2 Alpha 4
- Fixed bugs in AddCustom, will no longer replace all quest watch functions and tooltip button should always show
5.4.2 Alpha 3
- Function Nx.Quest.Watch:AddCustom changed
Now supports a button with tooltip and function
Nx.Quest.Watch:AddCustom(text tooltip, function)
5.4.2 Alpha 2
This update is mostly for adding further ways for other addons to work with Carbonite
- New Global Variable - IS_BACKGROUND_WORLD_CACHING
-- If this variable is set, Large quantity of rapid map swaps is occurring within Carbonite.
-- Highly suggested addons that do a lot of things inside WORLD_MAP_UPDATE check for this variable as it means the map updates that are coming in are not real ones.
-- Gets unset as soon as Carbonite is done with it's map swaps
- New Function - Nx.MapAddIcon(mapid, x, y, tooltip, texture)
-- Can also be used (mapid, x, y, tooltip, texture, tex x1, tex y1, tex x2, tex y2) if part of the texture only is needed
-- Adds a new point of interest to the carbonite map (both large and small views)
- New Button on Quest Watch Window
-- Third icon (arrow) swaps between carbonite view, and a custom view
- New Function - Nx.Quest.Watch:ClearCustom()
-- Clears the custom view of the watch window
- New Function - Nx.Quest.Watch:AddCustom(text)
-- Adds a new line of text to the custom view of the watch window
5.4.2 Alpha 1
- Gather System Revamp
- Carbonite.Nodes is now gone
- Supports importing nodes from GatherMate2_data, A special carbonite version of it will be up soon
- New options in Gather to allow you to select which nodes exactly you want displayed
- Added missing PTBR translations
- Fixed logic bug in quest map scan that occasionally resulted in multiple scans occuring
- Fixed playername issue in NxCom using suggested fix found in forums
5.4.0 Alpha 2
- Slider in quest watch options to configure how often the window refreshes
- more localization fixes
- Proving grounds timers / waves should work
- Show Mailboxes under "Show" right click menu on map replaced with Show Guide POI's, when enabled all guide poi's should display on the map by default.
5.4.0 Alpha 1 r1
- itIt, frFR esES and deDE should hopefully work
- Fixed quest tracker to not show blank line
5.4.0 Alpha 1
- Bug fixes for notes & tomtom
- Seige Maps & Timeless Isle
- Won't work still for non en-US clients, translation of timeless isle needed
- Known bug, empty quest button appearing in quest log.. didn't have time to find out why yet.
5.3.0 Alpha 2
- Notes system revamp finished
-- new icons available
-- updated notes to work with new zone layout
-- Notes system now supports plugins, sample provided... easy as pie to use
-- Nx.Notes:AddonNote("Folder name","Note description",icon number,area id,position x,position y)
-- Note Plugins do not affect your personal notes and can be enabled or disabled at will.
- Fixed bug with map icons & player location jumping around
- Made it so all map icons no longer display if carb thinks your in an instance to stop map icons from covering the instance map.
- /way now supports target descriptions / names. ie /way 4 4 I wanna go here.
- bug fixes, bug fixes and more bug fixes
- Uldum questing is back
- another try at npcscan overlay module
- Fixed dark heart of pandaria scenario
- Fixed quest log malfunctioning out after 20 quests
- Fixed party / raid members not displayed after first level of a dungeon
- Fixed tomtom emulation loading to late for other addons
- Fixed carbonite resetting map shape on other addons
5.3.0 Alpha 1
- Tested to work with 5.3 scenarios/BG
- Warehouse tooltips updated, will now show when you click an item in chat
- Warehouse now tracks justice/valor
- New Module! Carbonite.Weekly tracks your alts progression on weekly objectives... more to be added later, idea's of what should be added always welcome
- New Loading routines, Carbonite no longer quietly during loading screen, but after when game is loaded. This causes a small delay once your ingame as everything initalizes, but stops FPS drops if you login during combat. Will wait until you exit combat to load aswell.
- New option under maps, compatability mode. If your using an alternate UI and are experiencing protected function errors, enable this.
- New NPCScan overlay module in extra to handle the new way carbonite loads.
- I'm sure there is other things i'm forgetting... I really should track what I add better :P
5.2.1 Alpha 10 rev 1
- Fixed flightmaster bug
- Added new indoor detection to try and eliminate more of the black circle problems... still not perfect, but better.
- First guide update (alchemy trainers) thanks to forum user JimJoBlue
5.2.1 Alpha 10
- Several bug fix and map fixes
- Guide is back, entire new database layout and file organization
5.2.1 Alpha 9r2
- Several small rewrites and fixes to try and correct lag and memory usage in Nx.Quests
5.2.1 Alpha 9r1
- single bugfix, nothing new, didn't warrant alpha 10
5.2.1 Alpha 9
- Fixed Daily/Holiday quest DB, was missing some quests
- Fixed 2 reported LUA errors
- Fixed blizztracking using your last objective as the Quest "End"
- Added a whole buncha combat checks, hopefully no more errors / incompatabilities with UI replacements
5.2.1 Alpha 8
- New quest database layout, practically english!
- Quests split into level ranges, load what you want or don't want from quest config
- Flight masters database layout, so if you see flightmasters in the wrong spot report em and i can fix easy
- New blizz quest data routines, for unknown quests is 1000x more reliable then the old and works in every zone instead of the old way which randomly worked for your current zone.
- Quest watchlist updates more frequently now and on achievement changes
- Entire zone layout tables redone, no longer limited to 223!
