Requires: LibStub, CallbackHandler-1.0
With 5.0 a new C_PetJournal API was introduced, and unfortunately the old GetCompanionInfo API no longer works properly (it does not, for example, know anything about non-combat pets obtained before the account-wide merge, and you also can no longer summon non-combat pets using it).
This library provides the list of player owned pet ids and all species ids, which can be used with C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID() and C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoBySpeciesID().
It primarily deals with two problems with scanning the pet journal:
- Filters: The Pet Journal filters are cleared and then restored, as they affect the return values given from C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByIndex()
- Updating in response to event: Manipulating the Pet Journal filters causes PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE to fire, which is also the only event that always fires when you lose or gain a pet. Filter manipulation is detected and we never try to rescan pets in response. When this is not the case, a CallbackHandler event is fired which can be used to safely detect changes to the pet list.
local LibPetJournal = LibStub("LibPetJournal-2.0") local function ScanPets() for _,petid in LibPetJournal:IteratePetIDs() do local speciesID, customName, level, xp, maxXp, displayID, isFavorite, name, icon, petType, creatureID, sourceText, description, isWild, canBattle, tradable, unique = C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petid) if name == "Feline Familiar" then print("Player has a cat in a hat.") end end end ScanPets()
If you wanted to automatically scan for little cats in hats when the pet list changes, you could register a callback, such as:
LibPetJournal.RegisterCallback(addon, "PetListUpdated", ScanPets)
Obviously you would normally use the speciesID or creatureID return values from C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID() to find a particular pet, but this is just a silly example.
2013-05-04 Robin Schoonover <email@example.com>
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 999,752 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 466,028 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 340,607 Monthly Downloads
- 314,809 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 293,027 Monthly Downloads