Video Introduction & Tutorial: http://youtu.be/RnsIeFE-n5c
This is a simple little addon that announces completed quest objectives to yourself, party, raid, guild or officers, as they are completed, and may include a quest link and additional quest info. It can also be set only to announce quest completion. Now includes sound effects for your's and your party and raid member's announcements. And more, try it and see for yourself.
Type /oa or /obja to access options, or simply go to the interface options menu
Feel free to make suggestions regarding Objective Announcer, and I'll see what I can do.
Hope you enjoy :)
Compatible with WoW Patch 5.4.7. Changes from 5.4.2b beta are included in this release.
- Added slash commands for most Objective Announcer settings. This allows settings to be changed with macros. "/oa help" or "/obj help" brings up the list of commands.
- Auto-accept Escort/Event Quest messages now show class color of starter.
- Enabling Auto-complete announcements will also cause the turn-in dialog window to automatically appear.
- Failed quest announcements would report more than once.
- "Additional information" can now be individually selected. Choose between displaying "Quest Type," "Quest Level," and "Is a Daily" as you wish.
- LibSink support allows for routing self messages to locations other than the chat log. You can choose to send messages through Blizzard's scrolling combat text, Mik's Scrolling Combat Text, Big Wigs and more.
- Select your output in the new "Self Output" tab at the top of the Objective Announcer configuration menu.
- Announce when a completed quest has auto-complete and can be turned in remotely.
- Announce failed quests. (There aren't many failable quests in WoW these days, so feature is still untested. This is why 5.4.2b is a beta release for the time being.)
- New handler for announcement creation to better support individual selection of additional information.
- Two additional announcement types:
- "Both Quests and Objectives" will announce upon completing an objective and will also say "QUEST COMPLETE!" when a completed objective also complete the entire quest.
- "Progress & Completed Quests" will announce each time a quest objective advances (example: 3/12 Candlegrip Kobolds slain), and will also say "QUEST COMPLETE!" when the completed objective also completes the entire quest.
- Announcement types in the options menu renamed.
- A bug that caused OA to always announce quest turn-ins, even when disabled.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Objectives announce as intended again.
Updated by Eincrou for Patch 5.4.0 Siege of Orgrimmar.
- Announce to instance chat.
- Announce to say.
- Announce to a chat channel (such as General, Trade, or any custom channel).
- AceDB profiles support.
- Announce each time an objective is advanced.
- Announce when you accept a new quest.
- Announce when you have turned in a quest.
- SharedMedia support for all sounds. Use SharedMedia to have any sound you want play when completing an objective and/or quest!
- Separate sounds for when an objective is completed and for when the whole quest is completed.
- The "Completion Sounds" option enables and disables sounds for both completion types. If you only want sound for only one type, but not the other, select "None" in the dropdown menu for the completion type you want to be silent.
- Automatically accept escort and event quests. Useful when paired with the "Announce Turn In Quest" option for Ring of Blood-style quests.
- The color of self messages can be customized.
- Updated libraries
- Pretty-up the options menu.
- Sounds will play when announcing to guild or officer chat.
- The sound files that will play by default.
- CODE STRUCTURE: Message output logic moved to a single function, to more efficiently support the new types of announcements that have been added, and any that may be added in the future.
- "You are not in a party" error when OA attempts to announce to party chat in an instance group. Occurred when the player queued solo for Dungeon Finder.
- Self announcements no longer display if the player has already sent an announcement to a chat channel, avoiding unnecessary double messages in the chat window. There is an option to retain the old functionality and always play a self announcement (if self announcements are enabled, of course).
Bug Fix: Party Announce
Objective Announcer 184.108.40.206
Added option to announce to yourself, useful when questing alone.
Objective Announcer 5.0.5
Updated for MoP
Objective Announcer 4.3.0
Objective Announcer 4.2.0
Objective Announcer 4.1.0a
Updated Libraries Fixed Bug - Anomalous Announcements
Objective Announcer 4.1.0
Objective Announcer 4.0.1b
Fixed Bug: Occasionally announced to party when in raid
Objective Announcer 4.0.1a
Removed superfluous command line options
Objective Announcer 4.0.1
Updated and ready for Cata
Objective Announcer v0.2.5c
Added: sound effects to party and raid quest and objective announcements for all party/raid members using Objective Announcer
Objective Announcer v0.2.4
Added: options menu
Reset options to their default settings
Objective Announcer v0.2.3
Added: /obja command variation to account for where /oa is used by something else Added: option to announce only when quests are completed, rather than each individual objective
Objective Announcer v0.2.2
Minor Bug Fix
Objective Announcer v0.2.0
Added: option to include additional quest info in message
Fixed Bug: occasionally forgets to announce. Will announce now even when two quests are tracking the same item.
Objective Announcer v0.1.10
Added: command line options Added: extra channels Added: toggle the inclusion of quest links
Included: some Ace3 libraries - Many thanks :) (See license in Libs folder)
Objective Announcer v0.1.9a
Sorry I accidentally uploaded my test file, here is the correct one
Objective Announcer v0.1.9
Added quest link to message
Fixed Bug startup message on hearth
Objective Announcer v0.1.8
This is the first release version of this project.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Objective Announcer 5.4.0||Release||5.4.0||551||10/23/2013|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.5c||Release||3.2.0||86||08/05/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.4||Release||3.1.0||13||06/05/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.3||Release||3.1.0||3||06/02/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.2||Release||3.1.0||3||06/01/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.0||Release||3.1.0||9||05/21/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.1.10||Release||3.1.0||3||05/21/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.1.9a||Release||3.1.0||2||05/20/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.1.9||Release||3.1.0||4||05/20/2009|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,062,989 Monthly Downloads
- 529,459 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 334,291 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 317,844 Monthly Downloads
- 310,161 Monthly Downloads