Healium is a World of Warcraft addon who's main goal is to simplify healing of party or raid members.
Healium provides a customizable, intuitive, compact, no-clutter interface optimized to make it easy to heal. Healium allows you to place any spell, item, or macro onto buttons right next to each person's healthbar. The buttons will cast the spell on the person they are beside of, without the need for you to target the person first.
Player healthbars are compact and close to each other which reduces the amount of screen space you have to look over to monitor the party's health. The spell buttons are very close by, minimizing the space you have to move your mouse, and thus the time required, to cast the spell.
Unlike other healing focused addons, Healium does not require you to set up complex key combinations (shift, ctrl, and alt) to cast your spells. In Healium, you just click a healing button next to the person's health bar. There is no memorization of key combinations required. However, you may use the Clique addon with Healium if you would like to configure mouse and key combinations for some of your heals, along with healing buttons.
Healium was originally based on FB Heal Box and has been updated to work with Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and now, Mists of Pandaria, with many new features.
Here is Healium in action:
Click here to wach on YouTube in HD 720p (much better quality)
- Up to 15 customizable buttons next to each party/raid member's name and health
- The buttons have optional cooldown animations.
- The buttons have optional range checking with customizable frequency
- The button configurations are saved separately for each talent specialization automatically
- Drag and drop directly from the spell book to configure spells
- Unit Frames:
- Party - Shows your current party
- Pets - Shows all pets in your party or raid
- Me - Shows you only
- Target - Shows your current target (if you have one)
- Focus - Shows your current focus (if you have one)
- Friends - Shows the people in your party or raid who are also on your Healium friends list.
- Tanks - Shows just those assigned as Main Tanks using the older raid UI (still exists and only settable by a raid leader)
- Group1-8 - Shows the corresponding raid group
- Optional mana bar for each player
- The Unit Frames are compatible with the Clique addon
- True Unit Frames: Left click on a player's healthbar to target the player or prime a spell and click to cast it on them
- Displays your HoTs / Buffs that have been assigned in Healium, which are currently on a player, next to each player with a cooldown animation.
- Debuff Warnings - Audible and visual indicators when someone has a debuff which you can cure with a spell in Healium
- Healthbar Highlight - Highlights the healthbar
- Healthbar Coloring - Changes the healthbar color to the color of the debuff type
- Button Highlight - Highlights the exact healing button for you to press
- Audio warning - Plays a (configurable) sound
After installing Healium, you will want to configure the button count and the button's spells.
Follow these steps
- Press the ESC key. That will bring up the Options window.
- Press the Interface button.
- Click the AddOns tab.
- Find Healium in the list and click it.
You should see options specific to Healium, including the Button Count slider, and button dropdowns that allow you to pick healing spells for each button. Use the scrollbar on the right to access more options. The spells in the dropdown just include healing and emergency type spells specifically picked by Healium. If you do not see any spells in the dropdown, make sure you are on a character class that actually has heals. The dropdown will only show heals which you actually have currently in your spellbook. Also make sure you are in the spec that has the spells you want to cast because many spells are only available via talents and will not show up if you are in a spec that doesn't have the spell currently. Those talent specific spells will be saved when you switch specs.
The Healium config panel only shows healing and emergency spells. You may actually use any spell you have trained, including buffs by closing the Healium Config Panel if it is open and drag and dropping a spell directly from you spellbook onto any Healium button. Drag them directly to a Healium button, not to the dropdown in the config panel. It's just like dragging a spell to an action bar.
Macros and Items
Macros and Items are now supported in Healium as of 2.0.0. You must use Drag and Drop to configure them both, as neither macros nor items appear in the Healium menus. Macros must use [@mouseover] modifier to work correctly with Healium, otherwise they will use the default macro target logic (usually cast on you or your current target) Here is an example macro for instant Druid's Healing Touch that works with Healium:
#showtooltip /cast Nature's Swiftness /cast [@mouseover] Healing Touch
Note that if you omit the [@mouseover] it will cast on your current target or yourself, instead of using the target assigned to the Healium button.
For the debuff warning options to work you simply need to assign any curing spells to buttons in Healium and enable the option(s). Some classes have talents that enable a cure spell to cure magic based debuffs and Healium is able to determine if you have those talents and will only warn about magic debuffs if you have the appropriate talent.
Healium Friends is a Healium frame which allows you to customize the people that appear in it. Anyone who is on your Healium Friends list, and also in your current party or raid will appear in this frame. It will work with people cross-realm as well. Remember, they have to both be on your Healium friends list and also in your current party or raid to show up.
