Multiboxing and group leveling helper that aims to minimize the number of times you need to actively control secondary characters.
The goal is that you only need to control a secondary character when it is necessary to interact with an NPC (eg. loot a quest item, turn in a quest, or take a taxi flight). Scroll down for a full list of features.
Hydra is not a replacement for key cloning software — addons can’t cast spells, target units, or perform many other actions, so you will still need some way to send your key strokes and mouse clicks to your secondary characters’ instances of WoW.
/hydra” for options, or browse to the Hydra panel in the standard Interface Options window. Some common commands can also be keybound in the Key Bindings window.
Use RealID Toons Fix if your WoW accounts are linked to the same Battle.net account, to make sure that RealID messages get directed to your primary character. This is a general Battle.net problem, not a multiboxing specific problem, so I probably will not duplicate this functionality in Hydra.
Works in all languages. Translated into English, Español, Français, Русский (parital), and 한국어 (partial). To add or update translations for any language, please enter them on the CurseForge project page, and then send me a PM to let me know you’ve made changes.
Post a comment on WoWInterface. If you are reporting a bug, please first make sure you have the latest version from this page, and then include detailed instructions I can follow to reproduce the bug myself, whether the bug still happens when all other addons are disabled, and the exact text of the accompanying error message (if any).
If you are requesting a new feature, please first check that it’s not on the big list of things addons cannot do.
If you do not have a WoWInterface account, and don’t want to create one, you can post on the WowAce forums with your Curse account instead.
Full Feature List
Hydra operates on the basis of “trust”. You tell it which characters you trust, whether they're your multibox characters or just your questing buddies, and features are enabled or disabled depending on whether you’re in a party with trusted characters or not. For example, whispers are only forwarded to party chat if everyone in the party is on your trusted list.
You can add or remove names to your trusted list in the options panel. There's also an option to add everyone in your current party to your trusted list, for quick setup for multiboxing groups.
- Accepts summons and resurrections.
- Declines duels, guilds, and arena teams.
- Repairs equipment and sells junk to vendors.
- Forwards whispers to secondary characters to party chat.
- Forwards responses in party chat back to the sender as a whisper from the secondary character.
- Notifies you when a party member starts or stops following you.
- Type “/followme” or “/fme” to command all party members to follow you.
- Type “/corpse accept” to make all other party members who are ghosts accept their corpse.
- Type “/corpse release” to make all other party members who are dead release their spirit.
- Causes other characters in the party (and in range) to mount when you mount.
- Accepts party invitations from trusted characters.
- Request a party invitation by typing “/inviteme name”, where “name” is the target. If no target is specified, your current target unit will be used.
- Request a promotion to party leader by typing “/promoteme”.
- Shares quests accepted from NPCs
- Accepts quests shared from players
- Accepts escort type quest starts
- Abandons quests abandoned by trusted party members
- Turns in completed quests (you still need to choose a reward if there’s a choice)
- Accepts quests that another party member already accepted
- Autoselects the last taxi node selected by anyone in the party in the last 60 seconds.
- Type “/cleartaxi” to manually clear the selection for the current character.
- Hold the Shift key when interacting with the flight master to bypass this module’s functionality.
Limitations & Caveats
Chat module limitations:
Real ID whispers and conversations are not currently forwarded, but you will be notified if a secondary character recieves one.
Whispers containing a high number of “spam words” (words that commonly appear in goldselling, powerleveling, phishing, or other spam) are forwarded as “POSSIBLE SPAM” instead of the actual text.
Whisper forwarding is disabled in non-trusted parties, and there is currently no notification if someone whispers a secondary character in this situation.
Primary character detection:
Hydra currently offers two methods for detecting the primary character. By default, it assumes that the primary character is the party leader. You can use the options panel to switch to checking for applicaton focus instead, but this method will not work for “true” multiboxers, and may not work if you run multiple clients in windowed mode.
Advanced Chat Usage
If whispers from multiple senders are forwarded to party chat, your responses in party chat are assumed to be directed toward the sender of the most recently forwarded whisper. You can respond to a previously forwarded whisper by prefacing your message in party chat with “@name”, where “name” is the name of your character that forwarded the whisper.
If whispers from multiple senders are forwarded by the same character, you can respond to a previous message by whispering that character with “@name message”, where “name” is the name of the person you want “message” to be whispered to. You can also use this feature to have your secondary characters send whispers to people who haven’t already whispered you.
