Objective Announcer Is Compatible With Warlords of Draenor
Objective Announcer is a simple addon designed to help you automatically communicate quest status to other players.
Video Introduction & Tutorial:
Many of Objective Announcer's cool features are disabled by default, so have a look through them all!
- Completed Quests: Only announce when a quest has been fully completed.
- Objectives: Only announce when a quest objective has been completed.
- Both Quests & Objectives: Announces completed objectives, with a special message when the entire quest has been completed.
- Objective Progress: Announce each time an objective is progressed. Spam warning! ;)
- Progress & Completed Quests: Announce each time an objective is progressed, with a special message when the entire quest has been completed.
Objective Announcer allows you to choose exactly which chat channels to send messages. This includes say, party, instance, raid, guild, officer, and any chat channel. When you are questing solo, you can enable self messages, which you can give any color or route to different locations with the "Self Outputs" tab in the options menu.
Enabling this allows you to automatically announce when you miss receiving credit for "kill" or "slay" objectives. Requires party members to have Objective Announcer v6.0.3 or higher.
- It's difficult for an addon to know which objectives share credit between group members, so this feature is currently limited to objectives that have "killed" or "slain" in the objective text.
- Certain situations may cause announcements to not send if your addon is not synchronized with your party member(s)' objective status, such as joining a group or reloading the UI when your party members have already accepted quests. A lack of sync will cause an OOR announcement not to send if you are out-of-range for the first time your party member(s) progress an objective. After they progress an objective once, your addon will regain sync for that objective.
- Some quest objectives that involve killing do not share credit. Some of these quests involve killing things very rapidly. Chat spam can occur. Throttling OOR messages is on the to-do list.
Objective Announcer can add some extra information to your announcements, such as a click-able quest link, the intended level of the quest, or if it's a daily. Choose as many or as few as you want.
Extra Announcement Types
You can choose to send announcements for other situations, such as accepting, turning-in, and/or failing a quest. "Auto-accept escort/event quests" will accept any such quests you are offered, so you won't miss them. "Auto-Complete" sends a special announcement when a quest can be turned in remotely. It will also automatically open the window to turn in the quest. Use these announcements to help your dungeon members remember to turn in their quests.
Objective Announcer can play sounds on various questing events. If you have other people in your party using Objective Announcer, you can choose to hear a sound when they send an announcement. SharedMedia support allows using sounds from other addons and using your own custom sounds. Consult SharedMedia for instructions.
Chat Slash Commands
/obja in chat to open the interface options menu. Many configuration options can be edited though slash commands, allowing the use of macros to easily change settings. Type
/oa help or
/obja help for a list of commands:
|/oa quest||Quests Only|
|/oa obj||Objectives Only|
|/oa both||Both Quests & Objectives|
|/oa prog||Objectives Progress|
|/oa progq||Progress and Completed Quests|
|/oa self||Toggle Self Messages|
|/oa pub <channel>||Toggle Public Channels (Instead of <channel>, type "say," "party," "instance," "raid," "guild," "officer" or "channel")|
|/oa oor||Toggle Out-of-range Alerts|
|/oa accept||Toggle "Accept A Quest"|
|/oa turnin||Toggle "Turn In A Quest"|
|/oa escort||Toggle "Auto-Accept Escort/Event Quests"|
|/oa fail||Toggle "Quest Failure"|
|/oa soundcomp||Toggle Completion Sounds|
|/oa soundaf||Toggle Accept/Fail Sounds|
|/oa soundcomm||Toggle Communication Sounds|
Objective Announcer was created in 2009 by Bantou. Eincrou has been helping with additional development since 2013. We are happy to hear from you about bugs, feature requests or general feedback.
- Out-of-Range Alerts: Announce when a party or raid member advances a kill quest out of your range.
- Requires party members to have Objective Announcer v6.0.3+
- Objectives must have "killed" or "slain" in their description. I'm hoping to improve this in the future.
- Options menu: In Extra Information section: Changed "Is a daily" to "Frequency"
- Options menu: In Extra Information section: Changed "Quest Type" to "Suggested Group"
- Fixed some extra info types that were affected by changes to GetQuestLogTitle() in WoW 6.0.2
- Options Menu: In sound options, fixed Quest Accept heading.
- Fixed bug where quest failure sounds would not play unless completion sounds were also enabled.
Compatible with WoW Patch 6.0.2.
Change to sound files in 6.0: It seems that MP3-format sound files will no longer play in WoW. If you had any custom sound files in MP3 format, convert them to OGG and make the necessary updates to SharedMedia_MyMedia
- AddonLoader support.
- Added ability to play sounds when accepting and/or failing a quest. Just as with quest/objective completion sounds, they only play if the relevant announcement type ("Accept/Fail a Quest") is enabled. Some sounds from Blizzard's online collectible card game, Hearthstone, are included.
- Options menu: Renamed "Quest Givers" section to "Quest Start/End"
- Options menu: Moved "Auto-Complete" and "Quest Failure" options to "Quest Start/End" section
- Updated libraries
- Removed an extra library that is not being used (...yet.)
- Options menu: Fixed text for Auto-complete.
