This is a workaround for addons that aren't adapted correctly to Patch 4.0 and 4.0.6's sound changes. FixModSounds changes the default behavior of mod sounds to use the Master volume instead of the SFX volume.
- "/fixmodsounds trace" to watch which sounds are being played by which mods
- "/fixmodsounds ignoremod" to ignore all sound from a specific mod
- "/fixmodsounds ignoresound" to ignore a specific sound
Ignored sounds are still played. They just don't have their volume increased.
By default, the only ignored sound is Interface\Quiet.ogg, since LibSharedMedia uses it as an internal flag, and doesn't intend for it to play a sound. You can add as many ignored sounds as you want though.
The mod doesn't contain much text, and should be usable without localization. Many users appreciate localization though! You can submit translations using the using the WowAce translation app here:
2011-07-01 18:43:17 +0000
Tagging as v1.2.1
- Tested, works in 4.2.
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,607,278 Monthly Downloads
- 723,232 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 474,949 Monthly Downloads
- 460,273 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 308,233 Monthly Downloads