The Healium Friends list is a global list (not specific to a character). That means that all of your alts on a server share the same list.
Management of the Healium friends list is done via these slash commands.
- /hlm friends add (Target or name)
- /hlm friends remove (Target or name or index)
- /hlm friends list
- /hlm friends clear
When using /hlm friends add, you may type a name instead of having them targeted. This could be used to add someone offline or otherwise not currently targetable. When you type their name instead of targeting them, make sure you properly capitalize their name, otherwise they will not appear. If you are typing a name for someone cross-realm use this format "Name-Realm" where there are no spaces before or after the -, but there may be spaces in the realm name, and also make sure you properly capitalize the realm name. Any improper capitalization will result in the user not appearing. It is recommended that you target them when adding, instead of typeing their name, so you don't even have to be concerned about capitalization.
When removing someone via /hlm friends remove, in addition to allowing you to target the person or type their name, you may also specify their 'index'. The index is the index shown next to the player's name via the command /hlm friends list.
Type /hlm for a list of slash commands
- /hlm config - Shows the Healium config panel
- /hlm show [ party | pets | me | tanks | friends | 1-8 ] - Shows the corresponding Healium frame
- /hlm reset frames - Resets all Healium frame positions
- /hlm friends list - shows the current Healium friends list
- /hlm friends add (Target or name) - adds the player to the Healium friends list
- /hlm friends remove (Target or name or index) - removes the player form Healium friends list
- /hlm friends clear - clears the Healium friends list
- Pet abilities can be used by putting them into macros
- Macros and items can be used via drag and drop
- You can right click on a frame caption to access the Healium menu. This can be more convenient than going through the wow UI to get to the Healium config panel.
- You can right click on a health bar to drag the entire frame.
- Left clicking on a health bar will target that player.
- You may right click any Healium button to cast the spell on your current target instead of its intended target. This might be useful in emergencies or just as a way to cast spells/buffs on other people, using the Healium UI.
- Changing some settings on the Config Panel while in combat will cause problems. Please try to set it up before combat.
- Changes to the party/raid will cause right-click dragging of a frame window to stop.
- Due to wow api limitations, the Tanks frame will only show tanks assigned as "Main Tanks" using the older raid interface, which still exists and is only settable by the raid leader. It does not use the tank "Role", and there isn't any way to do this by roles until Blizzard allows you to filter group headers by roles.
Reporting Issues / Bugs / Feedback
Please report all issues as comments on the Healium curse page. These will be looked at! If you are having a problem and are not using an English version client, please also post which language version of the client you are using.
* Workaround for Blizzard slider bug from 5.4.0 that caused the button count slider to show fractional numbers
* Added these spells to the default list of spells
* Druid: Revive
* Priest: Resurrection
* Shaman: Ancestral Spirit
* Paladin: Redemption
* Death Knight: Raise Ally
* Temporary workaround for Blizzard 5.4.1 taint bug.
* Updated ToC version number
* Fix missing name text and other draw-order related issues by reworking some frame parenting and changing framelevel from a static number set in xml to a calculated number in script
* Showing config panel (via /hlm config or Healium menu) now always opens directly to Healium config panel (work around new bliz bug)
* Removed names from most frames to avoid potential name collision issues with other addons
* Updated ToC version number
* Fixed in-addon version number (was left as 2.1.7 in 2.1.8)
* Updated ToC version number
* Update for wow 5.1 patch
* Monk - "Detox" now triggers cure magic logic only if it can actually cure magic
* Fix lua errors relating to cooldowns after 5.1 patch
* Priest - Added "Dispel Magic" as a default spell, and configured it for curing
* Fix LUA errors regarding invalid health values
* Fixed some issues caused by dynamic spells during combat. E.g. Balance Druid changing "Hurricane" into "Astral Storm" during "Lunar Eclipse",
resulting in tooltips for some spells showing as different spells, and getting other invalid states
* Shaman - Removed cure magic attribute from "Cleanse Spirit"
* Shaman - Added "Purify Spirit" as a default spell, and configured it for curing
* Druid - Added "Remove Corrpution" as a default spell, and configured it for curing
* Paladin - Added "Sacred Shield" as a default spell
* Paladin - Added "Eternal Flame" as a default spell
* Paladin - Added "Hand of Purity" as a default spell
* Paladin - Added "Holy Prism" as a default spell
* Paladin - Added "Execution Sentence" as a default spell
* Paladin - Fixed "Cleanse" magic cure logic, only shows magic debuffs if you can actually cure magic
* Paladin - Fixed perma buffs not showing as buffs. This wasn't necessarliy a bug before, but "Beacon of Light" was changed to perma, so it quit showing as a buff.
