Ovale Spell Priority is a rotation-helper addon that shows you what spell or ability you should use in order to maximize your damage.
It displays one or more icons that show the cooldown of an action. The action is conditionally defined through a user-defined script, e.g. you may display either Corruption if the DoT is not on your target or Shadow Bolt if the Corruption DoT is already on your target.
The current release of Ovale provides default scripts for the following classes for Warlords of Draenor:
- Death Knight: Blood, Frost, Unholy
- Druid: Feral, Guardian, Restoration (Balance is NOT currently supported)
- Hunter: Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival
- Mage: Arcane, Fire, Frost
- Monk: Brewmaster, Windwalker
- Paladin: Protection, Retribution
- Priest: Shadow
- Rogue: Assassination, Combat, Subtlety
- Shaman: Elemental, Enhancement, Restoration
- Warlock: Affliction, Demonology, Destruction
- Warrior: Arms, Fury, Protection
- Tracks DoTs, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, combo points, runes, mana -- everything that a player would need to decide what to do.
- Adapts to your talent points and glyphs.
- 100% configurable: everything is in an easy-to-understand script that you can modify and test in real-time without reloading your UI.
- Compatible with the action icon skinning library Masque.
- Use SpellFlashCore to flash abilities on action bars in addition, or as an alternative, to displaying the ability icons.
Why does Ovale update so often?
Ovale tracks the latest SimulationCraft profiles for the latest raid content, and as action priority lists are updated in SimulationCraft, they are mirrored fairly quickly in the Ovale default scripts.
Why is the key binding displayed for an action wrong?
You may be running an action bar addon, e.g., Bartender4, etc., that does not use the Blizzard action bar frames.
Why is the icon sometimes red?
The cooldown that is displayed in an icon is not always the true action cooldown. If this cooldown is longer than the action cooldown, then the icon is red. In most cases, it means that if you use this action too soon, then you will overwrite or clip a DoT, which may not be what you want.
Why can't I click on the icon to cast the spell?
Blizzard does not allow this. Only a predefined sequence of spells can be bound to an action icon and this sequence can not change in combat.
How do I make the spells flash on the action bar?
On my low-level character, there is nothing at all.
You need to reach level 10 and choose a specialization. However, be aware that the default Ovale scripts are tuned for max-level characters and you may be missing key abilities at low levels that are assumed to exist. If the default script is not working for you, you will need to find or write a script more appropriate for your character's level.
Johnny C. Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2014-12-16 12:26:56 -0500
Tagging as 6.0.34 release.
Johnny C. Lam:
- Update frFR localization data.
- Update default scripts to SimulationCraft git master from 2014-12-15.
- Translate SimulationCraft's "gcd.remains" operand.
- Enhance Name() script condition to accept a spell ID instead of a name.
The name of the spell is then used for comparison to the unit name.
- Add OvaleTotem module to keep state for player's totems.
OvaleTotem tracks everything that is considered to be a totem in-game.
This includes shaman totems, mage's Rune of Power and Prismatic Crystal,
druid Wild Mushroom, and monk statues. Casting a spell that summons a
totem in the simulator will now actually summon the totem in the
Modify script conditions to use the new state methods provided by
OvaleTotem. RuneOfPowerRemaining() is deprecated and the Totem*()
conditions now directly take the ID of the spell that summons the totem.
Decorate totem spell descriptions in the default scripts with information
used by OvaleTotem.
- Store the texture of the spell when scanning the spellbook.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 3,602,379 Monthly Downloads
- 2,252,354 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,074,304 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,575,038 Monthly Downloads
- Tooltip and Auction & Economy
- 1,306,068 Monthly Downloads