This addon is designed to maximize the player's productivity or multitasking ability. When activated, the addon will monitor any or all the following in-game events depending on your configuration:
- Ready check
- LFG queue
- Battleground/Arena queue
- Group invite
- Summon request
- Blizzard GM contacts
- Resurrection requests
- Role checks, both for raids and when somebody attempts to queue for a dungeon (separate options).
- Wintergrasp/Tol Barad invite
When these events are fired in game, the addon will temporarily enable all sound options and play a raid warning sound, so you don't miss out even when the game is minimized.
The addon can be activated and customized using the minimap button:
- Left-click icon to toggle on/off.
- Shift+Left-click to move the icon around the map border.
- Right-click to open context menu.
- Left-click an option in the context menu to enable or disable it.
By default, the addon will mute all sounds in game when activated, and will automatically deactivate after the first event is detected. The addon can be configured via a number of options to not disable after detecting an event, to not mute sound while it's active, or to enable itself automatically. A slash command interface (/en) is also available for users who wish to program the functionality of this addon into their own macros.
If you find that using this addon has saved you lots of precious time, please do not hesitate to demonstrate your appreciation by making a small donation, giving me encouragement to further contribute to the WoW community. After all, "Time is money, friend!"
This is my first addon project. Please feel free to try the addon. Feedback is always welcome, especially if you'd like to suggest more use cases and events for this addon to monitor.
- Updated to use the new API function GetMaxBattlefieldID() added in 4.3.
- Updated version and TOC to indicate compliance with WOW 4.3
- fixed a bug with unused variables when updating versions.
- fixed an issue with the implementation of the play sound function
- updated version and toc to indicate compliance with WoW 4.2
- Added a command line option for enable automatically
- renamed some variables added in 1.40beta and changed their scope to local where possible.
- Updated version to 1.40
- Added myself to the credits, because I'm totally awesome.
- Enable automatically is no longer enabled by default
- Icon blinking has finally stopped hooray!
- Added a command line option for enable automatically, which was added in 1.40beta
- Fixed an issue where raid warning sounds could fire twice if a player did not accept a BG invite in a timely manner. (har har)
- Added an option to monitor GM whispers. (this will only fire if you're not currently talking to a GM and you get one, so you won't get spammed with warnings when talking to a GM just when a new one tries to contact you).
- Added an option for WG/Tol Barad
- Added options for both kinds of role checks(raid role checks and LFG choose a role checks).
- Added an option to automatically enable the addon when it's loaded.
- Added undocumented resurrect option to the GUI.
- Removed /played as an option since it was just for testing. I'll be working on the GUI and CLI next version whenever that happens, so please see curseforge for current ideas or make comments here! I'll read them.
- Adjusted default minimap icon position.
- Incorporated changes from v1.20a.
- Updated for 4.0.1
- Fixed bug regarding version control
- Implemented new logic for the mute while active option. The addon will now function correctly if this option is disabled.
- Fixed a variable scope issue that might cause the addon to cease to function if certain conditions were met.
- Fixed an issue where the raid warning sound was clipped when mute while listening was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the raid warning sound might be muted if two events fired together.
- Added option to toggle MinimapIcon GUI from the commandline:
- Use "/en gui" to toggle display of the minimap icon.
- Renamed several variables to avoid conflicts with other addons.
- Bug fix: Fixed variable scope issues that might cause conflicts between addons and render this addon useless.
- Bug fix: User will not have sound options turned off upon logout.
- Bug fix: "Mute while active" is now a functional option
- Renamed to EventNotifier
- Graphic UI complete. MinimapIcon added:
- Left-click: start/stop the event monitor
- Right-click: toggle all available event triggers and options
- Shift + Left-click: reposition the icon around the minimap
- Version control added:
- New versions will reset saved variables to default on first run to ensure consistency, since further customizations are expected.
- Added options and triggers tables to SavedVariables
- Command line UI complete:
- "/atn [command]" to set general settings
- "/atnTriggers [event name]" to toggle specific event monitors
- Added event monitors:
- Confirm summon
- BG/arena queue
First beta version:
- Core algorithm complete
- Simple command line UI implemented (type /atn in chat)
- Minimap GUI in development
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Event Notifier v1.42||Release||4.3||923||12/05/2011|
|Alt+Tab Notifier v1.0||Release||3.3.0||8||12/31/2009|
|Alt+Tab Notifier v0.6b||Beta||3.3.0||19||12/30/2009|
|Alt+Tab Notifier v0.2b||Beta||3.3.0||16||12/26/2009|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,615,052 Monthly Downloads
- 812,679 Monthly Downloads
- 466,340 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 462,555 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 315,753 Monthly Downloads