* Fixed LUA error caused by latest patch: GetSpellBookItemName(): Invalid spell slot
(Replaced latest Healium release for Cataclysm version with Healium for MoP beta since Blizzard released patch 5.0.4 ahead of actual MoP release)
* Fixed LUA error caused in last beta patch
* Unusable spells (based on current spec) no longer appear in the Healium menus/config panel
* Monks now have spells that appear in the Healium menus/config panel
* Class icon on config panel updated to use same icons from character creation window for all classes
* Removed default spells from some clases if they were removed or repurposed
* Updated cure effects for all classes
* Initial support for MoP beta.
* Added "Holy Word: Serenity" to Priest's default spell list. Note- to configure this, you will either need to either select it in a Healium config panel drop-down or use the "Configure Button" menu. Drag and dropping it doesn't seem to work due to the spell's dynamic nature.
* Added checkbox option "Show names in UPPERCASE". Previously this was hard-coded on without any option.
* Added "/hlm toggle" slash handler. This toggles visibility of Healium frames. This is the same as Shift + Left clicking on the Healium minimap icon.
* The toggle frames feature now reports whether the frames are currently shown or hidden after performing its operation.
* Updated ToC version number
* Updated ToC version number
* Fixed new bug in 2.0.0: When using the Healium config panel to overwrite a macro or item, it would still consider the spell in that slot to be a macro or item
* Fixed new bug in 2.0.0: Toggle frames caused a LUA error.
* Cooldowns for macros
* Fixed new bug in 2.0.0: Spells did not range check unless you re-assigned them.
* Support wow version 4.1
* Added support for Macros and Items. You must use Drag and Drop to configure them both, as neither macros nor items appear in the Healium menus.
Macros must use [@mouseover] modifier to work correctly with Healium, otherwise they will use the default macro target logic (usually cast on you or your current target)
Here is an example macro for instant Druid's Healing Touch that works with Healium:
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast [@mouseover] Healing Touch
Note that if you omit the [@mouseover] it will cast on your current target or yourself, instead of using the target assigned to the Healium button.
* Removed ability to auto-import Button Assignments and Button Count settings from ancient versions of Healium (prior to .9.3.0)
* Added /hlm show target and /hlm show focus slash commands
* Added Healium Target and Focus unit frames
* Added option to show raid icons (raid icon support already existed but there was no option to turn it off)
* Fixed bug with raid icons being incorrect sometimes when the party/raid makeup changes
* Added show Incoming Heals option
* Toggle Frames will turn on Party and Pets frames if all frames are off and no frames were previously toggled off. i.e. When it would otherwise do nothing at all.
* Removed all logic that causes buttons to grey out.
* Removed all frame strata settings. This caused some parts of the Healium UI to sometimes incorrectly appear in front of or behind other UI elements.
* Power Word: Shield now bases its cooldown on the unit's Weakened Soul debuff. -- Should make many priests happy!
* Swift Mend now bases its greyed state on the unit's Rejuvination and Regrowth buffs. -- Should make many druids happy!
* Added Show Threat option
* Added Show Roles option
* Added Unleash Elements for Shamen
* Fix Healium buffs tooltip was generating a LUA error. This error was caused in 1.1.5.
* Fix for showing the wrong name sometimes for some party / raid members after 4.0.3 patch.
* Additional fix for names appearing as "Unknown" in random dungeon type groups, due to new unit frame bugs introduced by Blizzard in wow 4.0.3.
* Fixed names appearing as "Unknown Entity". This started happening after 4.0.3 update and an apparantly new bug by Blizzard where unitIDs for Secure Unit Header child frames no longer have a unitid set before calling OnShow handler.
* Fixed issues caused when Enable Clique Support is on. This caused heal buttons to not appear, among other things.
* Added back Natures Swiftness for Shamen
* Added back Wild Growth for Druids
* Update to work with wow 4.0.1
* Healium Friends frame is not always shown by default regardless of setting
* Configuration buttons from Healium menu now updates the corresponding dropdown in config panel
* Added Show Friends menu option to Healium menu
* Fixed Toggle Frames error with Friends Frame (new bug in 1.0.0)
* Added Cure Poison spell for druids and also added it to the debuff warning logic
* Added optional mana bar
* Raid icons support
* Long names will wrap to a 2nd line
* When a unit is dead, the HP percent text will say "dead", and the healthbar will be at 0.
* Added Friends frame
* Misc. optimizations
* Fixed taint issue when dinging while in combat
* Fixed issue with "Configure Buttons" menu not showing spells after a /reload, and probably other unknown related issues
* Added "Set button count" to the Healium menu. This allows you a simple way to set the number of buttons to show.