- Fixed sending /followme without a target
- Fixed instance chat channel detection
- Fixed chat master detection method option dropdown
- Added "Work Order" quests to the automation blacklist
- Added missing Spanish translations
- Updated for WoW 5.4
- Added an option to resume following when leaving combat
- Added a quest blacklist to prevent automating certain quests (eg. suboptimal Tillers turnins)
- Added checks to prevent attempting to turn in repeatable quests that aren't complete (eg. you need 6 Dread Amber Shards to turn in Seeds of Fear)
- Fixed an issue with realm names containing spaces
- Fixed an issue preventing guild invite declining from fully disabling until a reload/relog
- Chat: Added support for forwarding Battle.net whispers and conversations
- Follow: Fixed the follow key binding
- Mount: Removed dependency on LibMountInfo, since changes in the library make it useless for Hydra's purposes
- Quest: Added an option to accept all quests, in addition to shared quests
- Quest: Added support for starting quests from items
- Quest: Hide the useless gossip window for auto-pickup quests
- Quest: Fixed turnin of quests with multiple valueless rewards
- Quest: Fixed turnin of auto-completing quests
- Quest: Fixed quest reward selection for class-filtered rewards in MoP
- Quest: Fixed accepting escort quests started by others
- Fixed a call to a function that was removed in WoW 5.0
- Added French translations from Araldwenn
- Added Russian translations from Piton4
- Updated Spanish translations from Valdesca
- Updated for WoW 5.0
- Removed an unused library
- Updated for WoW 5.x (Mists of Pandaria).
- Added basic support for raids. Not really tested. Please report issues.
- Added an option for "/followme" auto-targeting: When this option is enabled and you are targeting a group member, the command will be sent only to that group member.
- Added "/followme" targeting: If names are entered with the command, the command will be sent only to the specified character(s). Example: "/followme Charone Charthree".
- Fixed multiple options panel issues.
- Fixed party invitations from trusted characters not being accepted automatically for some people due to inconsistencies in Blizzard UI/API behavior between different WoW installations
- Fixed the "Add Current Group" button for adding all members of the current group to the trusted list
- Fixed party invitations from trusted characters not being accepted automatically due to changes in the Blizzard UI code
- Fixed class coloring of sender names in whisper forwarding
- Slightly improved the efficiency of spam checking in whisper forwarding
- Updated for WoW 4.3
- Fixed the "Add Name" input option
- Updated for WoW 4.2
- Updated for WoW 4.1
- Updated and fixed the localization of all modules
- Reworked the options layout
- Added in-game help text for some modules (more to come)
- Added Spanish localization
- Fixed a bug in the mount module
- Fixed the auto quest turnin option
- Fixed a bug in the quest module when turning a quest to an NPC who offered multiple quests
- Added embedded copies of the libraries needed for the options panel, so you don’t need to download Ace3 separately or depend on other addons including it
- Added LibMounts-1.0 to mount module for improved mount selection support between characters who don’t have the same mount
- Added an optional DataBroker launcher
- Fixed names added to/removed from trust list via options panel not saving between sessions
- Limited quest automation to one pickup/turnin per click on NPC to prevent some bugs
- Added "/corpse release" and "/corpse accept" commands
- Added option to the Follow module to show/hide chat messages
- Added basic spam detection to try to prevent forwarding spam whispers
- Added trust list management functions to the options panel
- Settings are now saved on a per-character basis
- Added backwards compatibility for WoW 3.2 (still live in China)
- Added mount speed data so my blood elf paladin and warlock don't have to ride around on rainbow cocks
- Added quest turnin notification to quest module
- Fixed completed quest turnins (no idea how that "not" got in there)
- Fixed global nil value error in automation module
- Fixed application focus detection in chat module
- Fixed party module trying to respond to the player's promotion request
- Fixed "/promoteme" command
- Changed "/inviteme" command to accept a name, but still fall back on using the current target
- Changed quest module comm prefixes to be more distinctive
- Turned off debugging for all modules
- Added options (requires standalone Ace3, and not extensively tested)
- Fixed quest turn-ins
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,499,517 Monthly Downloads
- 1,336,030 Monthly Downloads
- 524,394 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 439,425 Monthly Downloads
- 416,078 Monthly Downloads