HoloFriends (continued) v0.470
This addon implements an extended friends window in WoW to offer you a better management of your friends and ignores.
For an overview and some help have a look at the screenshots: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/holo-friends-continued/images/
- New features in this version:
- * HoloFriends got a search function (mass invite in the search group)
- * Popup window if a monitored friend came online
- Fixes in this version:
- * disabled rename and remove pulldown menu buttons for FRIENDS, IGNORE, SEARCH group
- * fix for some edit boxes where the ENTER key was not working
- * fix for not reacting friends list after removing the online status from a friend (after removing a friend from the in-game friends list, the server is not sending a confirmation anymore)
- handle a single faction wide friends and ignore list for some or all your chars
- order your friends and ignore list in groups
- manage more than 100 friends and more than 50 ignores
- update the status of friends (>100), not monitored online by WoW, with one button click
- ignore all chat messages and invitations to group, guild, and duel for offline ignores
- show a message, if one of your in-game monitored friends or ignores vanished
- RealID friends are supported with optional display of the char name behind/before the real name
- the in-game friends and ignore lists are accessible
- configurable buttons at the bottom of the friends and ignore list windows
- add long comments (up to 500 letters) to your friends and ignore list
- the first 48 letters of the comments are saved to the in-game friend notes
- monitor notes of the in-game friends list (support for other addons)
- optional upend in-game friend notes with HoloFriends comments
- display location, comment or bcast message, and optional level behind the friends name
- show extended informations at a tooltip beside the friend list entry
- search the friends and ignore list for names and comments (hide keywords with the #-sign) (New)
- optional list only online friends
- optional show only groups with online friends at the friends list
- optional sort all online friends at the top of the group lists
- optional display of class icons to friends
- optional display of friend name in class color
- save the date of last seen for your friends
- save and set data for your own chars (if included in the friends list)
- show the number of online/offline friends and ignores (optional at groups)
- mark a friend to monitor its status and show a message window if he came online (New)
- optional add players to the friends or ignore list by pull down menus (no friends window required)
- optional add the who-request to several pull down menus
- optional black opaque background for pull down menus
- optional new method for pull-down menu entries (no tainting)
- right click option to invite all friends of a group at once
- right click menu to move friends directly to another group
- share your friends and ignores including the comments across your other chars
- update friends and ignore data between your chars
- optional merge HoloFriends comments during sharing
- share and update whole groups of friends and ignores
- the update of groups optional marks not existing friends/ignores at the destination list
- merge the lists of some or all your chars to one faction wide friends/ignore list
- allow separation of your chars from the faction wide friends/ignore list
- HoloFriends help (FAQ) at the interface options panel
- optional show the list of online friends in the chat window at startup
- substitute all friend names and your char names, i.e. to the letter box
You would like to have HoloFriends at your language?
I'm looking for translators to HoloFriends and the WEB page content.
Send me a note at curse, if you want to join the team as translator. The translations are easily managed with a WEB interface.
Public translations at curse are closed.
- The project home is:
- There you will find a ticket system for feature requests and bug reports:
Andymon - German (deDE)
zwlong9069 - Simplified Chinese (zhCN)
Aladdinn, zwlong9069, skywalkertw - Traditional Chinese (zhTW)
marturo77 - Latin American Spanish (esMX)
oXid_FoX - French (frFR)
Important note for Asian clients:
If you drag a RealID friend for the first time in the HoloFriends friends list to move it to an other group, you are ask to type the name of the RealID friend.
Asian names may need a trailing space at the name.
Thats, because EU and US names consits of two parts, the given name and the surname. Both parts are separated by a space at the server. Some Asian names have no separate part, but the server require the space as separator to the not used surname.
Does this mod show when your friends were last logged on? I find that a very useful thing.
HoloFriends show you for your friends the date of last seen. As I know, its only possible to get the date of last login for guild members.
Anybody know what checking the little boxes does?
There are little check-boxes in front of the player names (have a look at the screenshot "Display all friends"). If this box is checked, then the friend is included in the in-game friends list of WoW, else the friend is only included in the friends list of HoloFriends.
