MarkingBar is an addon to help players use raid markers in parties and raids. It is designed to be simple and easy to use, while offering a wide variety of options without taking up a lot of memory. This addon is based on the once-popular but now-discontinued Hatty's Mark Bar, with features added from many other popular marking addons.
- Quickly mark and unmark the current target by clicking the symbol you want to assign or remove.
- Perform a party or raid ReadyCheck.
- Perform a Role Poll
- Announce your current marking system to party or raid chat. These messages can be customized through the gear icon or /mb options.
- While in a party or raid, place the raid flare/world markers. Note: This cannot be done in combat, and the flares frame will automatically hide when you enter combat.
- Each frame can be moved anywhere on screen and locked in place.
- Frames can have the icon order reversed or be stacked vertically.
- Frames can have the border and background completely hidden.
- Tooltips can be turned on and off.
- Tooltips can be turned on or off for announcement messages.
- Show the frames all the time, or only while you have a target.
- Show the frames while alone, in a party, or in a raid group.
- /mb Brings up the options window
- /mb options Also brings up the options window
- /mb reset Resets MarkingBar to the default values and positions
If you have any suggestions/questions/comments, comment here.
- added new worldmarkers
- tag 6.0.2
- positions stored in savedvars
- removed auto version check
- code opt
- tag 5.4.2
- tag for 5.4
- tag for 5.1
- flares bar now the same size as marker bar at 100%
- added auto version check (notify you when someone has a newer version, only when out of combat)
- code optimization
- removed clear all markers until a solution is found to have it working 100%
- added Role Poll
- updated for 5.0.4 recommend to run a /mb reset if you notice strange behavior.
- Fixed an issues that was causing the "Clear All Icons" feature to crash when clicked repeatedly. Clicking this icon repeatedly is probably still not a great idea, but will no longer cause any game-crashing world-breaking issues. =)
- Fixed numerous bugs and conflicts.
- Options frame now properly hidden during cinematics and while pressing Alt+Z
- Clicking the options gear icon will take you to the MarkingBar Options. Right-clicking the icon will take you directly to the announce options.
- A button to clear all raid icons has been added.
- Options interface has been updated to include options for the control frame
- Fixed announcements conflicting with other chat addons, like Prat
- Fixed a bunch of bugs where options weren't sticking
- Fixed taint issues hopefully once and for all. Users will no longer see "Interface action blocked because of an Addon" anymore.
- The options interface has been integrated into the default Blizzard UI. You can still access the options from /mb or from the gear icon, but you can now also access the options by pressing Esc to bring up the Game Menu>Interface>Addons>MarkingBar.
- More room to edit announcement text
- New announcement line to add at the end of the marks
- New announcement option to add a raid warning message when announcing in a raid
- New option to add announcement messages to the icon's tooltips. This is especially useful if you can never remember what text you set up and what those pesky icons mean. =)
- Added option to separate the announcement frame from the raid icons frame
- The announcement options are now always visible
- The lock icon for the main Raid Icons has moved from the announcement frame to the raid icons frame
- World Marker flares are now always hidden in combat, since the ability to set them is protected by Blizzard and you can't set them while in combat anyway.
- Corrected errors in the chat announcement not displaying icons correctly for non-English versions of WoW
- Added more show/hide options for solo, party, and raid
- Corrected taint issue that was affecting some people
- Updated version number
- Corrected errors with variables not being saved or remembered correctly.
- Corrected errors with hiding when not in a party or raid. It will now detect a party or raid correctly.
- Updated version number
- MarkingBar Initial Release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Marking Bar v2.2.0||Release||6.0.2||4,620||10/16/2014|
|Marking Bar v2.1.7||Release||5.4.2||21,645||02/24/2014|
|Marking Bar v2.1.6||Release||5.4.0||15,470||09/18/2013|
|Marking Bar v2.1.5||Release||5.1.0||15,117||11/28/2012|
|Marking Bar v2.1.3||Release||5.0.4||9,369||09/08/2012|
|Marking Bar v2.1.1||Release||4.0.6||11,617||02/22/2011|
|Marking Bar v2.1.0||Release||4.0.6||32,678||02/15/2011|
|Marking Bar v2.0.4||Release||4.0.3a||12,122||01/12/2011|
|Marking Bar v2.0.3||Release||4.0.3a||5,104||01/08/2011|
|Marking Bar v2.0.2||Release||4.0.3a||4,260||01/03/2011|
|Marking Bar v2.0.1||Release||4.0.3a||5,355||12/13/2010|
|Marking Bar v2.0||Release||4.0.3a||1,196||12/04/2010|