Glance v22.214.171.124 now available! Works with WoW Patch 5.2 For now, run it as an out of date addon. I'm waiting to hear if there are any issues with 5.2 that I haven't found while testing. I'll update the addon this weekend to fix the out of date status.
Glance is a modular information bar with many modules provided by default. Glance has been built from the bottom up to allow developers to create their own data brokers. Each module can be enabled or disabled via the user interface, or the Glance Interface Options panel. So use what you like, turn off what you don't, and let me know what else you'd like to see. I encourage you to read through this somewhat lengthy description, to see just what Glance is capable of.
New In This Release
- Fixed errors when disabling or moving modules.
- Fixed pets module error caused by patch 5.1.0.
- Modules can send information to themselves about other party members who are also using Glance. This behavior can be turned off.
- Modules can be repositioned by dragging them left or right one position at a time.
- Modules can be enabled or disabled in the Options panel.
- Right-Click an empty space on the bar, left click the gear icon, or type /glance options to access the Options Panel.
- Shifts the Player, Target, Buff, and Minimap frames down a touch to make room for itself. This behavior can be turned off for each frame.
- Shows time played in the chat window. This behavior can be turned off.
- Use the font Glance comes with, or use the standard game font.
- Glance will turn red while you are in combat.
- Cursor will highlight when over a button.
- Use the slider scale in the Options panel to make the bar larger or smaller.
- Click on the color swatches to change the color and transparency of the bar, bar in combat, bar resting, and bar border.
- Modules are all listed together on the WoW addon screen.
- Settings can be saved to and loaded from a global profile.
- Bar displays the durability of your armor as a percent.
- Color will change from green to yellow to red as you take damage.
- Tooltip displays the total cost to repair your armor.
- Tooltip displays your average and equipped item levels.
- Tooltip displays party stats for item level and durability.
- Module will auto-repair your armor at a merchant with guild funds if available, or your own funds if not. Right click to change this behavior.
- Bar displays Server time (s), Local time (l), or Date. Right click to change.
- Tooltip displays Server time, Local time, and Date.
- Left click to open the calendar.
- Bar displays a dice icon. One dot if you are on your primary talent tree, two dots for secondary.
- Dice will display red if you have not chosen a stance.
- Tooltip displays current spec, equipment set, current tabard, and stance/presence/aura.
- Left click to switch between primary and secondary talents.
- Right click to display a menu and set your talents or switch equipment sets.
- Note: Items in the stance/presence/aura bar may be shown but not activated by Glance.
- Bar displays an icon similar to the dungeon finder/LFG.
- Tooltip displays Dungeons and Raids your character is currently eligible to enter based on your level and your gear's item level.
- Tooltip differentiates between normal and heroic.
- Tooltip displays minimum level to enter, and the minimum/maximum levels you can use LFG for a dungeon or raid.
- Right click to change your character level to see what someone at a lower or higher level may be eligible for.
- Bar displays selected emblems/awards/points.
- Tooltip displays all your emblems and how many of each you have.
- Tooltip displays selected emblems in a different color.
- Right click to choose which emblems to display.
- Left click to open the Currency tab
- Bar displays current frames per second (FPS)
- Tooltip displays current framerate, as well as minimum, maximum, and average for the current session.
- Tooltip displays party stats for average framerate per party member.
- Bar displays Friends/RealID Friends that are currently online.
- Tooltip displays friends. Name, color coded by class, and location.
- Left click to open the Friends tab.
- Bar displays either total gold, character's gold, or gold per hour. Right click to change.
- Tooltip displays gold per account, per faction, per character with totals.
- Tooltip displays gold per sesion, and gold per hour.
- Right click to delete an old character or faction.
- Bar displays guild members that are currently online.
- Tooltip displays guild members. Name, class, level, color coded by class, and location.
- Left click to open the Guild tab.
- Bar displays current latency (Lag) home/world in milliseconds.
- Tooltip displays current home and world latency and bandwidth used.
- Tooltip displays party stats for home/world latency per party member.
- Bar displays current zone and subzone and current map coordinates.
- Bar displays current addon memory usage in megabytes.
- Tooltip displays each addon and how much memory it is using in real-time.
- Tooltip displays arrows to show current activity (increase or decrease).
- Left click to collect garbage. Garbage is data left in memory that is no longer used.
- Module can force garbage collection on login. Right click to change this behavior.
- Shift left click to launch ACP if it is installed. (Optional Dependency)
- All modules of Glance are shown as one line item of combined memory. Right click to change this behavior and display the memory usage of each module.
- Bar displays a horseshoe icon.
- Tooltip shows the total mounts you have obtained.
- Left click to summon a random mount suitable to your location.
- Right click to display a menu of individual mounts sorted by Flying, Riding, and Swimming.
- Module has an Options Panel with a list of mounts. Uncheck mounts you do not wish to display in the menu or have randomly summoned.
- Module has an Options Panel with a list of macros.
- Bar displays a paw print icon.
- Tooltip shows the total companion pets you have obtained.
- Left click to open the pet journal.
- Right click to display a menu of individual pets sorted into Favorites, and pet type.
- Menu display shows favorites in blue, non-combat pets in red, and pet levels in gold.
- Right click to dismiss your pet.
