CrappyChatFix is a quick workaround to restore arrow key functionality in chat edit boxes.
Recently in patch 5.4, Blizzard modified the way edit boxes function in chat windows which removed a longstanding feature that addons took advantage of to allow users to press UP or DOWN to scroll through chat history without needing to hold ALT. CrappyChatFix is a proof of concept to show how the old behavior can be recreated.
- Scroll through chat history by using UP or DOWN without holding ALT
- Your chat history persists through game sessions
- Have to re-log really quickly? No problem! Everything you typed will still be there
- History is saved separately for every [default] chat window, per character
- Slash command support to clear everything you typed - /ccfclear
Blizzard may restore this functionality in an upcoming patch rendering this addon even less useful! With that said, CrappyChatFix is still in beta. The code was just spit-balled to show addon developers how a workaround could be added to their projects.
If you find any issues, please open a ticket or contact me in game on BNET @ Karnmak#1760.
Thanks, and hope you enjoy this awesome product brought to you from DRAENOR!
- Corrected issue with addon not loading due to improper folder name.
- Moved the loading message from ChatFrame4 to the default chat frame.
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,084,489 Monthly Downloads
- 539,400 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 355,749 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 329,865 Monthly Downloads
- 320,526 Monthly Downloads