Ovale Spell Priority is a rotation-helper addon that shows you what spell or ability you should use in order to maximize your damage.
It displays one or more icons that show the cooldown of an action. The action is conditionally defined through a user-defined script, e.g. you may display either Corruption if the DoT is not on your target or Shadow Bolt if the Corruption DoT is already on your target.
The current release of Ovale provides default scripts for the following classes for Warlords of Draenor:
- Death Knight: Blood, Frost, Unholy
- Druid: Feral, Guardian, Restoration (Balance is NOT currently supported)
- Hunter: Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival
- Mage: Arcane, Fire, Frost
- Monk: Brewmaster, Windwalker
- Paladin: Protection, Retribution
- Priest: Shadow
- Rogue: Assassination, Combat, Subtlety
- Shaman: Elemental, Enhancement, Restoration
- Warlock: Affliction, Demonology, Destruction
- Warrior: Arms, Fury, Protection
- Tracks DoTs, buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, combo points, runes, mana -- everything that a player would need to decide what to do.
- Adapts to your talent points and glyphs.
- 100% configurable: everything is in an easy-to-understand script that you can modify and test in real-time without reloading your UI.
- Compatible with the action icon skinning library Masque.
- Use SpellFlashCore to flash abilities on action bars in addition, or as an alternative, to displaying the ability icons.
How closely are the default scripts based on SimulationCraft?
The SimulationCraft APL language and the Ovale script language are functionally very similar and concepts from one can be translated into the other in a very direct and mechanical way. For all intents and purposes, the default scripts are the SimulationCraft APLs imported into the game and displayed visually.
Why is the key binding displayed for an action wrong?
You may be running an action bar addon, e.g., Bartender4, etc., that does not use the Blizzard action bar frames.
Why is the icon sometimes red?
The cooldown that is displayed in an icon is not always the true action cooldown. If this cooldown is longer than the action cooldown, then the icon is red. In most cases, it means that if you use this action too soon, then you will overwrite or clip a DoT, which may not be what you want.
How do I make the spells flash on the action bar?
Why can't I click on the icon to cast the spell?
Blizzard does not allow this. Only a predefined sequence of spells can be bound to an action icon and this sequence can not change in combat.
On my low-level character, there is nothing at all.
You need to reach level 10 and choose a specialization. However, be aware that the default Ovale scripts are tuned for max-level characters and you may be missing key abilities at low levels that are assumed to exist. If the default script is not working for you, you will need to find or write a script more appropriate for your character's level.
Ovale Spell Priority 6.2.16
Changes from version 6.2.15:
Only suggest the legendary ring if it is equipped and usable.
Regenerate scripts to re-add suggesting on-use trinket actions.
Merge branch 'simulationcraft'.
Add "use_item" actions to SimC APLs so that script code for on-use
trinkets is properly generated.
Add "use_item" to APLs to properly generate code for on-use trinkets.
Suggest using the legendary ring separately from trinkets.
Also fix a bug where non-spell actions were not emitted by the SplitByTag
The engineering glove enhancement was removed ages ago.
Import latest release.sh from curseforge-packager project.
Update localized strings from CurseForge app from 2015-12-30.
Regenerate scripts based on SimulationCraft git master from 2015-12-17.
Avoid emitting "call_action_list" as a missing symbol.
Filter out special actions from the list of actions that are regarded as
Add trinket information for the Soul Capacitor.
Add item ID for the Empty Drinking Horn.
Translate SimC's "equipped.<item>" to allow checking for equipped items.
Translate SimC's "eclipse_dir.<name>" expressions for balance druids.
Translate SimC's "solar_max" for balance druids.
Teach OvaleSimulationCraft about "@" absolute value operator.
Limit its translation to simple inequalities involving absolute values by
converting to the appropriate union or intersection of one-sided
inequalities. The latter are more suitable for translating into the
equivalent Ovale timespan concept.
This fixes the translation of "@" used in balance druid APLs involving
Druid: Move Cenarion Ward back to short CD icon for Guardian druids.
Cenarion Ward should not be used on cooldown since it wastes a GCD that
could be used to generate rage and is situational in providing a burst
heal for the tank.
Merge branch 'simulationcraft'
Pull in changes from SimulationCraft git master from 2015-12-17.
Import Tier18M profiles from SimulationCraft git master from 2015-12-17.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 826,070 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 767,122 Monthly Downloads
- 718,102 Monthly Downloads
- Titan Panel
- Plugins and Titan Panel
- 477,978 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 454,157 Monthly Downloads