- 90 Likes
_NPCScan.Overlay is an addition to _NPCScan that adds map overlays for rare mob patrols. When you search for a rare in _NPCScan, <dfn>_NPCScan.Overlay</dfn> will show where it patrols until you find it. It works similarly to <cite>keithgabryelski's Rare Spawn Overlay</cite>, but supports the minimap and has a much smaller download size, along with a few new features.
Special thanks to <cite>Rare Spawn Overlay</cite>'s patrol paths and <cite>Routes</cite>' minimap drawing code for inspiration!
<font color="red">Note: _NPCScan.Overlay can integrate with _NPCScan if you have installed it, but make sure to keep both up to date if you do use both!</font>
In addition to drawing paths on the World Map, _NPCScan.Overlay adds a key to a corner of the window with each rare's name. It only appears in zones that have rare maps, like Netherstorm as seen in the screenshot. If you need to read something under the key, just move your mouse over top of it and the key will jump to a different corner.
The small “<dfn>Battlefield Minimap</dfn>” (AKA the “Zone Map”) also shows mob paths.
All shapes and sizes of minimaps are supported. Rotating minimaps work fine as well.
Also shown in the minimap's screenshot is the “found” range ring highlighting where Dirkee probably was when the alert went off. That is, Dirkee was seen at the middle of that ring, and he could have been anywhere within the 100 yard ring around that point.
One feature not shown in the screenshot is a thinner 100 yard range ring around your character. It helps you gauge _NPCScan's detection range, so you can sweep through zones more effectively. This option can be found in the <kbd>Minimap</kbd> subsection of the options panel, detailed below.
_NPCScan.Overlay's options can be found under _NPCScan's main options menu, under <kbd>_NPCScan > Overlay</kbd>, or as its own entry of <kbd>_NPCScan.Overlay</kbd> if _NPCScan isn't installed. This panel can be opened with the “<kbd>/npcscanoverlay</kbd>” slash command, or “<kbd>/overlay</kbd>” for short.
The “<samp>Always show all paths</samp>” checkbox at the top of the pane overrides the instructions of NPC tracking mods like _NPCScan to hide unused paths, and always displays all known paths instead.
The rest of the configuration pane lists each map display's options. You can enable/disable each map from here, as well as configure individual settings for them.
Each map display can have its overall transparency set independently with the “<kbd>Alpha</kbd>” slider, so that it doesn't obscure the maps themselves.
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed overlay display in Carbonite.
- 18.104.22.168: Added ptBR localization and updated frFR and zhCN localizations.
- Updated Karkin's overlays to include a new spawn point.
- Fixed a visual issue with some uncommon minimap shapes.
- Updated koKR, zhCN, and zhTW localizations.
- 22.214.171.124: Added overlays for 4.2's new tamable rares.
- 126.96.36.199: Updated koKR localization.
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed an issue with other mods that read the minimap's zoom level.
- 184.108.40.206: Added ability for minimap HUDs to reparent the minimap overlay. See Issue 44.
- Updated path overlays.
- Updated esES, ruRU, and zhCN localizations.
- Improved the accuracy of many overlay paths.
- Updated frFR, koKR, and zhTW localizations.
- 220.127.116.11: Added paths for Cataclysm rares.
- Updated deDE localization, and added esES/esMX localization by galen2.
- Removed outdated overlays from Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
- 18.104.22.168: Updated for compatibility with Carbonite 4.011.
- Moved the WorldMap's toggle button to the inside top-left corner of the map to make room for the Archaeology checkbox.
- Added an optional range ring to the WorldMap module, which should work with Carbonite (if it survives Cataclysm).
- Added deDE localization by Freydis88.
- 22.214.171.124: Updated for Cataclysm Beta.
- The WorldMap module now hides its key dynamically if the key covers too much of the map, and also maintains a minimum key scale to keep its text from shrinking too small.
- Removed the Cartographer3 module, since Cartographer is no longer being developed.
- Added localized names to the WorldMap's key frame for most NPCs in all locales.
- Added zhTW localization by s8095324.
- Fixed integration with Mapster 1.3.8.
- Tukemuth's path now goes around Wyrmrest Temple instead of through it.
- Zone data is now indexed by WorldMapArea ID rather than by filename constants.
- Minimap overlays now properly update when the map view returns to the current zone.
- Added slash commands to open the options window: “<kbd>/npcscanoverlay</kbd>”, “<kbd>/npcoverlay</kbd>”, and “<kbd>/overlay</kbd>”.
- No longer depends on _NPCScan to load, and can run standalone. If no scanning mod registers itself, _NPCScan.Overlay shows all paths by default.
- Added an “<samp>Always show all paths</samp>” option to always show all available patrols, even if the mob isn't being looked for.
- The options pane can now be scrolled when enough modules are registered in it.
- 126.96.36.199: New versions of AlphaMap have been renamed to AlphaMap3, and should work again.
- Fixed an error related to having the Battlefield Minimap shown.
- Moved the World Map toggle checkbox to an empty space when Mapster shows its dropdown there.
- 188.8.131.52: Updated to support the WorldMap changes in 3.3.
- Bullets in the WorldMap's key will hopefully display in all locales.
- Added support for AlphaMap.
- Added optional support for LibRareSpawns to show portraits in _NPCScan's mob list.
- The key frame now only appears in Carbonite when its map frame is in “maximized” mode.
- Reduced the appearance of lines inside of drawn paths.
- 184.108.40.206: Now draws a 100 yard ring on maps indicating where found mobs probably are. Putridus is excluded from this, since his detection range is as wide as Icecrown.
- 220.127.116.11: Initial release.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 999,752 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 466,028 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 340,607 Monthly Downloads
- 314,809 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 293,027 Monthly Downloads