Friends in the in-game friends list of WoW are online updated by the game and you see the current status. But the in-game friends list has a limit of max. 100 friends.
Friends without the checked box (only included in the friends list of HoloFriends) are not monitored by the game. The status of this friends has to be checked using the "/who" command of WoW (click the "/who scan" button). This check is relatively slow, because the game force a time break between the execution of two "/who" commands.
It says "update the status of friends (>100), not monitored online by WoW, with one button click" but that doesnt make it very clear.
Because of the slow scan with /who for the friends, not included in the in-game friends list of WoW (check-box at the friend not checked), a status update for this friends is not done automatically. You have to start the "/who Scan" manually by one click at the red button "/who Scan" in the upper right corner of the friends list window.
Keep in Mind: If the "/who Scan" is running, the /who command will not work.
Why is "set focus" disabled in some pull down menus?
I had to disable it, because with normal menu modifications you would get an error message "function blocked by blizzard".
The setup of the focus seem to be an overall protected function in the game. It is a feature of the game, that protected functions don't work, if there is any unsigned modification of its appearing window, in this case the pull down menu.
Thats, I included options in the HoloFriends options panel to disable the menu-modifications of HoloFriends, to enable the "set focus" pull down menu entry.
Optional I included a new method to modify pull-down menus without this problem (called tainting). But this methode uses basic menu functions, which could get changed or protected in the future. Thats, the default methode is still included.
Why is in a raid in combat the raidmember window empty, if HoloFriends is loaded?
This should not happen anymore, because HoloFriends now uses its own independent window.
It is a feature of the game, that protected windows don't work in combat, if there is any unsigned modification of its appearing window.
The raid-window is part of the friends-window, where also the friends list window is a part of it. The friends list window was in the past modified by HoloFriends. And HoloFriends is not signed by Blizz.
Is there a way to keep the groups and membership in those groups in sync across your alts?
You can use a faction wide friends list for some or all your alts, where all this chars using the same friends list in HoloFriends. Also the online friends list at the server is synchronized.
Or you can manually sync single groups of your alts.
The addition to the faction wide friends list and also the sync of single groups is accomplished at the share frame of HoloFriends. You find it over the lowermost middle button at the friends list window or by navigating to "Main menu -> Interface -> Addon's -> HoloFriends -> Share friends".
To add a char to the faction wide friends list, select it from the pull down button in the upper part of the window, and click at the add button in the lower part of the window, in the faction wide friends list section. Do not mark any entry in the lists.
To share/update a group with other chars of you, select the origin char from the pull down button on top of the lists. Mark the groups to share at the check button of the group in the left list. Mark your destination chars at the right list, and click at the "add"/"update"-button below the lists. "add" only add not existing friends to the groups of the destination chars and "update" synchronice the data of all friends of the selected groups with your selected destination chars.
There is an option at the HoloFriends options panel, which allow to mark removed friends at the origin group in the group of the destination chars. Friends are moved to other selected groups automatically, but not removed from the groups. You have to remove it manually.
Thanks for the intro. Will this also keep the groups and members in sync or will i have to follow this proceduce each time i add a member to a group and or create new groups? It would be great if there was an option to keep these in sync without the "update" process you described.
The faction wide friends list feature of HoloFriends is what you are looking for. For its use, see the description above.
The faction wide friends list is one single friends list for some or all your alts of one faction of the realm. There is no sharing anymore. All changes to the friends list are done for all chars, and the online friends lists at the WoW-server of your alts are synchronized at login.
But, there is a limit with this faction wide friends list feature: HoloFriends needs priority over the friends lists of WoW. This means, that no other friends list addon will work together with HoloFriends for the chars of you, which are using the faction wide friends list feature.
I wonder if it's possible to remove a friend from one character and then sync that remove to the other characters. Ie if I remove friend X from my char and then select the other chars will it remove the friend from their lists too?
If you are using the faction wide friends list, the online friends lists of your alts at the server are updated to the state of the HoloFriends friends list after you login to the alt with HoloFriends loaded. Thats, if you remove a friend from the faction wide HoloFriends friends list, it is removed automaticly from the servers friends list at login to your alt.
