Class Colors lets you change class colors without breaking parts of the Blizzard UI.
It is supported by many popular addons, and also applies your custom colors to all parts of the Blizzard UI that are normally class-colored. If you want to colorize more parts of the Blizzard UI, check out yClassColors by yleaf.
Type “/classcolors” for options, or open the Class Colors panel in the Interface Options window.
If you encounter of problem with Class Colors, submit a bug report. Please fill in as much of the ticket submission form as you can, and remember to check on your ticket after a few days, as I may need more information from you in order to identify or fix the problem.
Post a comment on WoWInterface. Please note that Class Colors is limited in scope to changing class colors. Requests to change other types of colors will not be considered.
Compatible with English, Deutsch , Español, Français, Português, Русский, 한국어, 简体中文, and 繁體中文 game clients.
How to make your addon support Class Colors
Basically, any time your addon would read a value from the
`RAID_CLASS_COLORS table, just look for a
CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS table and read from it instead.
If your addon uses a local upvalue for
RAID_CLASS_COLORS, or builds a local cache table of class colors, you should update your upvalue or cache in response to the
PLAYER_LOGIN event, and register for a callback to be notified when the user changes a class color.
Please do not check for the !ClassColors addon by name — eg. with
IsAddOnLoaded — or set !ClassColors as a dependency for your addon.
See see the CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS documentation for more details!
- Updated for WoW 5.2
- Updated for WoW 5.1
- Updated for WoW 5.0.4
- Added better compatibility with other implementations of CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS
- Raid and party member blips on the world map will now be recolored using your custom colors.
- Due to Blizzard restrictions, it is not possible to recolor blips on the minimap.
- Added Português (ptBR) localization.
- Updated for WoW 4.2
- Updated for WoW 4.1
- Removed the IterateClasses metamethod since nobody uses it
- Changed the GetColoredName override to more closely emulate the original Blizzard function, as requested by Funkydude on WowAce
- Fixed LFR browser and who list coloring
- Fixed raid panel coloring
- Someday I will remember to turn off debugging before posting a release...
- Updated Blizzard UI coloring for WoW 4.0
- Removed a function that no longer exists in WoW 4.0
- Guild panel coloring hasn't been updated yet
- Player names in the raid panel will now always be colored correctly
- Added additional checks to prevent GetPlayerInfoByGUID usage errors
- Added coloring of class names in the channel pane of the chat config window
- Added coloring of names in the LookingForRaid interface
- Fixed drycode errors
- Updated for WoW 3.3
- Removed coloring for parts of the UI that aren't normally colored. This functionality may or may not reappear in a separate addon at a later date.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,586,655 Monthly Downloads
- 1,080,253 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 692,050 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 550,804 Monthly Downloads
- Tidy Plates
- Artwork, Combat, Tank, and Unit Frames
- 466,118 Monthly Downloads