LibPlayerSpells-1.0 is a library providing data about the spells of the eleven character classes in World of Warcraft. It also includes additional spells derived from racial traits and other sources. The word “spells” is used here in the general sense; it includes active skills as well as passive spells that are found in the players’ spellbook. Buffs and debuffs that are applied by the player from other sources are also covered.
This library is born from the need to centralize similar data used in several addons to reduce the maintenance cost and to have a better consistency across those addons.
It provides answers to questions like:
- Does this spell have a cooldown ?
- Does this spell apply one or several buff(s) or debuff(s) ?
- Is this spell a survival cooldown, or used for dps ?
- Does this spell regenerate mana or some other resource ?
- Is this spell a raid wide buff ?
- What are the survival buffs of all the classes ?
- Which spell interrupt abilities are available ?
Each class has his own data file that can be updated separately from the main code.
Supported classes & specs
Not all classes and specializations are 100% supported yet. However, most interrupts, dispels, survival cooldowns and raid buffs are complete.
If LibPlayerSpells is missing something specific from your class please file a detailed bug on Github or contribute to the project yourself if you are feeling brave! In the second case, be sure to read the contribution guidelines.
Copy the library files in your addon and list the lib.xml file in the TOC file.
LibPlayerSpells-1.0 uses LibStub:
local LibPlayerSpells = LibStub('LibPlayerSpells-1.0')
Querying information from a spell
You can then obtain information about a given spell with GetSpellInfo:
local flags, providers, modifiedSpells[, moreFlags] = LibPlayerSpells:GetSpellinfo(spellId)
spellIdis the numerical spell identifier.
flagsis a bitfield containing data about the spells (see below).
providersis the identifier (or a table of) identifier(s) of the spell(s) to; said otherwise, if the provider is not found in the player’s spellbook, the given spell is unavailable. For example, the provider spell can be a passive spell given by a talent.
modifiedSpellsis the (or a table of) identifier(s) of the spell(s) affected by the given spells.
- if the given spell is a special case (see below),
moreFlagscontains another bitfield.
Querying the spell database
You can iterate the database, looking for certain spells, using IterateSpells:
for spellId, flags, providers, modifiedSpells, moreFlags in LibPlayerSpells:IterateSpells(oneOfFlags, requiredFlags, rejectedFlags) do -- Do something with the loot end
moreFlags have the same meaning as the values returned by GetSpellinfo.
spellId is obviously the numerical identifier of the current spell.
The three method arguments are used to build a filter. They are bitmask specifications. They can be passed as an numerical bitmask computed using
bit.bor and library constants, or an a string containing the flags separated by white spaces or commas. For example,
bit.bor(LibPlayerSpells.constants.HUNTER, LibPlayerSpells.constants.BURST) is the same bitmask as
IterateSpells lists all spells that:
- has at least one of the flags listed by
- and has all flags listed by
- and has none of the flags in
If a bitmask is empty or not provided, the corresponding condition is ignored. With no arguments, all spells are listed.
-- Iterate through spells that have a cooldown, are/apply an aura and are either survival or mana-regenerating skills. for spellId, flags, providers, modifiedSpells, moreFlags in LibPlayerSpells:IterateSpells("SURVIVAL REGEN_MANA", "AURA COOLDOWN") do -- Do something with it ! end
Most spell information is stored in a bitfield to compact storage and easily test or filter spells. The bit value constants are available in the LibPlayerSpells.constants table.
The presence of a specific flag can be tested this way:
if bit.band(flags, LibPlayerSpells.constants.AURA) ~= 0 then -- This spell is an aura, do something meaningful with it. end
However, the library provides a way to easily build flag tests.
Special spell types
These flags indicate special spells, that (will) have additional data.
RAIDBUFF: this is a raid buff; additional data is a bitfield indicating the provided buffs (spell haste, critical strike, ...).
CROWD_CTL: this is a crowd-control spell; no additional data yet.
INTERRUPT: this spell can interrupt spell casts; no additional data yet.
DISPEL: this spell can dispel either allies’ debuffs or enemies’ buffs; no additional data yet.
Raid buff flags
These flags are used in the additional data for raids buffs.
STATS: Strength, Agility and Intellect
ATK_POWER: Attack Power
SPL_POWER: Spell Power
CRITICAL: Critical Strike
MASTERY: Mastery Bonus
BURST_HASTE: Burst Haste (e.g. Bloodlust/Heroism)
These flags indicate the source of the spell. The constants are self-explanatory:
These flags hints about the targeting mechanism of the spell. They are exclusive most of the time.
HELPFUL: The spell can be cast on any ally, including the player and his pet.
HARMFUL: The spell can be cast on any enemy.
PERSONAL: The spell automatically targets the player.
PET: The spell automatically targets the player’s pet.
AURA: The spell applies (or is) a buff on allies, or a debuff on enemies.
UNIQUE_AURA: A given character can have only one instance of this (de)buff at a time, even if several players cast the same spell on it, e.g. Hunter’s Mark.
COOLDOWN: This spell has a meaningful cooldown.
SURVIVAL: This spell is considered a survival skill.