* Added "Configure Buttons" to the Healium menu, This allows you a smiple way to configure the spells assigned to each Healium button.
* Gift of the Naaru should once again show in the dropdowns for Dranei.
* Improved drag and drop support. The main goal was to make it easier to move spells around by dragging and dropping.
* You may now hold down shift and drag on a healium button to "pick up" that spell
* If you release your mouse button during the drag operation, you may left click a healium button to replace its currently assigned spell. Previously this wouldn't work.
* If you drop a spell onto a healium button while holding shift it will replace the spell but also pick up the spell being replaced.
* Added "/hlm reset frames" command line option to reset all frame positions
* Added "Reset all frame position" to the Healium menu
* Debuff warning system
* The built-in spell list is now auto-translated. This means non-english wow verions will now have the spells in the button dropdowns in the config panel. This is not a full translation of the entire addon, just the spell names.
* Clique addon and related click-to-cast addons support
* Shows tooltips for your buffs on a player
* Fixed spell update issues caused in .9.3.5.
* Fixed loading and LUA errors caused in .9.3.4
* Added Lock Frames checkbox to config panel.
* Added tool-tips to controls on config panel.
This version was not released to the public.
* Switced to using Curse source control and automatic packaging, so the .zip names will be in a little different format.
* .zip now includes a changelog.txt that contains this same exact text.
* Added "Cure Toxins" to Shaman spell list, and removed the two it replaces.
* Added Hide Close Buttons checkbox to config panel. This will hide the X button so you don't accidently close the frame.
* Added Hide Captions checkbox to config panel. This will hide the caption bar above the Healium frames when you move your mouse away.
* Fixed LUA errors caused in .9.3.0:
Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:604 attempt to index local 'button' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:859 attempt to index local 'filterText' (a nil value)
* The button configuration and button count settings are now saved seperately for each talent specialization. When you log in, your existing button configuration will be automatically imported as the button configuration for each talent specialization, requiring nothing on your part. Any button changes you make will now only be applied to the configuration specific to the talent specialization you are in at the time of the change.
e.g. if you have a paladin with a holy spec and a ret spec, you may configure Healium while in your ret spec to not have Holy Shock, which is only available via talent, but when you switch back to holy spec, Holy Shock will be there (unless you remove it while in the Holy spec.)
* Fixed scrollbar on config panel to quit scrolling infinitely.
* Added ability to right click any Healium button to cast the spell on your current target instead of its intended target. This might be useful in emergencies or just as a way to cast spells/buffs on other people, using the Healium UI.
* Fixed resetting of Healium frame positions each time you logged in. I think this bug was probably new in .9.2.0
* Fixed config panel frame checkboxes are now checked/unchecked correctly when showing or hiding Healium frames
* Added /hlm slash commands
* sync to wow version 3.3.0
* Drag and Drop directly from spell book to buttons to configure spells
* Buffs and other spells are supported (only via drag and drop from the spell book, not in the drop downs). Inventory and macros might be supported in the future but I don't consider this a priority.
* Added Tanks Unit Frame (Shows the assigned Tanks in the raid)
* Increased the width of the spell drop downs in the config panel
* When dragging a unit frame by the caption - it no longer will stop moving when the party/raid changes. It will however still do this if you were right-click dragging on a health-bar.
* Fix to Use Class Colors setting- It wasn't being applied until the player's health changed.
* Misc Taint fixes, including an annoying one (caused in .9.1.0) while in combat when a unit frame was created you would get "action was blocked in combat " message and the unit frame would have 15 buttons visible no matter how many you had configured.
* Hide All Frames, via menu and via shift + left click on the Healium mini map button now toggles it's frames on and off. It is smart- if any frame is visible it will toggle them all of and the next time you toggle, it will toggle back on just the frames it hid via the previous toggle.
Prior to this update, Healium placed every player of the raid, into a single column. For a single party or maybe a 10 man raid this was ok. But for a 25 man raid it was pretty troublesome in a lot of ways. First of all, you couldn�t easily tell who was in what group so if you were assigned to heal particular group(s) it wasn�t very easy in Healium. On top of that there was a 25 man limit. Now Healium has multiple independent and movable frames!
Here are the frames:
* Party � Shows your current party
* Pets � Shows all pets in your group or raid. That�s right- now you can now heal pets with Healium. This was impossible before.
* Me � Shows you only. You�re important and if you are in a large raid or battleground it�s not always easy to remember what group and position you are in. With this frame open, you can always position your frame anywhere you want. You can actually appear in multiple frames at the same time (Me, Party, and your raid group).
