- 12 Likes
Special note: delete your old CensusPlus folder before installing the new.. new files and filename changes. read changes for all the changes with this version.
Special note: 2-Sept-2014 Preview images showing new addon UI element changes
Special note: 15-Aug-2014 In preparation for World of Warcraft v6.0 and Warlords of Draenor a major effort has been made to fix localization issues. If you are comfortable translating from English to other Blizzard supported languages please go to http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/census-plus/localization/ and add translations and/or review other translations. Thank you for your help in this endeavor.
You can always find the latest information on the Census mod at:
CensusPlus came about due to requested changes and desired options not present in the original Census UI Mod by Ian Pieragostini.
I spoke with Ian (the original creator of the Census UI mod) and he has lost interest in World of Warcraft modding and encouraged me to modify the Census Mod to my liking. Thus I have done so.
The original Census UI Mod basically took snapshots of your current realm and faction. You could keep this data and combine it with other snapshots to provide greater statistical analysis.
CensusPlus offers many features above and beyond what the original Census UI mod provided. Here follows a list of added features:
- Abilty to minimize the main census window which provides you the abilty to actually play while a census is being taken
- Ability to pause and unpause the current census
- Ability to stop the current census in progress
- GameTime timestamp added when characters are viewed which will be used by http://www.warcraftrealms.com if your data is uploaded
Census information is saved in the Savedvariables folder as CensusPlus.lua this is the file that is uploaded to WarcraftRealms
Installation: Unzip the files into your %World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns directory. It should create a CensusPlus directory with the installed files.
Usage: see changes tab for updated usage... chat window command line options demoted to immediate and temporary. Use the Options frame for all your needs.
/CensusPlus or /Census+ or /Census and following command as shown below:
- /CensusPlus verbose _ Toggles verbose mode off/on
- /CensusPlus options _ Brings up the Option window
- /CensusPlus take _ Start a Census snapshot
- /CensusPlus stop _ Stop a Census snapshot
- /CensusPlus prune X _ Prune the database by removing characters not seen in X days on current realm - X defaults to 30 days
- /CensusPlus serverprune X _ Prune the database by removing all data from servers other than the one you are currently on - X defaults to 0 days.
- /CensusPlus who name _ Will display info that matches names or guilds.
- /CensusPlus who unguilded 70 _ Will list unguilded characters of that level.
- /CensusPlus timer X _ Will set the autocensus timer (in minutes).
- /CensusPlus me _ Does Census update of player only.. this is done automatically when /CensusPlus take finishes.
You can also invoke the CensusPlus window by clicking on the CensusPlus Button that default to the mini-map but can be moved anywhere. Clicking the right (alternate) button on the mouse will show a drop down option window.
By selecting the Take button from the main census panel, you will initiate a Census snapshot. Depending on the population of your realm and faction, this could take several minutes.
Clicking the Purge button will purge all your collected data from your local Census database.
Clicking the Stop button will stop the current census if one is in progress.
Clicking the Pause button will pause the current census if one is in progress.
Once you have census data locally you can click on Race, Class, or Level icons or bars to bring up more detail on your current realms population.
If you so choose, you can upload your collected census information to http://www.warcraftrealms.com Doing so will greatly help in the tracking of your realm and faction's population numbers and statistics. You can create your own login at http://www.warcraftrealms.com to keep track of your upload activity, or upload anonymously.
If you have any requests, comments, or suggestions, please post in the forums at http://www.warcraftrealms.com
6.2.0.c - 11/1/2014
- re-identified new Oceanic realm server ID's .. local database no longer purged when moving from US to Oceanic realms
- fixed tooltip for STOP button
- no new translations ready for deployment... we still need help with translations.
6.2.0.b - 10/27/2014 - tested on 6.0.3 beta as functional
- Localization variables modified to work with Localization tool at Curseforge.
- LibWho updated to current release and implementation fixed
- Translators have worked on the following frFR, deDE, ptBR, ruRU
- minimal to no support for esES, esMX, koKR, zhCN, and zhTW until people step up to do translations and reviews.
=== reminder www.warcraftrealms.com can only accept data in UTF-8 character set.
=== this means Russian, Korean, Chinese & Taiwan data can not be accepted at this time.
6.2.0.A - 10/22/2014 - French Localization updated.
6.2.0 - 10/20/2014
CensusPlus zip now contains two addon directories that need to be copied into your /Interface/addons folder
Be sure to delete first any pre-existing folder and files as new and renamed files are being used.
[CensusPlus] is the main folder for CensusPlus
[ImprovedOptionsFrame] is an optional but highly recommended as it allows you to resize and move the Blizzard Options panel.
Unzip the files into your %World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns directory.
- valid for players using Blizzard's US, EU and TW data centers...
Korea and China realms are not currently identified well enough to allow CensusPlus to run.
- addon graphics completely overhauled.. now allows variable transparency of the addon panels in game.
- addon options integrated into standard Blizzard options panel.. with major changes in options
- mouseover tool tips for every option
- you can now set account wide settings for the addon
- you can now set character by character overrides from the account wide settings
- chat window command line settings have been demoted to immediate and very temporary option changes that go away on logout or modification via options panel.
- if you get confused by all the option variations there is a check box at the bottom of the options panel to turn on VERY chatty display of what options are currently valid.
- three levels of information display normal, verbose and a new stealth mode that suppresses nearly every chat window display
- census button animation - gives quick glance status of active census snapshots.
- improved auto-start and delayed-auto census control - 2 part control enable the check box THEN set your time delay,
auto-start activated when time setting is between 5-15 minutes
delayed-start for time setting between 16-29 minutes
- option of 4 different end of census audio notices. none, sound 1, sound 2, sound 3 - 2 part control enable the check box THEN select your sound file number.
- single default sound file is provided for all 3 slots, user can create their own unique sound snippets.
Note: blizzard allows playing of .mp3 and .ogg sound file types.
I recommend the free audio program Audacity available at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
(remember to obey any copyright rules of your country if using and sharing snippets from copyrighted works)
- Localization... all (I hope) text strings are now modifiable via Localization files.
Note: due to the major change in Localization most older translations are invalid.
Help has been and continues to be requested in supplying translations via curse.com's addon author support site curseforge.com
If you can help translate or verify(review) translations please go to http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/census-plus/localization/
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 4,270,627 Monthly Downloads
- 2,379,753 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,295,878 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,074,276 Monthly Downloads
- Garrison Mission Manager
- 895,032 Monthly Downloads