If you are using the normal mode with single friends lists for all your alts, you have to share the group in the share panel of HoloFriends to your alts. If one friend in the shared group was removed, it is optional only marked (strike through) at the friends lists of your alts, but not removed. You have to remove it manually after login to your alt. (Thats, to allow the support of other addons.)
Is there a way to automatically sync your friends lists or a way to select all the names in the manual sync? Unless I am missing something, I've only been able to sync by clicking on each individual name one at a time.
You can also share whole groups by checking the group. After checking, the group is collapsed, but has still the check-box checked.
My other friend list addon don't work like expected if I'm using HoloFriends too. Is HoloFriends not compatible?
Yes / No
HoloFriends should be compatible to other addons, if you are using single friends lists for every char of you.
The faction wide friends list feature of HoloFriends is not compatible with some other friend list addons. Mainly adding or removing friends by other addons is ignored by the faction wide friends list of HoloFriends, because the faction wide friends list needs priority over the in-game friends list. Thats, if you make changes to the in-game friends list without HoloFriends loaded, the faction wide friends list of HoloFriends will undo it, the next time HoloFriends is loaded. So, if you play at different computers or don't use HoloFriends all time, you should not use the faction wide friends list feature of Holofriends.
Some time ago I used HoloFriends with a faction wide friends list, but played without it for some time now. If I'm now load HoloFriends again, will it undo all my changes to the friends list I've done in the meantime?
If a faction wide friends list was not used for a time of more then 30 days, HoloFriends will ask you at login, if you want to load it and undo all other changes or start with your actual single in-game friends list. The faction wide friends list still exist, and you can access it over the sharing window.
HoloFriends addon created by Holo, continued by Zappster, followed by Andymon
Get the latest version at wow.curse.com
This adds an enhanced friends list.
You will love it ;)
0.470: (by Andymon)
* search the friends and ignore list for names and comments
* display the search results in a search group which allow mass invite
* use the # sign to hide keywords in front of the comments
* mark a friend to monitor its status and show a message window if he came online
* disabled rename and remove pulldown menu buttons for FRIENDS, IGNORE, SEARCH group
* fix for some edit boxes where the ENTER key was not working
* fix for not reacting friends list after removing the online status from a friend
(after removing a friend from the in-game friends list,
the server is not sending a confirmation anymore)
0.464: (by Andymon)
* fix for continued who messages if a monk is in your friends list
* fix for the display of class colors or class icons for monk friends
* fix for the add friend button at the who window (now with hook to HoloFriends)
0.463: (by Andymon)
* fix to allow the invite of RealID friends to a group and set the chars faction
* fix to allow the friend list invite of RealID friends with the battle tag
* fix to set and sync online note and comments for RealID friends
* fix to allow the remove of a RealID friend from the friends list
0.462: (by Andymon)
* added comment line to option chapter headings (use like an option chapter heading,
but the string has to start with left parenthesis)
* update to the localization for zhTW (Thanks to skywalkertw)
* localisation files converted to UTF-8
* implemented optional window buttons (the order of activation in the options window
determines the display order of the buttons)
* new menu buttons: HoloFriends's ignore button in chat-pull-down menus removed
(use in-game provided menu button for ignore)
* fix to disable for groups the sub-menu, which move friends or ignore to other group
* fix to update the open ignore window after the change of options
0.461 (beta): (by Andymon)
* fix to whisper to RealID friends (now existing two whisper functions - /w and /cw)
0.460 (beta): (by Andymon)
-> not working jet: optional window buttons
-> known problems: new methode to add menu buttons is not setting server for ignores
* updated localization for zhTW (Thanks to skywalkertw)
* fix to the display of RealID friends
* friends and ignore list buttons (entries) are now created dynamically
* added all functions to the pulldown menu of the HoloFriends list buttons
+ add friend or ignore adds to the group of the clicked list button
+ sub-menu to move friend or ignore directly to a group
