If you like this mod, please vote for it!
What is Perl Classic?
Perl Classic Unit Frames are a complete rewrite of the original mods by Perl. They replace the default Player, Pet, Target, Target of Target, Party, and Party Pet frames and add dedicated frames for many other units (Focus, Focus Target, Party Target, Target of Target of Target). It has been a high priority to maintain the look and feel or the original Perl mods while expanding functionality. The mod has been recoded for performance and is built around the Blizzard UI usage of events.
Q: I'm seeing double party buffs for some reason, what gives?
A: 99% of the time this is caused by CT_PartyBuffs. Simply remove the mod and you will return to having one set of party buffs.
Q: I am having massive dead spots for clicking on some of the unit frames, what's wrong?
A: This can be caused by a number of mods, but the most common seems to be CT_MovableParty. Please remove this mod as Perl can be moved without the use of this mod.
Q: The default party frames are showing up with red lightning bolts. What's going on?
A: As of version 1.503 of CT_RaidAssist this should no longer be caused by CTRA. The settings for this are now located in the WoW settings under Interface Options -> Basic -> Raid -> Hide Party Interface.
Q: Do you support ArcaneBar?
A: Yes, it is included in your download of Perl Classic.
Q: Will you be bringing back support for Perl_PlayerBuff?
A: No, there are far better mods for both features and performance.
Q: Where are the raid frames?
A: As of 2.0 I no longer code raid frames for Perl Classic. Luckily, X-Perl's raid frames work great alongside Perl Classic. X-Perl's raid frames (and the unit frames themselves) can be found here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/xperl.aspx
Q: The scaling is all messed up! What do i do?
A: I recommend setting the scale to that of the UI if you are having issues. Open the options menu via "/perl" or the Black Pearl icon on the minimap and set the scale accordingly under the "All" tab.
Q: I am having an issue not listed in this FAQ, what can I do?
A: First, update *every* mod. I do not support ancient outdated and unmaintained mods. If you have double checked that everything is up to date, post on any of the Perl Classic mod pages and I'll be glad to help you narrow down the issue or give suggestions to help find a solution.
Q: Can you add this feature?
A: I'm sure it's possible, but the primary purpose of this mod is to 'modernize' the original Perl mod so that it doesn't slow your game down.
Mods that Perl Classic will take advantage of:
Clique - http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5108
myAddOns - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/my-add-ons.aspx
Mods that take advantage of Perl Classic:
BeneCaster - http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=3606
5.08 - February 23, 2014
- All: Updated TOC Interface version to 50400
- All: Fixed taint issues relating to right click menus
5.07 - June 6, 2013
- All: Updated TOC Interface version to 50300
- Party: Role icons now appear on top of the PvP status icons
- PartyPet: Frames now correctly hide in raids
5.06 - March 31, 2013
- All: Updated TOC Interface version to 50200
- All: Fixed taint issues regarding CombatFeedback, FACTION_BAR_COLORS, RAID_CLASS_COLORS, DebuffTypeColor, CooldownFrame_SetTimer, SetRaidTargetIconTexture, and UIErrorsFrame
- Target: Added a quest boss icon to the name frame
- Target: Adjusted the dead status icon up one pixel
5.05 - March 2, 2013
- Target: Reverted ToT positions will save properly now when changing Target options change
5.04 - February 28, 2013
- All: Updated TOC Interface version to 50100
- ArcaneBar: Updated OnEvent code for Cataclysm
- ArcaneBar: Added some sanity checks for disabled frames
- Pet/ToT: Positions will now save when using the align buttons
- Target: Trivial NPCs are now supported
- Target: ToT positions will save properly now when changing Target options
5.03 - September 12, 2012
- All: No longer referencing global underscore variables
5.02 - September 1, 2012
- ArcaneBar: Added a sanity check for UnitChannelInfo returning nil
- Party: Added a sanity check for CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS returning nil
5.01 - August 28, 2012
- All: Updated TOC Interface version to 50001
- All: Updated to use GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE event
- All: Updated right click menu code for target related frames
- All: Added server specific saved variable support
- All: Frame positions are now saved in saved variables
- CombatDisplay/Focus/Party/PartyTarget/Pet/Target/ToT: Added some sanity checks for dividing by zero
- CombatDisplay/PartyPet/PartyTarget/Pet/Target/ToT: Changed the default frame position
- CombatDisplay/Player: Added Monk support to the Druid Bar
- Config: All unit frames now hide while taking part in a pet battle
- Config: Fixed an issue that would prevent deleting profiles
- Config: After deleting a profile it will no longer remain displayed in the dropdown menu
- Config: CombatDisplay now displays in positioning mode
- Config: Changed some option names regarding the new power bars
- Config: Removed some localization strings that were no longer being used
- Focus/Party/Player/Target: Updated to use CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS global for class icons
- Party/Player/Target: Updated to use UnitIsGroupLeader function
- PartyPet: Fixed a scaling issue
- PartyTarget: Health bars now show the percent sign after hovering over a health bar
- Pet: Pet Target frame will now save position in the Global Save option
- Player: Added support for Monk Harmony Bar
- Player: Added support for Priest Shadow Bar
- Player: Added support for additional Warlock power bars
- Player: The experience bar now maxes out at Level 90
- Player: Updated to use GetNumGroupMembers function
- Target: Percents on NPCs with no power bar will properly display zero
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Player Buff 20003.2||Release||2.0.3||85||02/28/2007|