Ovale Spell Priority is a rotation-helper addon that shows you what spell or ability you should use in order to maximize your damage.
It displays one or more icons that show the cooldown of an action. The action is conditionally defined through a user-defined script, e.g. you may display either Corruption if the DoT is not on your target or Shadow Bolt if the Corruption DoT is already on your target.
The current release of Ovale provides default scripts for the following classes for Warlords of Draenor:
- Death Knight: Blood, Frost, Unholy
- Druid: Feral, Guardian, Restoration (Balance is NOT currently supported)
- Hunter: Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival
- Mage: Arcane, Fire, Frost
- Monk: Brewmaster, Windwalker
- Paladin: Protection, Retribution
- Priest: Shadow
- Rogue: Assassination, Combat, Subtlety
- Shaman: Elemental, Enhancement, Restoration
- Warlock: Affliction, Demonology, Destruction
- Warrior: Arms, Fury, Protection
- Tracks DoTs, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, combo points, runes, mana -- everything that a player would need to decide what to do.
- Adapts to your talent points and glyphs.
- 100% configurable: everything is in an easy-to-understand script that you can modify and test in real-time without reloading your UI.
- Compatible with the action icon skinning library Masque.
- Use SpellFlashCore to flash abilities on action bars in addition, or as an alternative, to displaying the ability icons.
How closely are the default scripts based on SimulationCraft?
The SimulationCraft APL language and the Ovale script language are functionally very similar and concepts from one can be translated into the other in a very direct and mechanical way. For all intents and purposes, the default scripts are the SimulationCraft APLs imported into the game and displayed visually.
Why is the key binding displayed for an action wrong?
You may be running an action bar addon, e.g., Bartender4, etc., that does not use the Blizzard action bar frames.
Why is the icon sometimes red?
The cooldown that is displayed in an icon is not always the true action cooldown. If this cooldown is longer than the action cooldown, then the icon is red. In most cases, it means that if you use this action too soon, then you will overwrite or clip a DoT, which may not be what you want.
How do I make the spells flash on the action bar?
Why can't I click on the icon to cast the spell?
Blizzard does not allow this. Only a predefined sequence of spells can be bound to an action icon and this sequence can not change in combat.
On my low-level character, there is nothing at all.
You need to reach level 10 and choose a specialization. However, be aware that the default Ovale scripts are tuned for max-level characters and you may be missing key abilities at low levels that are assumed to exist. If the default script is not working for you, you will need to find or write a script more appropriate for your character's level.
Ovale Spell Priority 6.2.7
Changes from version 6.2.6:
Mage: Avoid suggesting the "end of fight" burn phase altogether.
Let the player figure out when it's okay to keep casting Arcane Blast near
the end of a fight. The DPS difference is minimal.
Changes from version 6.2.5:
Regenerate scripts based on SimulationCraft profiles from 2015-06-30.
Add Shatterlance buff from the Archimonde trinket to the mage spell
database to support the latest frost mage profile.
Merge branch 'simulationcraft'.
Pull in changes from SimulationCraft git master from 2015-06-30.
Import Tier18M profiles from SimulationCraft git master from 2015-06-30.
Mage: Only do "end of fight" burn as arcane if there is one enemy.
Strictly filter for actions to or against friendly group members.
Add a function to determine whether a mob is a friendly group member and
use it to filter out CLEU actions. This fixes situations where a
player-controlled unit that was outside the group was triggering enemies
being added or removed.
Also check for a proper GUID and name for the source and destination GUIDs
in the CLEU handler. This filters out environmental damage as well as
damage from unattackable mobs.
Add checks for other CLEU events that are triggered by a unit dying so the
enemy count is reduced more quickly.
Only track events that cause tagging by either the enemy or your group,
but filter out ticking DoT damage from triggering enemy updates. Ticking
DoT damage causes false positives after the casting mob has died. Filter
out these events from triggering the update of the enemy count.
This is potentially wrong in the scenario where you join a raid group or
get in range of a friendly group member who has an existing DoT ticking on
them and the caster is no longer being attacked or casts any other
dangerous spells. In this case, it's likely that the caster is no longer
a threat, so arguably not counting that caster makes sense.
These changes improve the accuracy of the count of the number of enemies
on the battlefield.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 3,354,798 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 3,135,644 Monthly Downloads
- 2,414,376 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,345,097 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 1,004,049 Monthly Downloads