+ menu entries are now referenced by name than index
+ added group menu entry to invite all online friends of a group at once
* added optional display of the number of online friends for every group
* added toggle button to open and close all groups at once
* introduce a methode to add menu buttons without tainting -> optional
(HoloFriends_DropDownList1_OnShow, HFF_CreateMenuButton, HFF_AddMenuButtons)
* defined space and position of the HoloFriends windows like the friends window
* included time delay to allow switch from HoloFriends window to friends window
* fixed middle button clicks by registering the button
* removed the call of sub-routines of the FriendsWindow, because of tainting
* more easy handling of options
+ added a function to create the text sections in the options and FAQ window
+ added arrays to assign the index to the names and strings
* fix of autocompletion for own chars, if together in guild
* added an option to switch the order of real name and char name for RealID
friends in the friends list
* the turn button at bottom center now switch the display of
area -> comment -> broadcast behind the friends name
* using only one modified button template for friends and ignore lists
* created a HoloFriends frame template for the friends and ignore list
* added missing elements to the HoloFriends frame template to make the
HoloFriends friends and ignore frame independent of the in-game FriendsFrame
0.459: (by Andymon)
* fix of the list display of realID friends
* rearranged the friends and ignore list window
(scale change of the in-game top friends window with patch 4.3)
0.458: (by Andymon)
* TOC change only
0.457: (by Andymon)
* fix for dialog at load of a long time unused faction wide list
* fix to disable invalid menu entries in the HoloFriends menues
(the menu initialization and update changed a little with 4.0.1)
0.456: (by Andymon)
* fix for keyed BNet names with 4.0.1 and unavailable identifier of friends
* request of clear type nameas identifier if moving of BNet friend is used
0.455: (by Andymon)
* fix a bug with the displaced option to set the date format
0.454: (by Andymon)
* fixes to delete char data correctly
* fixes to update display at delete of actual char
* fix for not enabled options after the separation of the actual char from
the faction wide friends list
* fix for unsorted friends list of the actual char at the share window
* fix to show SC2 string at tooltip of BNet friends
* fix to show question mark as level for BNet friends at SC2
* fix for the not showing BNet name if class colors are switched off
* Compatible with WoW 4.0.1 (Beta): replaced wide edit box with a sized edit box
0.453: (by Andymon)
* Fixed a bug during addon load if HoloFriends access a realm the first time
0.452: (by Andymon)
* Fixed a bug during the display of the tooltip by mouse over a BNet-friend
0.451: (by Andymon)
* Added more parameter checks to the functions, to trap very slow or incomplete
server response (mainly with BNet)
0.450: (by Andymon)
* Implementation of RealID friends (extended friends tooltip, friends list
check box not changeable, but show server status)
* Disabled the merge mode for friends list notes and comments in
faction wide friends list (feature not possible in faction wide list)
* During the add of a friend at the command line, one now can add a note
behind the friends name
* Optional show the char name behind the real name for BNet friends
0.443: (by Andymon)
* Fixes for patch 3.3.5:
+ CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM message become a table some time
+ activation of chat frame edit box
+ overlapping display of new friends window components
* Clicking the FrameToggleTab twice opens the in-game friends or ignore list
0.442: (by Andymon)
* Fix of no remove of online ignore at single ignore list
* Fix of no update of ignore list display at window open
* Add of some more debug outputs
* French localizations
0.441: (by Andymon)
* Fix of menu background error at pull down menus at windows without a name
0.440: (by Andymon)
* Output anonymization for screenshots
* Fix to the pull-down menu background handling
* Added some FAQ-entries from the curse-board
* Middle mouse button unmark and set friend as offline
(for friends not at in-game friends list)
* Decreased the brightness of the area string for offline friends
(better separation from online friends)
* Added hook for the commands /friend, /removefriend, /ignore, and /unignore
(which is working with the faction wide friends list)
* Added tooltip for disabled menu entries
* Ignore all chat messages and invitations to group, guild, and duel for
* Ignore list has now the same functionality like the friends list
(which include an ignores share window, offline ignores, faction wide
ignore list, ...)
