If you have tried to recreate some of the processes I do in my glyph factory I am sure you have ran into some of the same issues that I have. Building my queue of glyphs to make was one of the most repetitive and time consuming parts of the system. This mod made that step instant for me.
Kev Tool Queue (KTQ) will auto queue items that match a keyword into skillet. You tell it how many you want to have and it will check with altoholic to see how many you already have. It will then only craft the ones you need. It also has optional support for auctioneer to check prices and have it skip any item listed too low. You can use any keyword, but it has a few built in.
The beauty of this mod is its simplicity. It does have a few simple features that give it a lot of power. Here is a quick sample of the commands. I will be covering more features over the next few days and show you how to get more out of it.
Open up your tradeskill window in skillet and for inscription type this command: /KTQ QUEUE 2 GLYPH
So the syntax is like this: /KTQ QUEUE [number to queue] [keyword to match]
/KTQ HELP for more info
So the main command is “/KTQ QUEUE [NUMBER] [KEYWORD]“
So any item that partially matches that keyword will be added to the queue. I did start with 3 groups of items but later opened it up to any keyword search. The build in groups are GLYPHS, EPICGEMS, RAREGEMS. I know its silly to have a group called glyphs when the work glyph will work as a keyword and get them all. I already had that group in place before the keyword thing so I left it.
Because its a keyword match, it does a live check of your craft list. If you don’t know it, it does not try to queue it. If blizzard adds something new, this should still work and pick up the new thing.
I do have other features built in to target the different ways people make glyphs. It can be set up to craft extra items when you run out. If you have 0 in stock, it can add 2 extra to the queue. It has a threshold feature that will allow it to check your recent Auctioneer scan and only craft items you find to be profitable. This works best with glyphs and gems where the mats for everything is basically a set cost.
It will also skip singles if you want. When I was making 14 at a time by hand, I would often just skip of the ones I needed to craft only one of. I craft them all now that its automated but it was an easy feature to add.
Like any command line mod, you can put commands in macros.
I have a group in place for gems. Several people manage the different colors differently. I would use a macro like this:
/ktq queue 5 solid sky saphire /ktq queue 2 forest emerald /ktq queue 3 monarch topaz /ktq queue 6 scarlet ruby
Now looking at this, you can do the same thing for other professions. /ktq queue 20 netherweave bag /ktq queue 5 frostweave bag
Another feature it provides is adding bonus items for those that sell out. Its a simple feature and here is another way to do that.
/ktq queue 3 glyphs /ktq queue 14 glyphs
It will queue up for items that you have less then 3 of and then it will do the same for a stack of 14. So the result is if something sells out, it will queue up 17 of them. If you have 1 it will queue up 15 for you.
KTQ requires these exact mods and versions. You will get nasty errors if you have the wrong version installed. At this point in time I only have the correct link for my mod. I will get exact links set up for the others.
- KTQ: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/kevtool-queue.aspx
- Skillet: [link to be posted later] (NOT THE ONE ON CURSE)
- Altoholic: [link to be posted later]
- Datastore: [link to be posted later]
- Auctioneer (Optional): [link to be posted later]
KTQ on other sites
- Kevmar: KTQ related posts http://www.ithinkincode.com/warcraft/index.php/tag/ktq/
- AH-Whoring: Video Guide to Kevmar's KTQ http://www.ah-whoring.com/2009/10/30/video-guide-to-kevmars-ktq/
- The Happy Scribe: The Arts of Jewelcrafting http://thehappyscribe.blogspot.com/2009/10/arts-of-jewelcrafting.html
- Phase 3 Profit: My little special setup on Glyph Industry http://phase3profit.net/2009/09/my-little-special-setup-on-glyph-industry/
Updated to work with wow client 4.0 Now supports GnomeWorks as the primary craft interface instead of skillet.
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,172,613 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 491,839 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 393,478 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 350,761 Monthly Downloads
- 329,575 Monthly Downloads