I've made this work with MoP, and have a few builds supported with new EJ rotations (well, to the extent that EJ has actual rotations yet). These are very preliminary as yet.
Install this mod; when a suggestion frame shows up in the middle of your screen (when you are out of combat) move it to where you want it. When the frame shows you a picture, cast the spell that picture represents. If nothing ever shows up, your current class/build is not supported.
That's all you have to know. Have fun, I hope you like it.
This addon will display the recommended spell for you to cast (in or out of combat). It keeps track of what buffs/debuffs you have up, what your cooldowns are, and what your energy/rage/mana/runic power is, and tells you the best option. Out of combat, it will remind you to put up buffs (usually before they entirely expire). It is aimed at Level 85 toons, so recommendations below L85 will likely be suboptimal. In particular, at very low levels it will frequently not recommend anything at all; below level 10 it is guaranteed to do nothing.
You can resize the suggestion frame from the configuration panel (reached via the /dfd command). You can also lock the panel so it cannot be moved (it auto-locks in combat irrespective of this lock). You can set it to display dummy suggestions when it's unlocked, so you can see where it is to move it around and scale it.
There is a minimal assistance mode which only impacts Hunters at present; it does not give suggestions for standard rotation spells, just for unusual things. This will likely be expanded to other classes in the future.
This mod only handles single-target DPS
My To-Do List
- Take threat into account and recommend threat-reduction measures when appropriate
Power (energy/mana/rage) regeneration recommendations start a timer displayed over the recommendation. When the recommendation changes, this timer remains until it counts down to 0.
The Rotations Implemented
These rotations actually have a lot of thought behind them, just not by me. Note that I did have to add things to all these rotations, as they don't take some important real-world needs into account (eg., when should a hunter cast Mend Pet during a fight? Even though it's not in the rotation, clearly letting your pet die isn't going to be the right call to up your DPS).
If you want changes to the rotation, please be prepared to explain why the source is wrong (or just point out that I'm deviating from it).
Note that some tanking builds are included (Blood Death Knights, a pretty poor Bear Druid, and an out of date Protection Warrior); these are provided as a convenience. The truth is that there are many enhancements that could be made to make this a far more useful tanking add-on, but they are going to have to wait for quite a while to get implemented. For now the add-on offers reasonable suggestions, assuming a largely straight-forward tank-and-spank fight, and is very useful (at least to me) in showing when the GCD is up. But there is no way you are going to successfully tank squat just following it's instructions; this is different from DPS'ing, where following the instructions will tend to give you close to optimal results.
- Blood: in the future, will be http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130560-blood_tanking_actively_mitigating_since_before_cool/#Gameplay__amp__Priority
- Frost: in the future, will be http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130617-frost_dps_5_0_4_cold_hand_death/#Single_Target
- Unholy: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130584-unholy_dps_welcome_jungle_5_0_4_a/#Single_Target_Priority
- Kitties: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t127445-feral_cat_cataclysm_4_3_dragon_soul/#Rotation
- Bears: cataclysm rotation
- Balance: cataclysm rotation
- Beastmaster: cataclysm rotation
- Marksman: cataclysm rotation
- Survival: cataclysm rotation
- Arcane: cataclysm rotation
- Fire: Out of date (WotLK rotation)
- Frost: cataclysm rotation
- Retribution: cataclysm rotation
- Shadow: cataclysm rotation
- Assassination: cataclysm rotation
- Combat: cataclysm rotation
- Subtlety: cataclysm rotation
- Elemental: cataclysm rotation
- Enhancement: cataclysm rotation
- Affliction: cataclysm rotation
- Demonology: cataclysm rotation
- Destruction: cataclysm rotation
- Fury: Out of date (WotLK rotation)
- Protection: Out of date (WotLK rotation)
First very rough cut at a few specs for MoP. DKs, Kitty Druids, and Windwalker Monks have potentially usable rotations. Everything else is leftover from Cataclysm.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 4,734,801 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,329,128 Monthly Downloads
- 1,702,709 Monthly Downloads
- Garrison Mission Manager
- Data Broker, FuBar, Plugins, Titan Panel, and Garrison
- 914,901 Monthly Downloads
- 895,672 Monthly Downloads