* Fix of AutoComplete by taking also guild list into account (prevent multiple
times the same entry in list)
* Option to change the date format used to show date of last seen in friends
* Optional sort all online friends at the top of the group list
* Save and set data for your own chars (if included in the friends list)
* Seperate option for all different type of the pull-down menu modifications
(target, party, raid, friend)
* Fix for the background displayed at the ignore list
* Included "FRIEND" pull-down menu to the option which disable all menu
* Disable "RAID_MAINTANK" list entry in the raid pull-down menu
* Fix to get realm name for the AddIgnore() call at the Pull-down menus
* Initially hide friend-buttons - setup at list creation (prevent show of
* Reload friends list from server only once at list update
* Optional show list of online friends in the chat window at startup
* Optional show level of friends at the friends list after the name
* Show location of friend at the friends list tooltip
* Fixed who-scan of single friend, if clicked at its name in the friends list
* Moved friends online check to CheckWhoListResult (cleanup of the hooks)
* Fixed order of local and server list check for faction wide friends list
(there server list need to be cleaned first to get space for additions by
* The Friends list display is only updated, if visible
* Moved computation of the counters to the friends list display update function
0.435: (by Andymon)
* oXid_FoX translated HoloFriends partly to french (frFR). Many thanks.
0.434: (by Andymon)
* Bug fix, if first login at a realm with a faction, where a char at the
other faction already exist
* Fix for merging of HoloFriends comments with in-game notes
0.433: (by Andymon)
* Bug fix, if in-game friends list has empty fields
(maybe updated during processing)
* small changes in zhTW localization
0.432: (by Andymon)
* Bug fix, if someone login the first time at a realm with HoloFriends.
0.431: (by Andymon)
* Bug fix, if the char is at the faction wide friends list and an other addon
is adding a friend to the in-game friends list.
* Bug fix a timing problem at load of options and friends list.
* Added a delay for the addition of friends by other addons to the HoloFriends
list (not for faction wide list).
If the friend vanish during this delay, it is also removed from the
* Include comlete translation to Traditional Chinese (zhTW) by Aladdinn. Many thanks.
0.430: (by Andymon)
* added homepage layout to localization to manage the translation with the
* added feature list to help page and localization
* renamed all localization strings to order it by name
* rewrite of the option window layout and handling to easier add or change options
* added switch to change text displayed behind the friends to area/comment
* added dialog to load faction wide friends list if not used for a long time
* optional remove groups without online friends from the friends list
* new implementation of player name auto-complete after patch 3.2.0
* sharing of groups now optional mark (strike through) friends in the friends
list, if not existing at the sharing source
* changes in the friends window update now also the share window if open
* fix to friends list update function (now better event driven - run now only
once the time)
* added warning message about priority of HoloFriends during creation of
faction wide friends list
* added the possibility to delete chars at other realms than the actual one
* added a message, if one of your friends vanished from the online friends list
* added separation of chars from the faction wide friends list
* added dialog for group handling during merging with faction wide friends list
* merge the friends lists of some or all chars to one faction wide friends list
* make use of a faction wide friends list, if the char has no own friends list
* handling of merge-button to faction wide friends list with warning
* share window modified to prepare the handling of a faction wide friends list
* options window now scalable in size and with scrollbar
* added FAQ-frame to interface options panel
* added Latin American Spanish (esMX) localization by marturo77 (Many thanks!)
0.423: (by Andymon)
* disabled PlayerNameAutocomplete as temporary fix after patch
0.422: (by Andymon)
* bug fix for the onstate of connected friends not monitored online
0.421: (by Andymon)
* an other try to fix the bug with wrong friends class
0.42: (by Andymon)
* fixed a bug if the friends class was an empty string (for any reason) and not nil
* added option for merging of shared HoloFriends comments
* added the feature to manually update friend data between your chars
* added sharing out of groups
* only use own chars of the same faction in the share list
* added check buttons for sharing of groups
* added a faction list for own chars
* expanded share interface (larger name list fields)
0.411: (by Andymon)
* fixed ChatFrame_AddMessageEventFilter handler (new parameters with WoW 3.1)
* rearranged the share frame for a better fit in the options frame
* moved the share frame to the options menu at "Interface" -> "AddOns"
* fixed delete of a char from the command line
* fixed green color of the location text for friends in the same region
0.41: (by Andymon)
* added weekday to last seen
* fixed a bug which appeared by adding a player with a name starting with a
non ASCII letter
* added Chinese localization by zwlong9069 (Many thanks!)
