I just took over this project from Zerotorescue — as it was apparently abandoned — with the intent of bring it back up-to-date for WoW5. Hopefully I'll have an updated release out in a couple of weeks.
If you've got any bug reports or patches please file them in the curseforge tracker or email email@example.com and I'll get them rolled into the mainline project. Currently my plan is just bring everything up-to-date, but I'd be happy to hear about feature requests/etc. if you've got them. I'd also be happy to take other developers if anyone is interested.
Also if anyone knows how to get in touch with Zerotorescue (or knows authoritatively that he doesn't care about this addon anymore) let me know; I don't mean to steal his glory.
Automatically opens every single mail in your mailbox without requiring any effort.
Please report issues and suggestions/requests here, I will try to process and respond to them all.Index
Time and mail remaining
Keep Free Space
Quick Auctions 3 support
You can use
/mo c(short for
/mailopener config) to open the config frame.
Time and mail remaining
Mail Opener will give a nice indication of the amount of mail remaining in your mailbox and the estimated time required to open everything. This will look like the following (this first number indicates the amount of mail currently visible, the second indicates the total amount of mail remaining):
46/1905 mail remaining, opening everything will take about 38 minutes and 32 seconds (next refresh in 55 seconds)
The following filters are available, toggling these off will no longer auto loot them, toggling them on will auto open them:
- Auction canceled
- Auction expired
- Outbid on auction
- Auction successful
- Auction won
- Player sent mail with attachments
- Player sent mail with gold
You can also toggle the notifications for mail for every single filter.
Some items which can stack a lot (such as Glyphs, Vellums, Scrolls and such) may get your mailbox and inventory completely full. Other mail opening mods will always quit opening mail as soon as it first detected your bags are full, but Mail Opener has an option to continue trying to open mail containing stackable items.
Example: Imagine standing at your mailbox with bags full of glyphs. The first glyph MO tries to open may not be between the ones already in your bags, causing the "inventory is full" error to trigger, however all 49 other glyphs in your mailbox can all still fill stacks in your bags. With this option enabled (which can be found in the general options and is disabled by default), MO will loot all 49 glyphs and then wait until the next refresh.
Keep Free Space
You can set an amount of bag space which you wish to reserve when opening mail. E.g. if you set this to 5, Mail Opener will always keep at least 5 empty bag slots available.
You can toggle text notifications in the chat frame for every single type of mail. There are also two sound notifications available, one to let you know when your inventory is full, and one to let you know when no more mail can be opened. These sound notifications will become extremely handy when you are opening hundreds of mail while browsing, watching a movie or anything else outside of WoW.
The collected module can keep track of gold gained, items gained, mail opened and time spent at the mailbox.
Quick Auctions 3 support
Mail Opener supports Quick Auction's auto mail and will automatically try to disable it when Mail Opener stats to open mail and re-enable it when MO is done in order to solve a bug in the QuickAuctions addon which used to cause random items to be send to random characters. You can further configure this behavior on the general options.
Mail Opener allows you to keep Postal enabled while running by toggling Postal's opening modules off. This will allow you to continue using Postal's sending functionality while having Mail Opener handle all the mail opening.
You can make multiple profiles to use different settings for different characters. You may want your auction house bankers to withdraw every single item from the mail, including normal mail sent by other players which contain attachments, while your level 80 characters only open auction house mail. Just an example, anything is possible. :)
v1.2.16 Zerotorescue Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:30:00 +0200
* The mailbox will still be automatically refreshed while automatic mail opening is disabled.
v1.2.15 Zerotorescue Wed, 30 Nov 2011 23:00:00 +0200
* TradeSkillMaster's Open All button should now be hidden so the text doesn't overlap the MailOpener button's text.
* Updated TOC to make the addon 4.3 compatible.
v1.2.14 Zerotorescue Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:30:00 +0200
* Fixed the auction house mail filters.
v1.2.13 Zerotorescue Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:00:00 +0200
* Fixed an error with the OpenAll module caused by patch 4.2.
* Addon should no longer be marked as out-of-date for the duration of this patch.
v1.2.12 Zerotorescue Sat, 19 Feb 2011 15:00:00 +0200
* Fixed an error at the mailbox that occured when using the latest ZeroAuctions (BETA) version.
v1.2.11 Zerotorescue Sat, 29 Jan 2011 22:30:00 +0200
* Fixed Mail Opener being added to the Blizzard config twice.
* Might have fixed a possible issue with mail box refreshing not occuring right after logging in.
v1.2.10 Zerotorescue Fri, 12 Oct 2010 18:00:00 +0200
* A "C stack overflow"-error when clicking the mail opener options in the interface -> addons tab should no longer occur.
v1.2.9 Zerotorescue Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:30:00 +0200
* Fixed the retrieval of a single attachment from mail when you are close to the keep free space limit.
* Added support for the other QuickAuctions child-addon called "AuctionProfitMaster".
v1.2.8 Zerotorescue Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:30:00 +0200
* Fixed double loading of ZeroAuctions when using AddonLoader.
v1.2.7 Zerotorescue Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:00:00 +0200
* Hopefully fixed hooking errors (I can�t reproduce them, but this should still solve it).
* Fixed the copy dialog.
* All QuickAuctions checks have been replaced with ZeroAuctions, as QA has been discontinued.
v1.2.6 Zerotorescue Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:30:00 +0200
* TOC update.
v1.2.5 Zerotorescue Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:00:00 +0200
* Now compatible with my future version of QuickAuctions (ZeroAuctions).