BURST: This spell is considered a burst skill (either damaging or healing).
MANA_REGEN: This spell allows the target to recharge their mana; e.g. Innervate.
POWER_REGEN: This spell allows the target to recharge some kind of alternative resource e.g. Energizing Brew
IMPORTANT: An important spell the player should react to.
INVERT_AURA: The aura logic of this spell is inverted. It applies a debuff on allies or a buff on enemies (this case has yet to be found), e.g. the Weakened Soul applied by Power Word: Shield.
LibPlayerSpells-1.0 is licensed using GPL v3. This means that any addon using it must have a compatible license (see there).
Guillaume Perréal <email@example.com>
2014-01-10 14:39:18 +0100
Have the wowace packager issue at least one version.
- More README updates.
- README updated.
- Preparing for the wowace.com packager and documenter.
- Added a README.
- Shaman: updated some totems and Feral Spirit.
- Druid: fixed Savage Defense buff id.
- Monk: fixed Ring of Peace targeting and Rising Sun Kick id.
- Monk: Dizzying Haze debuff has several ids.
- Shaman: added several spells for elemental spec.
Code provided by ckaotik, see #1.
- Hunter: Serpent Sting debuff has a different id for Survival.
- Druid: Omen of Clarity has different ids for feral and restoration.
- Hunter: Multi-Shot gives Beast Cleave to BM hunters.
- Monk: added a second identifier for Legacy of the Emperor.
- Monk: Power Strikes modifies Rushing Jade Wind.
- Monk: rewrote definitions using nested tables.
- Listed interrupts and dispels for all classes.
- Core: added three new spell types: crowd-control, interrupts and dispels.
- Priest: link Weakened Soul with Power Word: Shield.
- Core: added a new flag, INVERT_AURA, to indicate that an aura is a debuff on allies or a buff on enemies.
- Priest: added a bunch of aura and procs.
- Added raid buffs for all classes.
- Monk: added missing talent cooldowns and glyphed mana tea.
- Priest: added most cooldowns.
- Added survival cooldowns for DK, mage, paladin, rogue, warrior and priest.
- Warlock: typo.
- Warlock: Nether Ward does not exist anymore.
- Warlock: first version.
- Core: added an method to retrieve the list of raid buff types.
- Druid: refactored definition using nested tables.
- Core: properly propagate flags to nested tables.
- Hunter: refactored using nested tables.
- Core: allow [spellId] = true definitions.
- Hunter: added raid buffs.
- Core: typo, MASTER => MASTERY.
- Druid, Monk: added raid buffs.
- Core: added a raid buffs.
Raid buffs are denoted by a bit in the flags. The type of raid buffs is stored in a separate table.
- Racials: updated to use the new complex definition feature.
- Core: allows more complex spell defintiion, with nested tables and spell-specific flags.
- Core: filterIterator => FilterIterator.
- Core: fixed how ValidateSpellId handles nested tables.
- Core: fixed local function names.
- Core: Luadoc updates.
- Core: prefixes private attribute names with "__".
- Core: moved spell categories to their own tables so .spells only list all spells.
- Druid: added Mastery: Harmony.
- Druid: fixed Typhoon and Nature's Swiftness.
- Core: sanitized usage of globals.
- Druid: typo.
- "PROC" flag didn't exist, added "IMPORTANT" instead.
- Monk: fixed Energizing Brew and added Mana Tea.
- Hunter: fixed Fervor and Misdirection flags.
- Druid: first version.
- Core: added two new flags: MANA_REGEN and POWER_REGEN.
- Core: fixed :GetFlagTester().
- Core: use 0 as the mask for false or empty filters.
- Hunter: added Kill Shot, Lock and Load, and Bestial Wrath.
- Core: accept "UNIQUE_AURA".
- Hunter: added a bunch of spells !
- Core: added a "PET" target.
- Added stubs for all classes.
- Monk: updated providers and added modifiers.
- Core: provider spell is the modified spell by default.
- Core: allows to list several modified spells in the modifier table.
- Core: moved consitency checks after the spell list has been flattened.
- Core: added some consistency checks.
- Core: renamed "aliases" to "providers" and added modifiers.
- Core: GetVersionInfo(category) now returns (version, interface, minor).
- Core: minor comment and whitespace changes.
- Core: reordered the constants.
- Core: changed the one-uppercase-letter upvalue names to real names.
- Monk: added aura to spell mapping.
- Core: added an mapping table to link auras to actual spells of the spellobook.
- Core: removed GetSpellList, made BuildTester public as GetFlagTester.
- Core: changed the filtering API.
- Core: check spell existence.
- Tradeskill: removed obsolete Lifeblood id.
- Monk: fixed Guard id.
- Added proper filter for racials and tradeskills.
- Removed a debug statement.
- Luadoc updates.
- Added monks' spells.
- Added a method to get a list of spells.
And refactored the internals.
- No LoadOnDemand until the library is stable.
- First version.
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 2,851,100 Monthly Downloads
- 2,755,433 Monthly Downloads
- 2,093,690 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 1,498,190 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,260,749 Monthly Downloads