- Dungeon entrances are now stored plain English, report ones that are wrong and it's easy to fix now
- Several bug fixes from the previous alpha
Changes 5.2.1 Alpha 7
- fixed isle of thunder progression scenario
Changes: 5.2.1 Alpha 6
- fixed warehouse tooltip error
- fixed new version detected error
- fixed quest status not going to chat if enabled
- quest status group sharing now works cross realm (1-85 only until I get new quests added)
Changes 5.2.1 Alpha 5
- fixed gopt error on map open
- fixed thunder cache zone
- fixed quests refusing to show on thunder isle
- fixed RUru locale
- added unlock progress to thunder isle full map
- hopefully fixed random warehouse tooltip bug
Changes 5.2.1 Alpha 4
- Updated localization file for new zones
- Fixed PTBR error
- Fixed 2 arrows on worldmap
- tracking hud arrow offset can now go from -100 to 100 instead of 0 to 100
Changes 5.2.1 Alpha 3
- Fixed giant map icons in dalaran & ironforge, these are requiring manual overrides of icon scale so other zones might exhibit the same until people report them.
- Fixed .toc to not look for old carbonite files
- Fixed pals causing errors
- Fixed punks in BG's causing errors
- Fixed options error if you didn't have carbonite1 settings
- Fixed memory usage issues in NxQuest and NxSocial
Changes 5.2.1 Alpha 2
- Added new config options for quest/watch fonts
- Repaired some options that displayed wrong
- Added the ability to import 5.1.x warehouse/favorites/nodes
- Fixed carbonite.nodes saying it's not loaded
- Added 5.2 content so carbonite works on PTR
- Added a fixed NPCscan Overlay module for carbonite in Extra folder (not only works, but hides in microdungeons)
- Fixed minimap not docking in battlegrounds
- Fixed carbonite not loading if you don't have ace3 installed seperately
- First public release of very heavily modified code
- Everything is modular now
- Warehouse tooltips look better
- Options are completly redesigned
- Several parts of the code rewritten to use Ace libraries instead of it's own personal libraries... why continue re-inventing the wheel to do things like event timers
- I'm sure there's lots more changes i'm not even thinking of yet
- Fixed error generated when new version detected
- Quests can now show on thunder isle
- Fixed thunder king cache scenario error
- Carbonite full sized map now shows thunder isle progression bar
- Fixed RUru localization
- Added Thunderking zones
- Removed second player icon on world map
- Fixed PTBR localization
- Fixed Scarlet Monastery Microdungeon triggering Scarlet Monastery Instance map actions
- Fixed position display inside microdungeons
- Fixed missing objectives in kasarang wilds
- Fixed imported carbonite nodes going to wrong zones (highly suggest resetting your herbs/ore and importing again if you previously imported with 5.1.0 or 5.1.1)
- Attempted fix on wandering isle vanishing when zoomed, lemme know if it seems to work (does for me).
- Fixed map icons not showing (who would of thought something small like ID instead of Id would break everything)
- Krasarang Wilds is now a dynamic map changing depending on if your doing 5.0 content or 5.1
- Deeprun Tram zone has been added
- Darkmoon Faire renamed to Darkmoon Island so it shows the name instead of '?'
- Microdungeons are now supported and show on the map properly
- Instances & Scenarios are now dynamic maps created when you zone into one instead of being held in
memory all the time
- First round of Pandaria Gathering Nodes added
- Update Available Message now says what version it thinks is available.
Updated coms to use INSTANCE_CHAT when needed
Updated Krasrarang wilds map
New scenario maps added
5.1 errors fixed
Terrace raid added
Fixed taints from Archeology + Quest Blobs
Fixed quest blobs staying on map even after complete / untrack
Included updated graphics file so pandaria minimap icons display right with glow enabled
Added Silvershard Mines, Kotmogu Temple added
Checked All maps are verified to be displaying / loading
Added If tomtom emulation is enabled, now accepts /way so macro's written for tomtom will work
Added instance maps now zoom into themselves
Added quest blobs are now on the full map instead of minimap
- enable/disable them under "Show" right click menu
- set the transparency under transparency right click menu
Added archaeology blobs are now on the map
- use them the same way as quest ones
Bugfix wandering isle map should be working properly now
Fixed errors in darkmoon & shrines
First release using the GPL code
New options: Quest Watch -> Hide Blizzard, Track Achivements, Track Scenario's, Track Challenge Timers
Quest -> Sync Carbonite Current Watched Quest & Blizzard Quest Watch
Quest Watch/Track should be able to find/track a couple more quests then the old versions
First official release by Rythal
Node Glow is disabled, originally it's disabled because without the artwork, new points like pet tracking
were not displayed.
Pandaria Maps are ingame.
Fixed group questing so it shares
Quest tracker now displays challenge mode timers and scenario objectives
blizzard quest blobs are available for current tracked quest if you turn on Quest POI's in the tracking
Some Scenario / Dungeon maps are added
Added map handling of new starting zones.
Increased max quest level to 90.
Fixed Dun Morogh and Twilight Highlands map overlays.
Fixed GetNumRaidMembers/GetNumPartyMembers error.
Fixed GetPOITextureCoords error.
Fixed RangedSlot removal.
Fixed getting quests from server error.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 4,066,495 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,151,601 Monthly Downloads
- 1,494,198 Monthly Downloads
- Garrison Mission Manager
- Data Broker, FuBar, Plugins, Titan Panel, and Garrison
- 1,054,082 Monthly Downloads
- 974,221 Monthly Downloads