This addon filters out the debuffs and buffs that you don't care about, and places them anywhere on screen. If you're a melee class, you can filter out everything but CoR, FF and Sunder. If you're a caster, you can just show debuffs like CoE and Winter's Chill. Healers can filter out everything but their buffs and HoTs, etc.
This addon can also display cooldowns. It can show all listed cooldowns, or it can show spells and items that are not on cooldown and that are available for use. You can also make these cooldown buttons clickable. In other words, you can create more toolbars.
Besides filtering your current target, you can filter buffs/debuffs on yourself, and buffs/debuffs on the Focus target. Buffs/debuffs are grouped into frames. You can duplicate frames, so you can have more than 1 frame for your target. You can also create frames for other valid targets, like pet, raid1, targettarget, etc.
To configure the mod once it's installed, type /dfilter -- you should see a simple UI. To add a filter, select "Frame Buffs" on the left hand side, then select your target from the dropdown menu (Target, Player, Focus), then select the Buff or Debuff tab, then type in the name of your buff/debuff and press enter. You won't see the list of buffs/debuffs unless you enlarge the window, which you can do by dragging the bottom right corner.
If you're not sure how to set the Focus target, you can either type /focus <target> or go into keybindings and bind keys to "Focus Target" and "Target Focus" under Targeting Functions.
Note: make sure "Show Frame" is checked for your target type, or you won't see anything get filtered.
To move the frames, select "General Settings" on the left hand side, then check "Show Backdrop", and then shift-click and drag one of the backdrops.
If you'd like to change the orientation of any frame, select "Frame Layout" on the left hand side, then select the direction under the dropdown Grow menu, and then configure how many buffs or debuffs you'd like to see per row. The layout settings are as follows:
Right-Down, Right-Up: grows to the right, new rows start below or above the first row.
Left-Down, Left-Up: grows to the left, new rows start below or above the first row.
If the "rows" setting is set to 1, you'll have vertical orientation.
To change the orientation of the buff duration time, ctrl-right click the frame you'd like to configure.
Settings are stored on a per-character/server basis, so it should work fine if you have alts.
- Updated TOC
- Fixed dual spec lua changes
- Updated TOC
Much thanks to porkbone for letting me maintain this!
- applied fix for 5.0 update (thanks alpair!)
- updated TOC
Note: I am no longer actively updating Debuff FIlter. If someone would like to continue to maintain it, please contact me on Curse.
- works properly with latest alpha version of masque (previously ButtonFacade) -- in version 3.30, it wouldn't work unless both ButtonFacade and Masque were installed and enabled (I think)
- can right-click cancel buffs
- can have timers as 1m rather than 1:00
- can control space between icons
- each frame has own 'hide in combat' option
- can change addon's transparency
- can select option to display most enrage buffs
- can remove color border on debuffs
- Updated .toc file so that Debuff Filter won't appear out of date for patch 4.1
- Fixed bug where sometimes profiles stopped switching when changing talents.
- Can show ghost timers now. When a (de)buff/cooldown finishes, the icon becomes faded for three seconds.
- Can disable the flash overlay that occurs on cooldowns now.
- Can show abbreviated names beside (de)buffs/cooldowns now.
- Can replace a (de)buff's icon with the icon of an item that exists in your bags. If that item is removed, the (de)buff's new look remains.
- Certain cooldowns, that are about to start but haven't yet, like a priests inner focus won't blink link crazy anymore.
- Could not fix bug where sometimes profiles aren't switched when changing talents. Please do manually instead.
- Fixed bug where you cannot create a new profile, if ButtonFacade is installed.
- Fixed bug where addon would not work and you get error message "LibDualSpec-1.0 requires LibStub". If another addon already loaded LibStub this error would not occur.
- Fixed bug where you change talent specs and you get error message "buttonfacadeGroup is nil". This would occur if addon ButtonFacade was not installed.
- Fixed bug where addon would not show anything if it was installed on a computer with no setup file (setup file is DebuffFilter.lua in WTF folder)
- Included missing library. If another addon has this library addon would work fine.
- Hopefully fixed bug where addon would not show buffs/debuffs on game versions that were not english.
- Can select to show debuffs/buffs only on friends or only on enemies
- Can create frames that show your cooldowns -- show all listed cooldowns, spells and items that are not on cooldown and that are available for use, or show cooldowns a certain number of seconds before they expire
- Can create frames with spells and items that you can cast by clicking -- this means you can create more toolbars
- Added profiles, which can automatically switch when you change talent specs
- Can enable or disable addon in game
- Can select threshold when buff/debuffs/cooldowns display time in fractions of a second
- Fixed bug where stealable buffs were not showing
- Fixed interface bug where the DEL tooltip still showed even when interface was closed. It would even delete if you clicked on it, so you may accidentally delete all your (de)buffs.
- Added option to remove black box that surround timers
- Fixed bug that displayed red border around every debuff, will now display the correct color for the debuff
- Can now filter (de)buffs according to their duration, or show them only when they have a certain number of seconds left
- Black background is shown behind each time, making it easier to read
- Implemented my own sorting algorithm, since the previous one greatly decreased FPS
- Will now display (de)buffs correctly on targettarget when its not a raid member
- Can adjust how quickly tenths of a second are shown (for example, every 0.3 seconds), below 5 seconds, or not show tenths of a second at all
- Can add the debuffs to the buffs frame -- and add the buffs to the debuffs frame
- Hopefully reduced CPU usage time
- Can duplicate frames, so you can have more than 1 frame for your target
- Can copy (de)buffs from other frames
- Can show certain groups of (de)buffs: mine, nonraider, magic, poison, disease, curse, stealable
- Can sort (de)buffs alphabetically or by time left
- Can reverse display of cooldown
- Can display both cooldown and time
- Can lock frames and show tooltips at same time (click-thru won't occur unless show tooltips is disabled)
- Can scale each frame independently, or scale all the frames like before
- Added frames for targettarget
- Ability to add frames for any type of target, like pet, targettargettarget, boss1, raid4...
- New dialog to configure options
- Any frame can show all buffs or debuffs
- ButtonFacade support
- Updated for Cataclysm
Will now display debuffs/buff on PTR.
There were limits on the number of debuffs/buffs that were
scanned. So sometimes the target/player/focus had a
debuff/buff that was not shown.
Added frFR (Nya) and koKR (metalchoir) localization.
Fixed a bug that occurred when no localized version was found.
Hopefully fixed the self-applied/duration bug!
Included a deDE localization, provided by Juido
Updated for 3.1.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Debuff Filter 188.8.131.52||Release||5.4.0||51,996||09/13/2013|
|Debuff Filter 184.108.40.206||Release||5.3.0||9,148||09/09/2013|
|Debuff Filter 1.98||Release||3.3.5||7,621||09/19/2010|