This AddOn simply plays custom music (like Pokemon music) during pet battles. To add tracks, follow the instructions in music.lua.
For copyright reasons I can't distribute any Pokemon music with this AddOn, but if you know of some suitable music with a permissive licence (or in the public domain), just leave a comment on Curse or WoW Interface and I'll see if I can package it with future releases.
CAUTION: The included Populate_Music scripts will completely overwrite your existing music.lua file! Make sure you back up any manual changes you make.
Both the Windows and Unix scripts require the ogginfo program from the vorbis-tools package.
On Windows, download vorbis-tools-win32-bin.7z from here, unpack it and copy ogginfo.exe, libogg.dll and libvorbis.dll into the Interface\AddOns\PetBattleMusic\ogginfo folder.
On Mac OSX, you can install vorbis-tools from Homebrew (you don't need to put ogginfo in the AddOn folder like on Windows). On other Unix-like systems, you can probably install it from your package manager.
The Unix script also requires mp3info, available from Homebrew or your package manager.
Alpha Versions, API and Source Code
The source code is now available on GitHub.
- Update Windows scripts to work with Windows 10
- Thanks to badjujumojo of Curse for the index
- Update to 6.2
- Stop mute timer when starting a new battle before the previous battle's victory/defeat music has finished
- Fixes music stopping completely and game music being left off in the middle of a battle
- Change PopulateMusic_Windows to use ogginfo for Ogg files
- Update unsupported OS message in Windows scripts
- Update to 6.0
- Replace animation timers with new C_Timer system
- Add Windows 8.1 support to PopulateMusic_Windows scripts
- Add pause to end of shell script
- Replace %d with %.0f in format patterns
- ogginfo can return non-integer file lengths, which don't work with %d.
- Stop using -r option to sed
- -r is a GNU extension, not portable to all platforms
- Add option to use backslashes in PM_Unix.sh
- Move then and do to same line as if and for
- Change PopulateMusic_Windows.js to compare file types instead of file extensions (which are only included in the name when they're shown in Windows explorer).
- Move file type checks into the isAudioFile function to make the logic easier to change in future.
- Replace all == with === in PM_Windows.js
- Add a missing backslash in the main comment of ScriptParts\music_part0.lua and music.lua
- Victory/defeat music will now stop playing when you enter a new battle.
- Updated music.lua with the new instructions.
- Removed libraries from TOC/.pkgmeta
- We're using animation objects instead of AceTimer now
- Added support for Ogg files to the scripts.
- Replaced README.txt with README.md (for GitHub)
- Updated TOC Interface number.
- Added support for separate music tables
- Most public API functions now take a music table name as their first argument.
- The script part files are now numbered to support easy construction of music.lua using for loops.
- Moved settings from core.lua to a new config.lua file.
- Added a :GetOptionValue() method to the API to get the value of options set in config.lua
- More documentation changes
- Changed .docmeta format
- Added manual LICENCE.txt output
- Re-added the .docmeta and .pkgmeta files
- Added public API, removed debugging code
- Commented out CVar stuff
- Master Plan
- 1,200,806 Monthly Downloads
- 1,077,899 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 1,017,439 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 689,625 Monthly Downloads
- 557,691 Monthly Downloads