UPDATE: Project cancelled due to issues with some API (e.g. CanComplainChat) requiring the full server name of the player, which this library would break.
This library creates a chat filter for every single chat event. It calls Ambiguate(player, "none") to remove the server name from player names. The point of this library is to have its filters be the ones that run first, so that all subsequent filters from other addons receive the player name with the server trimmed off. This saves every single addon using chat filters from needing to trim server names to use unit functions such as UnitInRaid, UnitClass, etc, which don't work when passing player names with your *own* server name appended to it. With any luck these unit functions will accept names with your server appended to them in a future WoW patch. If that happens, then this library can be killed off. It's an easier approach than modifying every addon using chat filters to remove any trimming functionality.
2014-05-15 15:16:34 +0100
Tagging as v1.1
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,428,506 Monthly Downloads
- 1,076,360 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory, Mail, Quests & Leveling, Professions, and Guild
- 378,434 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 349,994 Monthly Downloads
- 329,937 Monthly Downloads