- Module now reflects the filters from the pet journal.
- Module has an Options Panel with a list of pets. Uncheck pets you do not wish to display in the menu.
- Bar displays currently tracked profession (current/total points).
- Tooltip displays professions, level, and current skill points.
- Tooltip displays best gathering locations and types based on your skill level.
- Left click to open the Professions tab.
- Right click to select which profession to display on the bar.
- Bar displays either a percentage earned or points remaining for the currently tracked reputation. Right click to change the display.
- Tooltip displays the currently tracked repution.
- Tooltip displays percent earned and points remaining on the currently tracked reputation.
- Left click to open the Reputation tab.
- Right click to select a reputation to track.
Tol Barad Timer
- Bar displays a color coded countdown timer to the next battle for Tol Barad.
- Tooltip displays which faction has control of Tol Barad.
- Right click to change the display from Tol Barad to TB
- Bar displays a color coded countdown timer to the next battle for Lake Wintergrasp.
- Tooltip displays which faction has control of Lake Wintergrasp.
- Right click to change the display from Wintergrasp to WG
- Bar displays your current experience (XP) as a percent.
- Tooltip displays the total xp for your current level, how much xp you have gained, how much you need, and your rested xp.
- Tooltip displays the time played on this character, this level, and this session.
- Tooltip displays your leveling speed in xp per hour and how long it will take you to level.
- Tooltip displays an average number of kills, quests, and gathers you need to level.
- Tooltip displays a hunters pet level and xp.
- Tooltip displays party stats for level, xp, and xp per hour per party member.
- /glance random Summons a random mount best suited for the area you are in.
- /glance randomair Summons a random flying mount.
- /glance randomland Summons a random land mount.
- /glance randomwater Summons a random water mount.
Glance Slash Commands
- /glance hide Hides the Glance bar.
- /glance show Shows the glance bar.
- /glance options Shows the Glance Interface Options panel.
- Please submit any bugs or glitches on CurseForge, and not in the comments.
- Ideas for future updates: volume controls, bar positioning top or bottom.
- A heart felt thanks for those who have taken time to write amazing reviews about this addon. Thank you!
- A working template has been included and disabled. The template is fully commented explaining how to hook into Glance.
Fixed errors when disabling or moving modules. Fixed pets module error caused by patch 5.1.0.
Bug fix for Friends when RealID Friends are online but not in-game. Bug fix for Armor tooltip crashing and not displaying item level correctly. Added new color option for the bar for when you enter a rest area.
Bug fixes for patch 5.0.5 Mists of Pandaria. Bug fix for Friends and Guild caused by the new class. Bug fix for Armor if your are a guildmaster. Updated data on Professions and Dungeons. Updated max level for XP, Updated Pets to include pet level, if it can battle, sorted pets by category and fixed a bug on summon. Updated mounts to include alphabetical listing for those who have a million mounts. Turned off Garbage Collection by default in the Memory module. Added Tabard to DualSpec.
Fixed a bug in the button system that affected moving, enabling/disabling modules. This should no longer be an issue. Added the ability to delete old characters or factions from the Gold module. Added the ability to change the color and transparency of the bar, bar-in-combat, and bar border. Combined the modules in the WoW addon screen for ease of use.
Fixed bugs in Armor, DualSpec, FrameRate, Latency, Pets, and XP modules due to overwhelming API changes made in patch 5.0.4.
Completely rewritten. New buttons, updated features. Check the description for a full list. Bar is now modular. Module options available on right-click. Gold now displays gph/character/account. Multiple Emblems can be tracked. Added guild repair to Armor. Added points remaining option to Reputation. Option to shorten names on Wintergrasp/Tol Barad. Mounts/Pets are now icons. Added DualSpec (switch specs/track stance/equipment set). Added Dungeon eligibility (what dungeons/raids you can do at what level).
Another bug fix for gold tooltip (gold per session/gold per hour). Fixed player and target frame positions when entering/exiting instances.
Bug fix for gold tooltip (gold per session/gold per hour).
Bug fix and update for patch 4.2. Friends tooltip for RealID friends was generating errors.
Fixed an issue with the battleground timers resetting world map coordinates when the map is displayed. Added an option to turn off garbage collection at login. Fixed time played message display to properly hide the server response when Glance requests the data.
Bug fix for an addon conflict which was preventing the options panel from showing.
Added clock tooltip for local/server time and date with a right click to switch the display, added memory as a button, memory tooltip updates realtime (5 sec) with up/down arrows, added latency tooltip with local/server and ul/dl speed, increased dropdown menu font size, added option to scale the size of bar and font, added memory click to force garbage collection, added fps tooltip to show min/max/avg, upgraded xp tooltip. xp now shows xp per hour, time to level, kills/quests/gathering to level based on an average. xp/armor/lag/fps now shows data from your party if they have Glance.
Fixed random mount (water) bug, separated gold tally between factions.
Updated professions, mounts, emblems for Cataclysm. Added random mount macros, Tol Barad timer, companion pets, account gold tally. Mount Fix.
Added professions tracking and display. Added a preferred mount list in the options panel.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,039,394 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 476,960 Monthly Downloads
- 332,077 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 330,308 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 303,569 Monthly Downloads