Mapster is a very simple world map enhacement addon, which was designed to work in conjunction with all other map addons out there. The idea to create Mapster originated from pure lack of a simplistic addon that only modifies the world map, without adding a full scale feature set.
- Map Style (Scale & Alpha)
- Fog of War removal
- Enhancement of the raid/party group icons
- Access to the Instance Maps from anywhere!
You can access the Mapster configuration menu through the new button on the world map, as shown in the screenshot. All features (except the style) can be turned off individually if you do not need/want them.
If you're looking for a replacement to Cartographer, i also recommend the following addons:
- Support for WoW 6.0 and Warlords of Draenor
- Resolved a taint error introduced with WoW 5.4.1
- Added Siege of Orgrimmar Instance Map
- Fixed another case of quest/digsite overlays being positioned wrong
- Improved the InstanceMaps integration, reducing potential taint issues
- Fixed an issue with old FogClear data causing a "green" Hyjal map
- Updated for WoW 5.4
- Fixed display of EJ Boss Icons
- Fixed DigSite overlays being in the wrong position sometimes
- Fixed a Lua error in the Fog Clear module with the Battle Map enabled
- Fixed positioning of the quest icons after changing zone on the map
- Support for WoW 5.3
- Fixed the scale drag handle
- Fixed a bunch of strata issues causing certain map elements to not show up properly (player ping, for example)
- Support for WoW 5.2
- Fixed display of micro dungeons
- Fixed map overlay in Dun Morogh
- Fixed errant raid member icons on the world map
- Support for WoW 5.0 and Mists of Pandaria
- FogClear data for all Mists of Pandaria zones
- Instance Maps for all new Instances/Raids
- Added an option to change the scale of the Encounter Journal Map Icons
- Fixed behaviour of the Battlefield Map
- Added support for ptBR and itIT locales
- Updated for WoW 4.3
- Added instances/raids added in WoW Patch 4.3 and 4.2
- Fixed a bug that caused the whole UI to hide when the map is shown
- Fixes for 4.1
- Fixes for Digsite Overlays on the Map
- Updated FogClear Data for the new and revised zones of Cataclysm
- Added all Classic and Cataclysm Instances to the Instance Maps module
- Hide the "Track Quest" checkbox in "Minimized" map mode
- Fix the Floor Dropdown in "Minimized" map mode
- Fix an error that occured when using the "Toggle Map Size" keybinding
- Fixed GroupIcon module
- Fixes for the 4.0.1 Patch
- Add the instance map for the Ruby Sanctum
- Fixes for the 3.3.3 Patch
- Properly adjust the position of the map POIs when changing the scale of the map.
- When disabling the BattleMap module, properly restore the previously hidden textures.
- Moved the Quest Objectives drop down to the bottom status bar, so it doesn't collide with the floor drop down anymore.
- Properly apply the saved Quest Objectives state on login.
- Extended the "Show Quest Objectives" Feature to allow showing only the Map Blobs without showing the Panels on the World Map Frame.
- The Map is no longer clamped to the screen, and can be moved (partially) off-screen!
- Adjusted the maximal scale of the map to 200% for even bigger Maps on small UI Scales.
- Fixed an error in the positioning logic that was causing excess errors in some situations.
- Fixed an error that was causing the drag handle to be still click-able even when the map was closed.
- Fixed a nil error in the POI Scaling logic.
- Other random fixes to the frame layouting.
- Added an option to scale the POI Icons on the map.
- InstanceMaps fixes and additions.
- More fixes to the Quest Blobs and combat issue.
- Worked around a Blizzard Limitation that broke opening the map in combat in previous versions.
- Minor fixes
- Fixed a rare nil error related to the Hide Borders code on login.
- Updated for the 3.3.0 Content Patch
- Added support for the "minimized" map, that you can switch to for alternate positioning and size.
- Added a mouse-drag scaler to scale the map without opening the options.
- Added an option to hide the Borders and Artwork in minimized-map-mode.
- Redesigned Instance Maps code to be more versatile in the future.
- Updated for the 3.2.0 Content Patch
- Fixed a glitch that caused the Group Icons on the World Map to be displayed in white sometimes.
- Fixed an glitch with the map overlays in Alterac Valley
- Fix an error with Babble-Zone
- Full support for the 3.1.0 Content Patch!
- Added an InstanceMaps module for the builtin instance maps in the game.
- Add support for !ClassColors
- Fixes and enhancements
- Added an option to change the scale of the PlayerArrow on the map
- Internal changes
- Fixed embeded libraries
- Updated zhTW locale
- Adjusted Draw Layer of the textures in the FogClear module to not block other addons from displaying overlays on the map
- Added a new BattleMap module that applys a skin to the Battlefield MiniMap
- Improved behaviour of the FogClear module
- Alot of small fixes
- Added a workaround for the bug that would reset your map-zoom to the current zone when the Battlefield Minimap was shown
- Moved the Mapster MiniMap button a bit to the left to not overlap with QuestHelper
- Updated FogClear Data
- Small fix to the initialization code that fixes the return values of GetWidth/GetHeight before the map was shown
[B]- Support for WoW 3.0[/B]
- FogClear Data for all zones in Wrath of the Lich King included
- Fixes and tweaks for WoW 3.0
- Updated Libraries and Bugfix Release
- Added missing Library to package
- Updated for Patch 2.4
- Now using the 2.4 Interface Options Panel for configuration
- Small fixes and tweaks
- Initial Release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|