A DPS maximiser module for the We Don't Wipe AddOn.
How to Use
Download We Don't Wipe. Download this Frost Mage module and place only the MageFrost.lua file into the "Modules" folder of "We Don't Wipe". Quit WoW completely. Relaunch WoW. Enjoy.
See We Don't Wipe for any further information.
Other Available Modules
- Windwalker Monks
- Frost Deathknights 2H
- Frost Deathknights DW
- Arcane Mages 6.0.3!
- Fire Mages
- Enhancement Shaman
- Elemental Shaman
With more to come!
- Arcane or Dalaran Brilliance
- Water Elemental
- Rune of Power or Mirror Image
- Icy Veins
- Frost Bomb / Frozen Orb / Ice Lance / Freeze (conditional)
- Frostfire Bolt if Brain Freeze is up
- Ice Nova
- Fillers: Frost Bolt or Frostfire Bolt as per player level
General Rotation Notes
Sometimes, if you are unable to follow the rotation closely, certain abilities will just not be suggested in the queue. This is probably because preconditions to establish optimal use of the ability were not met. Additionally, some cool downs are very specific in terms of the movement/static nature of a fight, upcoming mobs, etc and so cannot be reliably included.
(It is possible to exclude abilities from a rotation, and yet still display their CD/availability.)
Notes Specific to the Frost Mage Module
While there is significant decision making logic for the Frost Bomb / Frozen Orb / Ice Lance / Freeze abilities it remains that Frost Mages have a rather trivial rotation. That is the nature of Frost Mages. A Frost Mage therefore is a good "starter" class to play (although while levelling you will very significantly be below other classes for instance DPS).
Your Tier 7 talents just cannot be included in a rotation for reliable DPS. You may care to add your Prismatic Crystal to your cool down display.
Tier 16 2p/4p bonus rotations are deprecated. I could add these on request. Note that current raid gear requires Tier 17.
* Brilliance Buff *
Dalaran Brilliance / Arcane Brilliance bring a +10% Spell Power buff and +5% Crit buff to groups. This is better than a Shaman's Burning Wrath buff and does NOT overwrite the +10% Stamina of a Warlock's Dark Intent. If a BM Hunter is present then it shouldn't be choosing a pet to give the Still Water buff. Similar logic with respect to Crit buffs such as LotWT, LotP, FH, etc. Thus: Always cast AB/DB if it is not present (on yourself - to save checking everyone).
I encourage others to suggest their own ideas, perhaps even upload your own module if you have some LUA skills. I am happy to assist.
- Added Comet Storm (lowest priority lol) for those who really must lol
- Rune of Power icon fix
- In-game rotation Note updated
- New rotation for Warlords of Draenor
- Version number bump for Patch 6.0.3
- Rotations completely revamped / corrected / prepared for Tier 16 gear bonuses
- Filler spell now correctly suggests Frostfire Bolt for players below level 12
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 3,636,929 Monthly Downloads
- 2,290,396 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,060,847 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,672,264 Monthly Downloads
- Tooltip and Auction & Economy
- 1,357,299 Monthly Downloads