* Disabling Mail Opener will now also stop the overriding of the CheckInbox function.
v1.2.4 Zerotorescue Fri, 01 Oct 2010 23:30:00 +0200
+ Added an option to override the mailbox refresher to delay a mailbox refresh while there is still mail remaining. This option is enabled by default.
* Only announce mail skipped the first OpenAll after a server refresh, to reduce the spam with continuous mail opening enabled.
* Mail opening will now be interrupted when middle or alt-clicking the open all button.
v1.2.3 Zerotorescue Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:00:00 +0200
* enUS is default locale again, this should solve the errors with any non-English clients (please consider translating at http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/mailopener/localization/ ).
v1.2.2 Zerotorescue Sun, 26 Sep 2010 15:30:00 +0200
+ Added new module: Indicator. This module will show / hide the mail icon based on the amount of mail still waiting for you at the server.
v1.2.1 Zerotorescue Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:30:00 +0200
* Added AceLocale library. Oops, I forgot it because other addons usually provided it.
v1.2.0 Zerotorescue Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:00:00 +0200
Note: Remember that when updating from v1.1.4 or earlier versions you must restart the client or you will get many LUA errors.
* Tagging as v1.2.0 to indicate the last few builds (1.1.5 & 1.1.6) did a few larger/more important changes.
* Fixed an error when toggling auto mail on or off.
v1.1.7 Zerotorescue Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:30:00 +0200
* My own tests were not sufficient, fixed an error when opening cash mail.
v1.1.6 Zerotorescue Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:30:00 +0200
* The keep free space will now cause the opener to partially loot mail when you are near the keep free space requirement, rather than skipping the entire mail. The config has been adjusted to reflect this change.
* Fixed the timespent tracker of the Collected module.
* Fixed some strings I forgot to localize in the Collected module.
+ Added functionality for URLs to be added to tips.
+ Added a tip requesting your help localizing the addon. Please visit http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/mailopener/localization/ if you are a kind person mastering a language supported by the game client (also would like some clever English person to correct any of my typos and grammar errors).
v1.1.5 Zerotorescue Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:30:00 +0200
+ Added localization files and set it up at Curseforge. Please head to CurseForge.com and search for MailOpener is you are willing to translate some things.
* Modified all files to support the localization strings.
* The TOC file has been updated with the locations for the localization files. A game client restart is required or you will get spammed with many errors.
v1.1.4 Zerotorescue Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:30:00 +0200
* Fixed a LUA error when logging in.
* Tracking of the time spent at the mailbox with the Collected module should now be enabled by default.
* Hopefully fixed the usage of "mails".
+ Added a section for Mail Opener tips to the bottom of the general config. Also, the first time you start the config you will be prompted to enable continuous opening. Right now only a handful of tips are there but I plan to extend it with FAQ.
~ Skipped 1.1.3.
v1.1.2 Zerotorescue Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:30:00 +0200
+ Holding shift while clicking the open all button will now temporarily change the mail opening filters to auto loot every single mail with attachments (no exceptions).
+ Right clicking the open all button will now show a drop down menu where you can quickly toggle the mail opening filters.
+ Added a tooltip to the open all button explaining the above two features.
+ Added neat(er) tooltips for both the mail opener status toggler as the config button.
+ Added an option below the filters to disable the shift click functionality of the open all button.
+ You can now toggle the help tooltips for the Mail Opener-added MailFrame buttons in the general config.
* Only when holding the shift key while opening the mailbox will toggle the opening status. If you want to do it somewhere in the middle of your mailbox visit, just untick the mail opener checkbox.
v1.1.1 Zerotorescue Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:30:00 +0200
+ Added a new option to both of the current sound notifications to limit playing of the sound to once per mailbox visit, instead of once per mailbox refresh / bags update.
* Now using more standardized prefixes for changes.
* No longer showing spent "0 minutes" when you spent less than 59 seconds at the mailbox.
* When you only opened only a single mail, the summary will show "from this mail" rather than "from these mails".
* Reworded the QuickAuctions automail status changer config options. (old: auto mailing, new: auto mail status)
* Fixed an error when disabling the FailSafe module.
v1.1.0 Zerotorescue Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:00:00 +0200
+ Added a new config group: Modules. This group will show the module statuses and descriptions and it will contain all optional modules (with their settings) as subgroups.
+ Now making a manual changelog as the one generated by Curseforge is useless.
- Removed all BeanCounter checks in files.
+ Added a new module: BeanCounter Support. This module will now take care of preventing mail opening while BeanCounter is scanning.
+ Added AceHook library for the BeanCounter Support module.
* Sorted the Core.lua OnInitialize to properly toggle modules before doing time consuming things.
* All module comments are now a property of the modules themselves and can be retrieved with (string)".moduleDescription" and (bool)".moduleRequired".
* All module references are now called "mod".
* Removed all libraries from the repository.
v1.0.2 Zerotorescue Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:00:00 +0200
* The opener will no longer lock when a mailbox refresh happens while opening.
v1.0.0 Zerotorescue Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:00:00 +0200
+ complete rewrite to make MailOpener a stand-alone addon.
MailOpener will no longer let Postal do the opening but rather do it by itself. You can change the configuration at the interface -> addons options or by opening the option interface with /mo c (/mailopener config). You can still leave Postal enabled for it's mail sending modules but there is no reason to leave it on for the mail opening.
See the addon page for more information.
! Notable change / important information
+ Added feature or improvement
- Something removed or a bug fix
Version numbering: major.minor.build (optional -BETA appended)
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,011,007 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 484,403 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 336,889 Monthly Downloads
- 322,013 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 295,551 Monthly Downloads