Simple and light-weight tracking of profession links and recipes for all your alts and friends. Tooltip enhancements and AH/merchant coloring for professions-related recipes and items - ideal for recipe collecting, profession leveling, and any serious crafting.
NOTE: PATCH 5.4 BREAKS PV AND SIMILAR ADDONS
Blizzard has made a major change to the operation of tradeskill hyperlinks in patch 5.4.0, whose implementation seriously affects their usability and fundamentally breaks addons such as ProfessionsVault that rely upon them. Read more details here, and please help complain on the Blizzard Bug Report Forums. A recent tweet from Blizzard Community Manager Bashiok hints there may be a fix forthcoming in a future client patch, however it STILL remains broken after two client patches (5.4.2).
The current release of ProfessionsVault is a "cripped" version that omits the features which rely upon working TradeSkill links (annotated below). There is still no way to open the trade skill links for characters that are offline or you are not directly interacting with. This limitation is imposed by Blizzard's broken hyperlink implementation, as described above. Other features are fully functional, notably including recipe coloring and AH scanning. It notably also allows you to open the tradeskill windows of any same-guild toon in your database (it uses the guild roster to bypass the broken hyperlinks).
Profession list features
- ProfessionsVault automatically records and saves the profession links of all your alts
- Easily allows saving any professions linked from friends or guildies into your database
- <Broken in 5.4> Provides one-click access to the Trade Skill UI of any toon's profession.
- Supports easily posting links of your toon's professions to any chat
- Data is shared between all your toons on the realm, including cross-faction
- <Broken in 5.4> Comes pre-loaded with links to fully-stocked professions
- Enhances recipe tooltips with info about which characters can learn the pattern
- Colors recipes in the Auction House display to indicate which characters can learn the pattern
- Colors recipes in the Merchant (vendor) window display to indicate which characters can learn them.
- Automated scan allows your bank character to scan the AH for recipes learnable by any alt.
- Customizable recipe coloring and character name coloring
- Includes an LDB broker with easy access to your professions, supports Fubar or Titan Panel, or can be used stand-alone
- Based on the Ace3 Addon Framework
- Enables the "link" button on all profession windows (default UI just has it for your own)
- Integrates nicely with other profession-related addons such as Ackis Recipe List, Skillet, Advanced Trade Skill Window and Gnomeworks
- Open the PV window using the minimap icon, LDB launcher or by typing "/pv show" on the command line.
- PV window shows all the saved professions for your character, any alts on the same account running PV, and any profession links you've saved.
- <Broken in 5.4> PV window also includes links to fully-stocked professions (ie containing every recipe)
- Data update happens automatically whenever you open a trade skill window, or you can update them all at any time using the "Scan my Professions" button. PV will automatically update when you learn a recipe or skill up.
- Config button can be used to configure tooltip/coloring integration.
- To save any profession link into PV (eg whispered from a friend or in trade), just open the link and press the new "Save" button that appears at the bottom of the Trade Skill UI. The same technique can be used to merge profession data from a second account (dual-boxing).
Featured in a Curse Addon Spotlight
Please use the WowAce ticket system for any bug reports or feature requests. Bug reports in comments will be deleted.
Apply localization updates or fixes HERE
- next96 (Korean)
- Freydis88 (German)
- alpha2009 (Chinese zhTW)
- zhTW (Chinese zhTN)
- D_Angel (Russian)
- Valdesca (Spanish esES)
- ChtiClem (French)
- bacco82 (Portuguese)
- <Fables> on US-Antonidas for lots of testing help and suggestions
- Drkestshadow on US-Antonidas for various testing help and suggestions
r538 | oscarucb | 2014-05-20 22:05:22 +0000 (Tue, 20 May 2014) | 1 line
A /tags/7.1.9 (from /trunk:537)
Tagging as 7.1.9
r537 | oscarucb | 2014-05-20 22:04:13 +0000 (Tue, 20 May 2014) | 2 lines
bump db version to 5.4.8
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|7.2.0 beta 1-nolib||Beta||6.0.2||79||10/14/2014|
|7.2.0 beta 1||Beta||6.0.2||1,152||10/14/2014|
|7.1.0 beta 4||Beta||5.4.0||202||09/25/2013|
|7.1.0 beta 4-nolib||Beta||5.4.0||11||09/25/2013|
|7.1.0 beta 3-nolib||Beta||5.4.0||8||09/24/2013|
|7.1.0 beta 3||Beta||5.4.0||106||09/24/2013|
|7.1.0 beta 2||Beta||5.4.0||109||09/23/2013|
|7.1.0 beta 2-nolib||Beta||5.4.0||14||09/23/2013|
|7.1.0 beta 1||Beta||5.4.0||252||09/22/2013|
|7.1.0 beta 1-nolib||Beta||5.4.0||9||09/22/2013|
|6.4.2 beta 1||Beta||5.3.0||117||05/21/2013|
|6.4.2 beta 1-nolib||Beta||5.3.0||7||05/21/2013|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 2,063,654 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 1,693,842 Monthly Downloads
- 929,629 Monthly Downloads
- BigWigs Bossmods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 520,835 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory, Mail, Quests & Leveling, Professions, and Guild
- 467,567 Monthly Downloads