Ovale Spell Priority is a rotation-helper addon that shows you what spell or ability you should use in order to maximize your damage.
It displays one or more icons that show the cooldown of an action. The action is conditionally defined through a user-defined script, e.g. you may display either Corruption if the DoT is not on your target or Shadow Bolt if the Corruption DoT is already on your target.
The current release of Ovale provides default scripts for the following classes for Warlords of Draenor:
- Death Knight: Blood, Frost, Unholy
- Druid: Feral, Guardian, Restoration (Balance is NOT currently supported)
- Hunter: Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival
- Mage: Arcane, Fire, Frost
- Monk: Brewmaster, Windwalker
- Paladin: Protection, Retribution
- Priest: Shadow
- Rogue: Assassination, Combat, Subtlety
- Shaman: Elemental, Enhancement, Restoration
- Warlock: Affliction, Demonology, Destruction
- Warrior: Arms, Fury, Protection
- Tracks DoTs, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, combo points, runes, mana -- everything that a player would need to decide what to do.
- Adapts to your talent points and glyphs.
- 100% configurable: everything is in an easy-to-understand script that you can modify and test in real-time without reloading your UI.
- Compatible with the action icon skinning library Masque.
- Use SpellFlashCore to flash abilities on action bars in addition, or as an alternative, to displaying the ability icons.
How closely are the default scripts based on SimulationCraft?
The SimulationCraft APL language and the Ovale script language are functionally very similar and concepts from one can be translated into the other in a very direct and mechanical way. For all intents and purposes, the default scripts are the SimulationCraft APLs imported into the game and displayed visually.
Why is the key binding displayed for an action wrong?
You may be running an action bar addon, e.g., Bartender4, etc., that does not use the Blizzard action bar frames.
Why is the icon sometimes red?
The cooldown that is displayed in an icon is not always the true action cooldown. If this cooldown is longer than the action cooldown, then the icon is red. In most cases, it means that if you use this action too soon, then you will overwrite or clip a DoT, which may not be what you want.
How do I make the spells flash on the action bar?
Why can't I click on the icon to cast the spell?
Blizzard does not allow this. Only a predefined sequence of spells can be bound to an action icon and this sequence can not change in combat.
On my low-level character, there is nothing at all.
You need to reach level 10 and choose a specialization. However, be aware that the default Ovale scripts are tuned for max-level characters and you may be missing key abilities at low levels that are assumed to exist. If the default script is not working for you, you will need to find or write a script more appropriate for your character's level.
Ovale Spell Priority 6.2.9
THIS RELEASE REQUIRES A CLIENT RESTART.
Changes from version 6.2.8:
We track the Frenzy buff on the Hunter not the pet.
Re-sort loading order of Ace3 libraries to match Ace3's TOC file.
Split out version check into a separate OvaleVersion module.
This adds a dependency on AceComm-3.0 to deal with excessive messages.
Don't unregister an event that's not registered.
Don't fire events during OnEnable().
Modules loaded later on register event handlers in their own OnEnable()
methods. Fire events as a result of PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD instead so that
after a reloading screen, all of the correct event handlers are called in
This fixes event registration for the following modules:
Fix tracking of Bandit's Guile when it expires before Deep Insight.
Properly reset the number of stacks to zero if the aura has already
expired. Also add some debugging messages to the module.
Changes from version 6.2.7:
Regnerate scripts based on SimulationCraft profiles from 2015-07-06.
Merge branch 'simulationcraft'.
Pull in changes from SimulationCraft git master and MMO-Champion rogue
forums from 2015-07-06.
Import Tier18M profiles from SimulationCraft git master from 2015-07-06.
Import MMO-Champion rogue profiles from 2015-07-06.
Ensure OnCheckBoxValueChanged() is run every time a checkbox is changed.
OnCheckBoxValueChanged() saves the checkbox state to the profile and
raises an event to trigger evaluating the script. Ensure that this
private method is run regardless of how the checkbox state is changed,
whether through the UI or by directly calling SetCheckBox() or
Fixes bug noted by @LunaEclipse and closes the following pullup requests
- Closes #6.
Use pet GUIDs cached by OvaleGUID in modules that require pet GUIDs.
Treat pet attacks as a player tag for enemy-count purposes.
Keep track of player's pet GUIDs.
Add a public property table OvaleGUID.petGUID whose keys are pet GUIDs and
a public method IsPlayerPet(guid) that returns true if the guid is in the
Reorder CLEU_TAG_SUFFIXES so that more common suffixes appear earlier.
Make a quicker check for auto-attacks in OvaleEnemies.
Put tagged enemies on an activity timer.
If a tagged enemy hasn't been actively tagged by the player for
REAPED_INTERVAL (3s) then remove it from the tagged enemies list. This
helps to deal with cases where an enemy is tagged then becomes
Fixes ticket 501 by @syrairc.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 3,782,356 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 3,248,414 Monthly Downloads
- 2,511,208 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,414,881 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 1,018,284 Monthly Downloads