Compatible with WoW Patch 5.4.7. Changes from 5.4.2b beta are included in this release.
- Added slash commands for most Objective Announcer settings. This allows settings to be changed with macros. "/oa help" or "/obj help" brings up the list of commands.
- Auto-accept Escort/Event Quest messages now show class color of starter.
- Enabling Auto-complete announcements will also cause the turn-in dialog window to automatically appear.
- Failed quest announcements would report more than once.
- "Additional information" can now be individually selected. Choose between displaying "Quest Type," "Quest Level," and "Is a Daily" as you wish.
- LibSink support allows for routing self messages to locations other than the chat log. You can choose to send messages through Blizzard's scrolling combat text, Mik's Scrolling Combat Text, Big Wigs and more.
- Select your output in the new "Self Output" tab at the top of the Objective Announcer configuration menu.
- Announce when a completed quest has auto-complete and can be turned in remotely.
- Announce failed quests. (There aren't many failable quests in WoW these days, so feature is still untested. This is why 5.4.2b is a beta release for the time being.)
- New handler for announcement creation to better support individual selection of additional information.
- Two additional announcement types:
- "Both Quests and Objectives" will announce upon completing an objective and will also say "QUEST COMPLETE!" when a completed objective also complete the entire quest.
- "Progress & Completed Quests" will announce each time a quest objective advances (example: 3/12 Candlegrip Kobolds slain), and will also say "QUEST COMPLETE!" when the completed objective also completes the entire quest.
- Announcement types in the options menu renamed.
- A bug that caused OA to always announce quest turn-ins, even when disabled.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Objectives announce as intended again.
Updated by Eincrou for Patch 5.4.0 Siege of Orgrimmar.
- Announce to instance chat.
- Announce to say.
- Announce to a chat channel (such as General, Trade, or any custom channel).
- AceDB profiles support.
- Announce each time an objective is advanced.
- Announce when you accept a new quest.
- Announce when you have turned in a quest.
- SharedMedia support for all sounds. Use SharedMedia to have any sound you want play when completing an objective and/or quest!
- Separate sounds for when an objective is completed and for when the whole quest is completed.
- The "Completion Sounds" option enables and disables sounds for both completion types. If you only want sound for only one type, but not the other, select "None" in the dropdown menu for the completion type you want to be silent.
- Automatically accept escort and event quests. Useful when paired with the "Announce Turn In Quest" option for Ring of Blood-style quests.
- The color of self messages can be customized.
- Updated libraries
- Pretty-up the options menu.
- Sounds will play when announcing to guild or officer chat.
- The sound files that will play by default.
- CODE STRUCTURE: Message output logic moved to a single function, to more efficiently support the new types of announcements that have been added, and any that may be added in the future.
- "You are not in a party" error when OA attempts to announce to party chat in an instance group. Occurred when the player queued solo for Dungeon Finder.
- Self announcements no longer display if the player has already sent an announcement to a chat channel, avoiding unnecessary double messages in the chat window. There is an option to retain the old functionality and always play a self announcement (if self announcements are enabled, of course).
Bug Fix: Party Announce
Objective Announcer 22.214.171.124
Added option to announce to yourself, useful when questing alone.
Objective Announcer 5.0.5
Updated for MoP
Objective Announcer 4.3.0
Objective Announcer 4.2.0
Objective Announcer 4.1.0a
Updated Libraries Fixed Bug - Anomalous Announcements
Objective Announcer 4.1.0
Objective Announcer 4.0.1b
Fixed Bug: Occasionally announced to party when in raid
Objective Announcer 4.0.1a
Removed superfluous command line options
Objective Announcer 4.0.1
Updated and ready for Cata
Objective Announcer v0.2.5c
Added: sound effects to party and raid quest and objective announcements for all party/raid members using Objective Announcer
Objective Announcer v0.2.4
Added: options menu
Reset options to their default settings
Objective Announcer v0.2.3
Added: /obja command variation to account for where /oa is used by something else Added: option to announce only when quests are completed, rather than each individual objective
Objective Announcer v0.2.2
Minor Bug Fix
Objective Announcer v0.2.0
Added: option to include additional quest info in message
Fixed Bug: occasionally forgets to announce. Will announce now even when two quests are tracking the same item.
Objective Announcer v0.1.10
Added: command line options Added: extra channels Added: toggle the inclusion of quest links
Included: some Ace3 libraries - Many thanks :) (See license in Libs folder)
Objective Announcer v0.1.9a
Sorry I accidentally uploaded my test file, here is the correct one
Objective Announcer v0.1.9
Added quest link to message
Fixed Bug startup message on hearth
Objective Announcer v0.1.8
This is the first release version of this project.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Objective Announcer 5.4.0||Release||5.4.0||552||10/23/2013|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.5c||Release||3.2.0||89||08/05/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.4||Release||3.1.0||15||06/05/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.3||Release||3.1.0||4||06/02/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.2||Release||3.1.0||4||06/01/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.2.0||Release||3.1.0||12||05/21/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.1.10||Release||3.1.0||4||05/21/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.1.9a||Release||3.1.0||3||05/20/2009|
|Objective Announcer v0.1.9||Release||3.1.0||5||05/20/2009|