Note: as of Warlords of Draenor, all skinnable mobs, herbs, and mining nodes can now be gathered at any level and give an amount of resources scaled to your gathering level. Due to this change, GatherNotify is now entirely useless and I have no reason to continue updating it.
GatherNotify adds the following improvements to the gathering profession leveling experience:
Notifies you when you are able to pick a new herb, mine a new mineral, or skin a new level of creature upon reaching a level where new herbs/minerals/creatures are available. Also takes into account temporary boosts, so if you're level 89 mining with a +10 boost, then upon reaching level 90, it will tell you that you can now mine iron, with your current boost. Upon reaching level 100 mining (110 with the boost), it will tell you again that you can now mine iron without a boost.
Modifies tooltips for herbs, mining nodes, and dead skinnable mobs, adding the level required to pick/mine/skin it, as well as your current level, if you cannot pick/mine/skin it yet.
Modifies the "Requires herbalism 150"-type error messages so they now appear as "Requires herbalism 150 (currently 142)".
Adds a command (/gn [skinning/mining/herbalism]) that will tell you the highest level herb you can pick, node you can mine, or level of creature you can skin.
Disclaimer: Skinning levels MAY be inaccurate between levels 80 and 90, but they're probably correct. If you notice that a level is off, please tell me!
Commands: /gn or /gnotify or /gathernotify
- /gn skinning - Show highest creature you can skin
- /gn mining - Show highest node you can mine
- /gn herbalism - Show highest herb you can pick
- /gn version - Show addon version
Changes in 1.51:
- Updated TOC version to 6.0.2
Since all herbs, mining nodes, and skinnable mobs now give rewards that scale to your level and specific gathering levels are no longer necessary for anything, this addon is now completely useless. Goodbye and good gathering!
Changes in 1.5:
- Added some missing mines and herbs
- Pandaria herbs/mines now show as requiring level 1 skinning/mining, not their pre-5.3 requirements
- A bit of internal rewriting, but no change in the way the addon works
Changes in 1.48:
- Updated TOC version to 5.4
Changes in 1.47:
- Updated TOC version to 5.3
- Fixed minor Skinning error: you need 10 Skinning, not 1, to skin a level 11 creature
Changes in 1.46:
- Updated TOC version to 5.2
Changes in 1.45:
- Updated TOC version to 5.1
Changes in 1.44:
- Fixed error when hovering over Truesilver deposits
Changes in 1.43:
- Fixed duplicate "Now able to mine..." messages when you don't have any skill bonuses
Changes in 1.42:
- Fixed a problem causing other addons to be unable to hide/modify UI error messages (the red ones at the top of the screen). Thanks to tordenflesk for pointing this out
Changes in 1.41:
- Fixed bug with tooltips
Changes in 1.4:
- Now modifies tooltips for herbs, nodes, and skinnable mobs; adds required level, and current level if you can't mine/pick/skin it yet
Changes in 1.3:
- Updated for 5.0/Mists of Pandaria
- Addon now takes into account temporary levels gained from enchants and items in your bags (for example, the Mining Pick now gives +10 Mining)
Changes in 1.21:
- Fixed some erroneous levels
Changes in 1.2:
- Fixed "Requires skinning knife (currently 0)" bug
- Added new commands to show the highest thing you can skin, mine, or pick (/gn skinning, /gn mining, or /gn herbalism)
Changes in 1.1:
- Modified the "Requires [Skill] [Level]" message at the top of the screen when you try to mine/pick something you can't yet. It will now look something like "Requires Mining 450 (currently 442)". Works with any profession that generates that kind of message. Probably not compatible with the addons pError and ErrorFilter
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|