Thats right guys, we're back! After a three year hiatus, I've fixed the addon so it'll work with WoW 6.1 and DBM 6. I'm now tracking this project at https:github.com/tcprescott/DBM-VictorySound. Please submit any issue tickets there as well
Plays a victory or defeat song when exiting combat with a boss recognized by Deadly Boss Mods. It will also play a song when entering combat which will loop until a victory or defeat song is played. This song can also be ended by typing "/killvs" into your chatbox.
This is 100% configurable ingame. Simply open the DBM GUI (via /dbm, etc) and goto the options tab. Click on "Victory Sound" and configure it to your liking. If you wish to add your own songs, just drag the .wav, .mp3, or .ogg file to the "sounds" folder and type the name of the file in the provided edit box. Please note that you must completely exit and re-enter World of Warcraft before you can play the sound file.
Victory and Defeat music is really soft. I'll probably run these thru Audacity and up the volume on the clips for the next release.
Plans for the future:
Add ability to add entries to the dropdown menu automatically. Add ability to pick sounds to play at random from pre-determined lists. Update this addon so it doesn't eat gobs of memory.
- 1.1 - Added the a GUI configuration within DBM's configuration panel. Just type /dbm and click Options -> Victory Sound. Also a few bug fixes and tweaks.
- 1.2 - Added more GUI config! Added a bunch of new victory and defeat songs to choose from and a handy dandy dropdown menu for choosing them. Fixed a bug with file names going lowercase, etc.
- 1.2.1 - Simple TOC update for 3.1, no other known compatability issues.
- 1.2.1 - Updated TOC to 3.2, I guess. Same thing as before because it worked just as well.
- 1.5 - New feature! You can now specify a sound to play when starting a fight! If you encounter any issues, feel free to post a comment and I'll look at it.
- 1.6 - Sound is now played using PlayMusic() function. In order to hear music you must have music enabled in your sound options. The volume of the sound is dictated in your sound options. Also added a bunch of new music and sounds.
- 1.7 - Long overdue TOC update, a few tweaks, and something special for April Fool's day :)
- 1.7.1 - Another TOC update, made play music off by default
- 1.8 - Yay Blizzard for fixing PlayMusic()! So to celebrate I added a new feature. VS will now, if you choose to, automatically enable and disable game music when needed. This will allow you to have your combat music play, but not the zone music. As always, it is brand new and has only recieved about 2 hours of testing, so if it breaks just let me know in the comments.
- 1.8.2 - Some bug fixes and tweaks. There is now an option to have the victory and defeat sounds play on the "master" channel. This means they will still play even if "Sound Effects" are turned off. This is turned on by default. (Thanks Blizz!)
- 1.9 - Music will no longer randomly restart mid-combat (hopefully)
- 1.10.00b - Beta Version - Some behind the scenes changes to how the names of sound files are stored. Not all functionality I want implemented is done yet, so I've (for now) are releasing what I have as a work in progress for version.
- 2.0 - Fixed the addon to work with WoW 6.0/6.1 and DBM 6.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 1,647,838 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 1,295,983 Monthly Downloads
- 808,420 Monthly Downloads
- WeakAuras 2
- Boss Encounters, Class, Combat, and Buffs & Debuffs
- 715,416 Monthly Downloads
- 693,470 Monthly Downloads