Plays a victory or defeat song when exiting combat with a boss recognized by Deadly Boss Mods. It will also play a song when entering combat which will loop until a victory or defeat song is played. This song can also be ended by typing "/script StopMusic()" into your chatbox.
This is 100% configurable ingame. Simply open the DBM GUI (via /dbm, etc) and goto the options tab. Click on "Victory Sound" and configure it to your liking. If you wish to add your own songs, just drag the .wav or .mp3 file to the "sounds" folder and type the name of the file in the provided edit box. Please note that you must completely exit and re-enter World of Warcraft before you can play the sound file.
Although the TOC version number is out of date, this mod works fine with 4.2.
Victory and Defeat music is really soft, due to a change in the Blizzard API with PlaySoundFile. I'll probably run these thru Audacity and up the volume on the clips for the next release. The boss fight music will randomly restart. I've been trying to fix this for a while without success. There are still some reports of the boss fight music randomly quitting. I'm unable to confirm these reports, however.
Update on PlayMusic() getting pushed off
It appears that in 4.0.3 Blizzard finally fixed PlayMusic() so it is not pushed off, or play alongside the zone music. As always, its a good idea to keep your number of sound channels to "High" if your system can support it. PlaySoundFile, which is what the victory/defeat music relies on, STILL uses the Sound volume, not Master volume. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later patch.
Version 1.8 Feature
Version 1.8 has a feature that will automatically enable and disable the game music as needed. This feature can be disabled, however it is on by default. This simply "remembers" your music settings when going into raid combat, and enables game music so the combat music will play correctly. Once combat is finished the game music will be returned to its previous setting. Reloading the UI or relogging while in combat may break this, leaving your game music on, as it had no opportunity to shut it off. There may be other unknown situations that may cause the music settings to not be restored correctly. If you do not want DBM-VictorySound to mess with your sound settings, simply disable the feature.
Plans for the future:
Add ability to add entries to the dropdown menu automatically. Add ability to play specific sounds for specific boss encounters. Add ability to pick sounds to play at random from pre-determined lists. Update this addon so it doesn't eat gobs of memory.
- 1.1 - Added the a GUI configuration within DBM's configuration panel. Just type /dbm and click Options -> Victory Sound. Also a few bug fixes and tweaks.
- 1.2 - Added more GUI config! Added a bunch of new victory and defeat songs to choose from and a handy dandy dropdown menu for choosing them. Fixed a bug with file names going lowercase, etc.
- 1.2.1 - Simple TOC update for 3.1, no other known compatability issues.
- 1.2.1 - Updated TOC to 3.2, I guess. Same thing as before because it worked just as well.
- 1.5 - New feature! You can now specify a sound to play when starting a fight! If you encounter any issues, feel free to post a comment and I'll look at it.
- 1.6 - Sound is now played using PlayMusic() function. In order to hear music you must have music enabled in your sound options. The volume of the sound is dictated in your sound options. Also added a bunch of new music and sounds.
- 1.7 - Long overdue TOC update, a few tweaks, and something special for April Fool's day :)
- 1.7.1 - Another TOC update, made play music off by default
- 1.8 - Yay Blizzard for fixing PlayMusic()! So to celebrate I added a new feature. VS will now, if you choose to, automatically enable and disable game music when needed. This will allow you to have your combat music play, but not the zone music. As always, it is brand new and has only recieved about 2 hours of testing, so if it breaks just let me know in the comments.
- 1.8.2 - Some bug fixes and tweaks. There is now an option to have the victory and defeat sounds play on the "master" channel. This means they will still play even if "Sound Effects" are turned off. This is turned on by default. (Thanks Blizz!)
- 1.9 - Music will no longer randomly restart mid-combat (hopefully)
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,482,712 Monthly Downloads
- 1,378,987 Monthly Downloads
- 545,343 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 470,681 Monthly Downloads
- 442,184 Monthly Downloads