- Do you spend more time questing your bags for an item than raiding the instance?
- Can't remember what icon is related to what quest?
- Fed up with 'poor' items clogging your bags?
- Wish you could search the guild bank?
Now working with Cataclysm - sorry for the delay everyone...
Fixed refresh, mostly: When moving an item or opening a new bag, refreshes search display (the only time it refreshes too often is when moving items in guild bank, seems to trigger 4 redraw events). There are still a few random refreshes that make the highlighting go away on the guild bank, no idea what event to hook there. But it's quite fast, even with the redraws. I had to pull a few tricks to get the refresh to behave properly.
Reworked quantity searching: Can now search with <, >, = or combinations of those against item level, required level, stack size, or vendor value
Allow fractional gold amounts: for example, "greater than 2g50s" written as >2.5
/hl by itself now puts focus on the search box, to avoid having to click on it
Brigtened the non-highlighted items just slightly so you can see what they are, without being confused for highlighted items. Set vertex color to 0.2, since 0.1 made it very hard to tell if a non-highlighted spot is empty, and 0.3 made the contrast between highlighted and non-highlighted items too poor.
Reorganized redundant code into its own functions to make things easier to read. It makes it easier to read if you can look at the function name and it does one simple thing, rather than 50 lines of obscure code packed into a single function. And it also makes it easier to reuse that functionality in other ways.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
Then 'Highlight' is for you, its a very simple stand alone add-in which greys out all the items what don't fit your criteria. It was inspired by the simplicity of the code from 'Gerbils of War - Bag Search' only the search was extended to include item types, sub-types, rarity and now complete stacks of materials. This works for both local bags and all items within your characters bank.
Can be accessed by either an additional search window below the first bag or from the command line.
The total number of items found that have the required criterion are also listed in the UI.
Use the command line /highlight criterion or /hl criterion.
- To highlight all types of ore /hl ore
- To highlight all 'FULL' stacks /hl stack
- To highlight blue items in the bag /hl rare
- To highlight grey items in the bag /hl poor
- To highlight pets in the bag /hl pet
- To highlight all quest items /hl quest
- Example, this would find all millable Northrend herbs /hl herb ilvl>70 stack>5 !fireleaf
- Another example, to find my old level 70 gear that I can vendor /hl wearable purple lvl<80 cost>0
- To find partial stacks of bandages so they can be combined /hl bandage !stack
- Tfind all usable cooking ingredients that aren't fish /hl cooking !fish
Added "wearable": item has an equipment slot
Added "craftable": item is used in one of the characters recipes. It caches the tradeskill reagents up front to make searching them fast
Added negation: reverses the meaning of a search term if you put a "!" or "" in front
Added multipe search terms: can combine multiple search criteria (implied "and" between all terms)
Added more item quality search terms: for example, green for uncommon, purple for epic, etc, since I have a hard time remembering the official terms
... you see the pattern ...
Please enjoy, and let me know any feedback/bugs...
Restored the filter by type/wearable code Fixed the 'double escape key' issue
Working with latest Wow client
Fixed a couple of LUA errors Added Colour searching alongside ratity name
Finally fixed Highlight to work with the new APi
Fixed a nil line entry for the main window.
- Updated TOC
- Added updates from 'linknoid' (Many thanks for the all the improvements)
- Added "wearable": item has an equipment slot
- Added "craftable": item is used in one of the characters recipes. It caches the tradeskill reagents up front to make searching them fast
- Added negation: reverses the meaning of a search term if you put a "!" or "" in front
- Added multipe search terms: can combine multiple search criteria (implied "and" between all terms)
- Added more item quality search terms: for example, green for uncommon, purple for epic, etc, since I have a hard time remembering the official terms
- Fixed refresh
- Reworked quantity searching: Can now search with <, >, = or combinations of those against item level, required level, stack size, or vendor value
- Allow fractional gold amounts: for example, "greater than 2g50s" written as >2.5
- /hl by itself now puts focus on the search box, to avoid having to click on it
- Brigtened the non-highlighted items just slightlyReorganized redundant code into its own functions to make things easier to read.
- Updated TOC
- Added price per stack search
- Now searches active guild bank tab
- Searches include 'item location', e.g. 'Feet', '1H'
A few other mods
1.0 Updated UI & bank fix
- Now working with all bank items (not just those in bags)
- Added UI counter for items found
0.9.1 UI update
- UI window added to run alongside commandline
- Runs with bank bags as well as local bags
- Updates on key presses
0.9 code re-write to clean up code
- Addition of error handlers
- Addition of 'full' stack check
- Add count of items found to the command line
- Removed the need to open the bags, this is now done automatically
- Fixed the grammer in the output messages
0.4 .. 0.8 - test versions to try out new features; thanks to Chia, Ary and vpr for their time and comments.
0.3 first upload to wow interface
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Highlight 1.2 - the local bag search tool||Release||3.1.0||45||04/19/2009|
|Highlight 1.0 - the local bag search tool||Release||3.0.3||11||12/11/2008|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 3,604,449 Monthly Downloads
- 2,278,771 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,013,251 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,742,129 Monthly Downloads
- Tooltip and Auction & Economy
- 1,243,558 Monthly Downloads