* Group1-8 � Shows the corresponding raid group. The 25 man limit has been removed and you can now see groups 6-8.
* The frames have a draggable caption and close button.
* Player�s health bars are now true unit frames.
* Left clicking on a player�s health bar will now target the player.
* If you have a spell primed then you can left click the health bar to cast it on them.
* Right clicking on a player�s health bar will allow you to drag the entire frame.
Left clicking on the Healium mini map icon will now open a menu. The fist menu �Healium Config Panel� will open the config panel (same as left clicking the Healium mini map icon before this update.) The menu �Show / Hide Frames� will allow you to show and hide particular frames or group of frames. Right clicking on a Healium frame caption will also open this menu!
Buffs / HOTs
* Your active buffs/HOTs on players will show up as small icons just to the left of their health bar. The icons have cooldown animations so you can judge how long they have left. It also shows how many times the spell is stacked. Only the spells you have assigned to Healium which you have personally cast will show up. This feature is incredibly useful for spells like Beacon of Light (Paladin), Lifebloom (Druid), Prayer of Mending (Priest), among many others.
* The maximum number of buttons has been increased from 8 to 15.
New Available Spells
These spells will now appear in the Config Panel button dropdowns if you have the spell.
* Draenei� Gift of the Naaru
* Mage � Remove Curse
* Druid � Rebirth, Remove Curse
* Show Button Tooltips checkbox � Controls whether or not a tooltip with the spell info is shown when hovering over a healing button. A few people requested this as an option because the position of the tooltip was covering up something important on their UI. Maybe in the future I can add an option that controls the position of the tooltip, but for now at least you can toggle it off.
* Show Health Percentage checkbox � Controls whether or not to show the health percentage text on health bars.
* Use Class Colors checkbox � If checked, the health bar color will be the color of the player�s class instead of green/yellow/red based on their current health.
* Show Frames checkboxes: Party, Pets, Me, Group1-8 � Toggling these will show or hide the corresponding frame.
* Show Buffs checkbox � Controls whether or not to show your buffs beside each player�s health bar. Only your buffs which have also been assigned to Healium will be shown.
* Default Party Frames � This option was especially troubling to support after the unit frames coding changes. If anyone misses this, say so as it is probably salvageable, but with a lot of work.
* Raid Scale setting � This setting was there to support shrinking the UI when in �raid mode� to allow the single column to fit on the screen. Now that we have multiple frames support I don�t see a need to have a separate setting; just use the Scale setting which now controls the scale for all frames.
* No Raid checkbox � If you don�t want to see raid frames, either close them or just don�t open them.
* Enabled checkbox � Before this update, this was your only option to close the main Healium frame. Now you can close the individual frames instead.
* Fixed spellbook blocking issue.
* Added "Penance" to Priests spell list.
* Added "Cleanse Spirit" and "Riptide" to Shaman spell list.
* Added "Guardian Spirit" to Priests spell list.
* Fixed memory leaks.
* Tweaks to raid support. You will always appear on the bottom when in raids now.
* Fixed serious lag spike when respeccing.
* Increased max button count from 7 to 8
* Added druid spells "Wild Growth", and "Innervate" to the available spells list for druids.
* Initial Release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|2.1.6 Beta 2||Beta||5.0.5||856||10/21/2012|
|v 2.1.2 (MoP) Beta||Beta||5.0.4||4,014||07/14/2012|
|v 2.0.6 Beta||Beta||4.3.4||203||06/26/2012|
|1.4.0 Beta 2||Beta||4.0.3a||98||01/16/2011|
|1.2.0 Beta 3||Beta||4.0.3a||69||12/10/2010|
|1.2.0 Beta 2||Beta||4.0.3a||66||12/05/2010|
|Healium 1.1.0 Beta||Beta||4.0.1||64||10/07/2010|
|Healium 1.0.0 Beta 2||Beta||3.3.5||222||06/28/2010|
|Healium 1.0.0 Beta||Beta||3.3.5||255||06/19/2010|
|Healium .9.4.2 Beta||Beta||3.3.5||279||05/30/2010|
|Healium .9.4.0 Beta 8||Beta||3.3.0||14||01/18/2010|
|Healium .9.4.0 Beta 7||Beta||3.3.0||65||01/13/2010|
|Healium .9.4.0 Beta 6||Beta||3.3.0||18||01/11/2010|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,076,702 Monthly Downloads
- 532,717 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 349,132 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 324,875 Monthly Downloads
- 322,840 Monthly Downloads