* added option to disable pull down menu modifications to allow set focus to work
* the first 48 letters of the comments to friends are now also saved in the
in-game friends notes
+ -> option to merge comments and notes
+ -> option to overwrite the notes by the comments or vice versa
* separate localization files
* added optional display of friend names in its class colors
* class icon display is now optional
* code change of share-window list display function like in friends and ignore
* the number of server monitored friends adjusted to 100
* rewrite of friends and ignore list display functions
+ -> if no scrollbar is shown, the additional space is now used for text
* added an options menu to "Interface" -> "AddOns"
* removed French localization, because most text was changed and not localized
* defined some functions and additional variables as local
* added an optional black opaque background to the pull down menus
* replaced ChatFrame_MessageEventHandler hook by ChatFrame_AddMessageEventFilter
0.40: (by Andymon)
* adapted the xml-code to the release 3.0.3 of WoW
* included actual scroll bars
* included the voice-ignore list (the button is at the ignore list)
* replaced all "this"-references by "self"
* improved the sort algorithm (should now sort all groups correctly)
* bug with player check box not working if group name = player name fixed
* the disable of add-friend and add-ignore entries in menus works now if the
player is already in one of the lists
* who-output and who-popup-window are now suppressed during list-scan and at
click to the friends-list
+ -> the suppress of who-output is now language independet
(should now work for all clients)
* implemented language independent class handling using server-class-strings
+ -> this required to change the list-format
(the list is corrected during load)
+ Because the old list included no server-class-entries, expect missing
class-icons during the first few times of using the friend list.
You need first to see an online friend of this class, to get its
* cleanup of the code with some minor bug fixes that I forget to note
- new feature by Ithilyn: scan all not monitored friends via /who
- new feature by Ithilyn: last seen in comments
- minor bugfixes
- new feature: added share-friends-dialog
- minor bugfixes
- removed support for FriendNotes, HoloWar
- new friends will be added with notify by default
(if there are less than 50 friends on your notifylist)
- menu entries are back
- bugfix: scrollbar definition in .xml
- updated to LUA 5.1 and Wow 2.0, the menu entries were removed
(I'm still working on that issue)
- based on a HoloFriends version with enhancements from Veithflo
- bugfix: fixed nil error introduced with 0.10, I should stop for today;(
- bugfix: reenabled send message and invite button, sorry for this bug:(
- bugfix: add friend/ignore entry is no longer clickable if player is already
in one of your lists
- bugfix: fixed nil bug when trying to move ignore group
- new feature: groups can now be renamed
- new feature: the number of online friends is now displayed in the lower
- new feature: you can now have more than 50 friends in your list, the online
state of 49 can be monitored
- new feature: added who request to following drop down menues:
target, party, raid, who, guild, and chat
(the entries in the guild and who menu are maybe useless, but
who, guild and chat all use the same drop down)
- localisation: included french localisation done by Feu
- localisation: removed error messages on non english/german/french clients,
an empty icon is displayed instead
- localisation: class icons do show up on french clients
- bugfix: fixed a bug when dragging groups
- bugfix: shift click works as intended now in the add ignore dialog
- new feature: added add friend and add ignore to following drop down menues:
target, party, raid, who, guild, and chat
(the entries in the guild menu are maybe useless, but who,
guild and chat all use the same drop down)
- new feature: added ignore list support
- bugfix: removed a field error that could occur when removing the last group
and it was empty
- bugfix: drop down menu items are disabled if not applicable
- bugfix: the list entry text is now truncated if it is too long
- feature request: does import FriendNotes
- feature request: new checkbox: toggles show/hide offline friends
- bugfix: another way to add wrong spelled friends eliminated
- bugfix: wrong spelled friends are no longer added
- changed: inserted more nil and index sanity checks
- bugfix: fixed bug with empty list and resulting nil error
- bugfix: drag and drop with long friendslists
- feature request: added FriendsFacts functionality
- feature request: friends are now added to the selected group
(if none is selected, they are added to the default list)
- initial release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,129,948 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 498,005 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 335,742 Monthly Downloads
- 323,867 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 297,532 Monthly Downloads