Ovale Spell Priority is a rotation-helper addon that shows you what spell or ability you should use in order to maximize your damage.
It displays one or more icons that show the cooldown of an action. The action is conditionally defined through a user-defined script, e.g. you may display either Corruption if the DoT is not on your target or Shadow Bolt if the Corruption DoT is already on your target.
Default scripts are available for all dps classes and specializations, based on SimulationCraft. You may also customize the default script to suit your needs (see Documentation) or use scripts made by other users.
- Default scripts for every DPS class and talent specialization.
- Tracks DoTs, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, combo points, runes, mana, everything that a player would need to choose what to do.
- Adapts to your talent points and glyphs.
- Change quickly the configuration at any time with configurable checkboxes and drop-down lists that can be shown/hidden by clicking on the icons, e.g. switching between single and multi-target damage, setting the curse to cast.
- Multi-target DoT tracking: remember which target had a DoT and when the DoT will expire, allowing the script author to support multi-target dotting.
- Compatible with the action icon skinning library Masque.
- 100% configurable: everything is in an easy-to-understand script that you can modify and test in real-time without reloading your UI.
- Can be used to track crowd-control spells on your focus.
- Scoring system: evaluate how well you followed the script. Add a new Ovale panel in Recount and Skada, with a score between 0 (very bad) and 1000 (perfect).
- Up to two-spells-ahead accuracy with some classes.
Why does it not work for me?
Try to reset your Profile in the Ovale settings. Most problems come from faulty scripts.
Why is the key binding displayed for an action wrong?
Why is the key binding not displayed at all?
The action must be in your standard Blizzard action bar in order for Ovale to know which key binding is used.
Why is the icon sometimes red?
The cooldown that is displayed in an icon is not always the true action cooldown. If this cooldown is longer than the action cooldown, then the icon is red. In most cases, it means that if you use this action too soon, then you will overwrite or clip a DoT, which may not be what you want.
Why can't I click on the icon to cast the spell?
Blizzard does not allow this. Only a predefined sequence of spells can be bound to an action icon and this sequence can not change in combat.
On my low-level character, there is nothing at all.
You need to reach level 10 and choose a specialization.
There is no bane or curse (or whatever) in the rotation.
Click the icon and select the bane or curse that you want to use from the dropdown menu list.
Johnny C. Lam <email@example.com>
2014-08-18 17:49:05 -0400
Tagging as 5.4.34 release.
Johnny C. Lam:
- Druid: Increase ratio threshold before refreshing Balance DoTs early.
The latest SimulationCraft uses 30% increase as the threshold so match it
in the default script.
- Information that's queried with GetItemInfo() might not be available.
Wait for the GET_ITEM_INFO_RECEIVED event and query again for meta-gem and
This fixes ticket 403 by @Dhanir.
- Rogue: Premeditation requires stealth.
- Death Knight: Fix Dark Transformation usage.
Dark Transformation requires 5 stacks of Shadow Infusion on the player and
applies a buff to the pet.
This fixes ticket 379 by @bamabandit.
- Allow specifying a cooldown time for buffs.
This cooldown time is how long to expect between when the buff is gained
and can be used to note the internal cooldown of a trinket that applies a
Decorate trinket buffs with approximate internal cooldown times. The
syntax is "buff_cd=N" where N is the number of seconds.
Add a BuffCooldown(id) script condition to return the remaining time
before the buff can be gained again.
- Add additional spells used in SimulationCraft action lists.
- Add haste buff from legendary caster meta-gem.
- Allow setting and getting variables within the simulator from the script.
This feature can be used to keep state from the script.
SetState(name, value) sets the named variable to the given value.
GetState(name) gets the value of the named variable or 0 if missing.
Internally, a new action "SetState" was added that always returns true.
This new state action has no output.
OvaleFrame has been adjusted to avoid flickering if a state action is the
- Fix debuff spell list names used in GetAura.
- Rename *Remains() script conditions to *Remaining() for readability.
The old names are still usable as aliases of the recommended condition
- Put all script condition definitions into a single file.
This reverses a design decision to split up conditions into smaller files
that ended up making this addon harder to update for users. Keeping all
conditions in a single file reduces the likelihood of files being added or
removed, which allows for updating the addon without needing a full
restart of the WoW client.
This does make the conditions.lua file harder to maintain, but a clean
internal code layout should alleviate this concern.
- Rename TicksRemain() to TicksRemaining() for better readability.
- Add PrimaryResource() script condition for the current power level.
PrimaryResource(id) returns the current amount of the player's primary
resource for the given spell.
- When unparsing Ovale ASTs into scripts, avoid unnecessary whitespace.
- Teach OvaleAST unparser to automatically insert parentheses as needed.
The AST structure implies that parentheses are needed when unparsing
expressions, based on the relative precedence of the operators involved.
Any existing parentheses that are extraneous due to precedence are
ignored when unparsing.
- Fix operator precedence bug with "and" and "or".
"And" binds more tightly than "or" in most logical operator precedence
- Add ExecuteTime() script condition to match SimC's "execute_time".
This condition returns the larger of a spell's cast time or the GCD.
- Add "amplified" buff from the Amplification trinkets.
- Add "stealthed_buff" spell list for common rogue and druid stealth buffs.
- Add "_buff" and "_debuff" to the default raid buff names for consistency.
- Rogue: Fix spell information to add to the correct spell IDs.
The spell information for the Crimson Tempest DoT wasn't correctly being
added due to the wrong name reference being used.
- Warrior: Fix rage cost of Impending Victory after landing a killing blow.
- Druid: Don't cast bear Berserk with Incarnation is active.
The name of the buff referenced in the script was incorrectly
"son_of_ursoc" instead of "son_of_ursoc_buff". Fix by @Wiljo.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,396,662 Monthly Downloads
- 1,042,427 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory, Mail, Quests & Leveling, Professions, and Guild
- 374,946 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 339,550 Monthly Downloads
- 325,611 Monthly Downloads